Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Solidarity, brother. Solidarity.

2. Blackhood

Blackhood Senior member

Got drunk and burned numerous bridges last night. Not good, and probably not recoverable. Reminds me why I only drink that much once or twice per year.

3. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

^ sorry to hear

Super hungover here. Head pounding. Reeking of puke cause my buddy's friend vomited all over my pants :fu:

4. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Hate to say it but I started drinking at 3pm yesterday and carried on until late night. Laid plans for more drinking tonight.

Oh yeah, and the old boy rolled out of bed feeling just fine. I'm headed out on a seven mile hike in an hour or so :)

5. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

You're going to develop cirrhosis

6. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

That's not what my liver function panel says every six months. Everything well within reference range. :)

7. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

8. nootje

nootje Senior member

mofo politicians want to close the loophole that allowed smoking in small bars.

I guess this means that a friend will go through and install a beer tap in his house. Non smoking just won't do...

9. fwiffo

fwiffo Senior member

Had bad chicken last night. Vomitting and the other thing since about midnight.

10. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Just thought back on when one of my coworkers asked me out of the blue over text whether I was applying for other jobs and now it's really kind of pissing me off. The way she asked me without any context around WHY she was asking and how she won't answer my text where I explicitly asked her how that question came about is really irking me. Since we both have iPhones, I saw her typing a response to my text and then she stopped and erased everything and is just ignoring me.

WTF.

I'm pretty sure one of the VPs in my group is the one who told her that he thinks I'm lookin' because he's just a candid guy who talks about everyone and shares his thoughts and opinions on everyone, WITH everyone. It's frankly kind of weird how he's so open and vocal with us junior employees, but that's another topic. But anyway, if he is the one who started this 'rumor,' then, well, I'm kinda fucked in terms of promotion.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2013

11. Blackhood

Blackhood Senior member

Irrelevant to your problem but generally I don't take that little ellipsis too seriously. It's not like the old MSN/AOL where the connection was permanent, I think it just registers the last second or two of the delivery data packet.

On the "might be leaving" front, maybe you could front up to the guy? Reassure him that you're not leaving and in the process stop the rumours?

12. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

My regular grocery store has been out of Lactaid for a week now, so I can't eat any yogurt, which has quickly become a go-to source for low fat, high protein between-meal nutriment. I am going to go to another store today to buy some.

13. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Just saw this, but YES! The beer selection is pretty darn good. I've found that the beer scene in Dallas is pretty weak (in terms of variety that liquor stores stock), especially compared to Boston's, but they carry some beers from my favorite brewery in the world: Weihenstephaner (hope I spelled that right -- I mean, I should since it's my fave but whatevs; too lazy to double check).

Not sure what John Kelly chocolate is but I'm going to pick some up just cause you mentioned it :devil:

Bangkok City is pretty great. Definitely make a trip there. Also check out Vietnam Restaurant right across from them and let me know what you think of the pho -- it's pretty darn good and cheap as hell. Their bahn mi is mediocre, though.

I'm pretttyy sure the ellipses indicate that the person is typing.

Anyway, coworker just texted me back and said that one of my past project managers told her that he thinks I'm looking. I'm pretty close with him and I'm actually really disappointed that he would share such things, even if it's just a belief in his mind. Gonna have to talk to him about it. Knowing him, he probably only told that one coworker, but we'll see. On the bright side, I'm kind of glad it came from him.. if that makes sense? Better him than someone more senior.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2013

14. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Senior member

LOL that comment just made my day.

15. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

cold cuts, jerkey, chicken/steak strips, and other assorted protein nutriments are all available for your perusal.