• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That my feet are too wide to fit into most shoes. I'm basically stuck with Allen Edmonds as they make most things in double/triple wide. After that, my next step up is MTO or bespoke. There's basically nothing for me between AE and MTO at around $1k a pair.

:(

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
Spotify and their ****** ads always breaking up my classical music pieces. I don't recall Beethoven composing a Geiko commercial between the third and fourth movement of his string quartets.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Beethoven was ahead of his time. I think he did compose those commercials.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Speaking of timeless music, I was just at Subway and "Hey There Delilah" came on. Another guy tried to whistle the melody but he was badly off key. Also, "Hey There Delilah" isn't really the kind of melody a normal person would think to whistle. I did not say anything, though.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a little snow and the roads are almost un-drive-able. this city is pathetic, i have no idea where all the money from our ridiculously high property taxes go, but not to public works that is for sure.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
No, no, really, "we're open until 9," said at 8:58 is absolutely an invitation to sit down and have a four course meal. :fu:

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tomorrows the Super Bowl... and there's going to be a lot of this:

:fu:

On a serious note last year I lost a ton of money on my bets and started wallowing in gambling loss self pity... but an hour after the game an earthquake hit the motherland and it was reported that "only 30+" died. I figured it wasn't that big of a deal.

I remember posting about being bummed about the pats losing online and then reading texts/facebook/twitter updates about that earthquake... my good friend former housemate's mother was one of the 30 casualties of the earthquake. So tragic and sad she died - it really brought perspective to a stupid football game.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^ that is sad, doc. :( lets hope for no disasters this year. ^^

No, no, really, "we're open until 9," said at 8:58 is absolutely an invitation to sit down and have a four course meal. :fu:

poop in food.

Last edited:

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm pissed off that I bought something from a bogus seller on eBay. Its been a month and now I have to go through all the PayPal/eBay "file a claim" proceeders. It's going to take more than a month to get my money back... if I get it back at all.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm pissed off that I bought something from a bogus seller on eBay. Its been a month and now I have to go through all the PayPal/eBay "file a claim" proceeders. It's going to take more than a month to get my money back... if I get it back at all.

ugh. if i may ask, what was it, and bogus like you did not get the item, or it was a fake of something?

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

That my feet are too wide to fit into most shoes. I'm basically stuck with Allen Edmonds as they make most things in double/triple wide. After that, my next step up is MTO or bespoke. There's basically nothing for me between AE and MTO at around $1k a pair.

:(

i feel you brother. solidarity.

sneakers are the worst because they're generally made for normal width shoes which means i have size up and generally it ends up being too long. :fu: :foo:

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ugh. if i may ask, what was it, and bogus like you did not get the item, or it was a fake of something?

well it was a set of medical texts that cost $700. the seller said he was delivering from Toronto so I figured it would take a week tops to get to Brooklyn. But two weeks past and the seller said that he was actually delivering them somewhere in the Middle East using DHL. I then assumed that it would be fine because it wasn't anything I was in a hurry to get. But the guy never gave me a tracking number and the multiple times I asked for it he wouldn't give it to me. Now its been a month so I have to assume its bogus. Total hassle all around.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you should get your money back. ebay mostly sides with the buyer these days. i hope you do, that is.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I spent all day at the office today. One of the things I had to do was write evaluation letters for some people below me in the hierarchy. Some of those letters were strongly negative. I don't take any joy in doing that at all, but I have to.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics