1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

wow. those guys are fuked then.

2. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

also things that are pissing me off:

apparently the state of Connecticut has a "car tax". I just got a bill in the mail for it. why not just charge it to me or have the option to pay at the DMV when I re-register the vehicle from NY?

also I had the day off and took the dogs to the park. I brought my camera and I dropped it. The battery latch broke and I lost the battery in the snow.

3. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

My girlfriend does the same shit. Gets so pissed off if I don't have the same category of food as her.

Um, why doesn't NYC have a car tax?????? :confused:

4. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

I saw a Mexi-Asian food truck this weekend and thought of you, Larry. I was quite disappointed when it was an eastern Euro immigrant running it and not a Flip!

5. MrG

MrG Senior member

I'm not an accountant, but the "numbers" I was referencing are dollars.

To be honest, I'm completely down with being as meticulous as possible, but it really sucked to feel like I'd done something wrong when it all boiled down to a change I had no way of knowing happened (nor have I been trained to look out for it).

The worst part is that I was completely on my heels when it came up. My boss asked me about why I'd used a different number, and I had no answer, mostly because, to my knowledge, I hadn't used a different number. He was showing me a bunch of numbers that all reconcile and going, "this is what's on the main document, but you have something different. Why?" I'm thinking, "I have no idea. Why on Earth would I have made a change and not documented it? And I don't even remember why I did it!" All I could do is go, "uh, I'll, uh, have to look into it and get back to you."

Either way, it's really not a huge deal. We're talking about literally a 0.016% difference that hadn't even gone far enough up the chain to require much "fixing," and my boss was completely nonchalant about it (partially because he's laid back, but I think also partially because I worked the "problem" out quickly on my own and he realizes there's not really anything I could have done about it). Still, annoying that it came up at all, since it could have been entirely avoided with a quick, "hey, I made a change. Make sure you capture it."

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  6. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

You sound ry defensive, you must be doing a shifty job.

7. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

This is a very broad generalization that shows that you are only pretending to know what you're talking about while not having the slightest fucking clue.

You would make a great consultant.

8. Transcendental

Transcendental Senior member

^ hehehe. Sounds about right.

9. MrG

MrG Senior member

Probably, but this not a manifestation of it. I'm more than capable of doing a poor job on my own; I don't need other people helping.

10. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Just got back from the grocery store, where I had an experience with the cashier that I want to report. When she scanned my items, she didn't place them into the cart, but rather she tossed them in there. It's not like my items were in danger of ruination or anything, but irregardless. I remember when I was getting my MBA I learned a basic principle maybe you've heard of it it was called "RDS" (respect dat shopper). Guess they've lost sight of that now-a-days.

4 people like this.
  11. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

Preach it, bussinesstalk

1 person likes this.
  12. Biscotti

Biscotti Senior member

Will it make me look like a complete idiot, serving red wine in white wine glasses?

13. MrGimpy

MrGimpy Senior member

What kind of red wine?

Who are you serving to?

Yes.

14. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

must be married to one

1 person likes this.
  15. ImTheGroom

ImTheGroom Senior member

Just how small are your white wine glasses?

16. patrickBOOTH

I had the same experience yesterday! Cashier threw my avocados into the empty bag and I heard them hitting the counter. I now have bruised avocados. :(

17. patrickBOOTH

Were you not here when I was bitching about bringing a nice wine to a party where there wouldn't be stemware?

1 person likes this.
  18. size 38R

size 38R Senior member

My wife.

2 people like this.
  19. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

I didn't want to say anything but she's been kind of pissing me off too. Solidarity!

3 people like this.
  20. size 38R

size 38R Senior member

oh, and listening to "Ancient Aliens" when sleeping gave me C R A Z Y dreams for a few weeks, and now i have insomnia. listening to lectures on "String theory" and "Time travel" laying awake and thinking, this is B.S, these "Theorectical physicists" have no idea what the fuck they are talking about. time itself does not exist, we merely create the idea of time for planning and record keeping. you can NOT reverse a sequence of events. like, if i made a cup of coffee, then went back in time before i made it, i wouldn't make a coffee, so then i wouldn't have one. WTF!!!!!!
    and repeating small time sequences (if possible) would mean that to those around you, you are ageing waaay too fast.

Time travel? - No.
    Faster than light propulsion?- possibly.

fucking theoretical physicists!!!!,learn a science. might as well have an arts degree in philosophy.[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013