1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Skewered eyeball, I heard that's a delicacy in some Asian countries

2. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

Yes, the designers of manual typewriters did not draw on the 500 years of typography involving the Roman alphabet. In the century that typewriters were a dominant technology they also failed to further develop typefaces, point size, line length, leading, tracking or kerning. Lazy cunts.

3. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

Go ahead and lulz at me, but JC Penney's store brand merino v-necks are quite nice. Slim cut, cheap, durable thus far. I've only had a couple for a few months though.

Moth holes are fucking awful.

4. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

You fucking bean counter! I might be getting too old to lay pipe (perform the sexual act) as often as I once did, and a younger pipe would certainly command a lower hourly rate, but I'll be damned if I lay off my pipe, he still performs many valuable functions.

1 person likes this.
  5. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Bean counter = dog whistle

1 person likes this.
  6. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

Ugh, Bell Gardens sort facility of USPS has had a package of mine for almost a month. WTF.

1 person likes this.
  7. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

I don't know what the idiom "dog whistle" means.

8. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

Good luck ever getting your hands on that.

9. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

Everybody hates Mondays.

See above.

10. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

It's actually something I learned on SF having never come across the term or concept. It's racist speech that is given in code.

11. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

Sounds like this place is a black hole. Super frustrating.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
  12. zarathustra

zarathustra Senior member

It is used used by those who refuse to acknowledge and renounce their white privilege (ie. Teabaggers and Rethuglicans) to denigrate minorities (and to a degree other downtrodden individuals) in a manner that is subtextually racist and/or inflammatory, but not superficially.

13. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

CE -------->

14. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

This is like verbal sudoku

15. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

So glad I took 4 days off for Thanksgiving because this is by far the shittiest week of work in my life. Shitty by schedule, though, not really shitty work. Add to that my greenfrogs grandfather passed away this morning and it's just.... Feck.

But I did get offered a promotion today!

2 people like this.
  16. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

I don't understand how I'm supposed to muster the motivation to work hard when Christmas (break) is right around the corner!

17. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

You don't. You think your superiors want to work hard this time of year too? If they want you to do something intense, explain to them all the help/guidance// buy-in you need from them and watch them drop it faster than one of your blind dates

18. zarathustra

zarathustra Senior member

what? I had you pegged for a company man. Looks like that promotion, bonus and raise need to be rethought.

I went to each of the associates who were short of their minimum billables for the year. I explained that there was more than enough work to meet their minimum billables. The fact that they haven't gives grave concerns about their commitment. I also noted that bonuses and raises were not automatic and all compensation would be adjusted accordingly.

I am putting in my 200 plus hours billable, plus social commitments to our clients and my administrative work. The least they can do I make themselves marginally worth the money I pay them.

19. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

wat. u mad that us millenials know your Protestant work ethic is bullshit and happiness is what matters?

Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
  20. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

This lady sitting next to me is so fat she is spilling over into my seat and I'm trapped in. She also just turned the light on in a dark bus when I want to sleep and she started knitting