1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

Its not toothpaste!

1 person likes this.
  2. Mr Martini

Mr Martini Senior member

and that is why i love this site.

3. taxgenius

taxgenius Senior member

Thanks for reminding me about the Knicks.

4. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Recently I have sent some people gifts for no special reason, just because I thought I'd do something nice. In some cases, I spent a fair bit of money. But in almost all of those cases, I don't think the gifts were really appreciated. The attitude of the recipients was sort of like "whatevs." That was a little disappointing to be honest.

5. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

who the hell wears pants while brushing their teeth?

6. StephenHero

StephenHero Senior member

I've been brushing my teeth after each meal so that I lose the taste of the food I was eating. It's a little trick I've tried to use to prevent overeating, which makes me lethargic. Little victories.

1 person likes this.
  7. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

whatever works for you. i only brush in the morning. mouthwash at night. and my only meal of the day is dinner. thats how i try and prevent overeating.

8. otc

otc Senior member

I told a friend I would speak to someone she knows about my job/company.

I said I could do it after thanksgiving (since I am leaving tuesday and probably busy until then).

I get an email from him tonight at 11, asking if I can meet for coffee monday or wednesday (after thanksgiving) afternoon. I know he is in law school, but doesn't this kid realize that I have a job? That's when I work...I'm not going to be able to spend any length of time answering his questions in those precious hours between lunch and the end of the day.

9. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

well played :lol:

well, once you go...

dude stop teaching the new guy falsehoods. we all know that everyone's out to persecute him. come on, don't give him high hopes!

1 person likes this.
  10. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Well he did suggest coffee not lunch. You're so special you cant give him 20 minutes? Anyway, nothing wrong with saying "sorry will be swamped. How about x day and x time when things clear up?" You sound like a bitch venting about a proactive student when you could just be honest and tell him when you have time to spare.

1 person likes this.
  11. otc

otc Senior member

Well, better I vent in the pissing you off thread than at him! That's pretty much what I will tell him.

Its not the first time I've done something like this, and every other time, they have suggested lunch or something outside of normal working hours. But I suppose they were all either people with real work experience or people from business programs (where they have been coached through every interaction) and understand that I can't really step away again after lunch (more like because I'm not special and thus I'm free to run off in the afternoon).

12. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Senior member

Some nut with a gun FUBAR

1 person likes this.
  13. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

I appreciate all the little gifts you send me. Totes.

You'll have to be more specific.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  14. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Senior member

22/11 50 years later some nut with a gun FUBAR still

1 person likes this.
  15. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

I'm sure you thought this would clear things up, but it didn't. I know what FUBAR means because I've seen Tango & Cash but I have no idea what the rest your post means.

16. MrG

MrG Senior member

For what it's worth, he's probably thinking that it's better to ask you to meet during business hours, since you're meeting to talk about your business.

WRT stepping away during the afternoon, my employers were always really understanding about stuff like that when it was work-related. It hasn't happened yet in my new job, but, in my old job, there were a few times where I'd be asked to talk about my work during business hours, and my bosses always encouraged it. These were generally speaking opportunities, but I'd imagine they would have been equally as receptive to it if I'd said, "hey, there's a kid at the local university who is asking me to be sort of a mentor, and he wants to meet for a couple hours Wednesday afternoon to talk about what we do. I'd like to go. Is that okay?"

17. jgold47

jgold47 Senior member

Well - IT is finally taking away my beloved blackberry, and replacing it with a iPhone. While I have had an iPhone personally for the last two years, in my mind the blackberry is and will always be the superlative business class device. For 8 years I've relied on its execptional battery life, durability, functionality, reliability, etc... I had a heated conversation with our CIO 2 years ago related to our impending switch and we joked that I would be the last one in the compnay out and would I please turn of the BES on my way out.

from this:
    [​IMG]

To this:

[​IMG]

and this, this this and this

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

To finally this!

[​IMG]

Bon Chance!

18. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

Now I get up around eleven. Used to get up on time. But that old man, he's a real motherfucker. Gonna kick him on down the line.

True story.

2 people like this.
  19. MrG

MrG Senior member

FINALLY!

THANK YOU!

:slayer:

3 people like this.
  20. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

:lol:

Well played, sir.