• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
bad enough you have petty people in the workplace, but petty bosses are ******* frustrating.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Don't knock it till you try it, my allergies and light astma, disappeared after I stopped eating grain.

Sound reasoning since clearly nothing else changed.

Last edited:

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dunno about adopting it as a "way of life" like veganism, but a modified version of paleo has helped me lose a lot of weight recently

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have noticed a trend. Wednesdays are always full of meetings and Friday's are always full of requests for things. I think I know why this is.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

I have noticed a trend. Wednesdays are always full of meetings and Friday's are always full of requests for things. I think I know why this is.

Speaking of Friday requests...I took last Friday off to run a bunch of errands with Mrs. Piob. I was occupying my favorite spot at the bar for 3pm and my phone rings. It's "Work." I pick up thinking it might be something important. It's my most (and only) annoying direct. He tells me he emailed me something for review 30 minutes ago and is phoning to see why I've not reviewed it yet. He informs me it's due by Sunday midnight (wtf with that deadline?) so I absolutely must review it today. So I ripped him a new one, starting with the fact my "Out of Office" autoreply should have informed him I was not in the office and that only someone that does not value their job would demand from their boss a multipage application needs review ASAP at 3pm on Friday. There are some political and PR reasons I do not want to fire him until Q1 2014 but I just about jumped the gun last Friday.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Speaking of Friday requests...I took last Friday off to run a bunch of errands with Mrs. Piob. I was occupying my favorite spot at the bar for 3pm and my phone rings. It's "Work." I pick up thinking it might be something important. It's my most (and only) annoying direct. He tells me he emailed me something for review 30 minutes ago and is phoning to see why I've not reviewed it yet. He informs me it's due by Sunday midnight (wtf with that deadline?) so I absolutely must review it today. So I ripped him a new one, starting with the fact my "Out of Office" autoreply should have informed him I was not in the office and that only someone that does not value their job would demand from their boss a multipage application needs review ASAP at 3pm on Friday. There are some political and PR reasons I do not want to fire him until Q1 2014 but I just about jumped the gun last Friday.

Congrats, you're a total douchebag.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I seriously think people need me on Friday's more than any other day of the week. I think people are in a rush to get **** done that they neglected all damn week. It makes me furious. I work a lot of hours during the week so my boss gives me every other Friday off, which is amazing, but those Friday's I have off are basically me working from the coffee shop. Last week, it was me working from the coffee shop on Friday, Saturday getting so many phone calls and stuff I had to tell everybody to **** off for 20 minutes until I got to the office to take care of **** they could have asked me for weeks ago.

I hate when somebody asks me for something that takes a lot of effort, and they need it immediately so I bust my balls to get it to them then I don't hear back from them until 2 weeks later when they have questions, comments, and edits that they need RIGHT NOW! **** you, bad planning on your part.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Congrats, you're a total douchebag.

Thanks, mang!

Also come talk to me about dealing with problem employees when you occupy a position like I do, schoolboy.

Last edited:

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So, Piob, am I to understand that you'll be hiring come Q1 of '14?

I hate when somebody asks me for something that takes a lot of effort, and they need it immediately so I bust my balls to get it to them then I don't hear back from them until 2 weeks later when they have questions, comments, and edits that they need RIGHT NOW! **** you, bad planning on your part.

I feel your pain. I have a boss like this. He was my immediate supervisor for a few years, and now he's my boss's boss, which actually makes it worse. It's infuriating, and completely disrespectful.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

So, Piob, am I to understand that you'll be hiring come Q1 of '14?
I feel your pain. I have a boss like this. He was my immediate supervisor for a few years, and now he's my boss's boss, which actually makes it worse. It's infuriating, and completely disrespectful.

Totally disrespectful. I used to have a boss like this, but not anymore thankfully. She used to have everything filter through her before going to another department, it was like she had zero trust in your work and that bugged me. It wouldn't have bugged me so much if the material actually got to the destination, but if you sent it to her it would go into a black hole that was her inbox and the personal who requested it wouldn't ever see it and I ended up looking like the asshole. I learned this quick and began going around her for everything. She ended up getting pulled from that position so I am happy with my new boss. It is other people's bosses that stuff infuriate me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads