• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

So there's really no reason to go for separate visits right?

This should be a single visit thing--check out *******, check out the rest of my body, and oh yeah, this thing that I hoped would go away is still here, lets talk about that.

I don't even see how it would save you money. You'd still have to copay for the second visit, right? What's the point?

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some general things:

1. Why care about people you don't know so much that you feel it necessary to defend them over the Internet? It's equally stupid and pointless.
2. This forum is a place to post thoughts and ideas. You might not like some. Oh well. Feel free to disagree. In some cases there isn't much opportunity for discussion.
3. Being kind doesn't preclude someone from also being creepy. Some of the biggest creeps are kind.

Last edited:

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's fun to shoot the **** with people that I share a "hobby" with. I think youre taking this too seriously

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The fact that there's a guy and his wife on this forum that both actively post details about their personal lives is creepy. I'm imagining:

- At least one of them was divorced at some point
- They met online or at some singles meetup or something
- They go on WOW adventures with Piobaire

I get creeped out every time one of them mentions the other. It's like they're both sitting in a room a few feet from each other posting on the Internet instead of talking.

This has always been strange to me but I figured I'd bring it up since I think ignoring old friends and calling their lives 'sad' on the Internet is the biggest shithead move possible. My longtime friends will always be my friends no matter what happens even if we do different things. I have too many good memories to just ignore them.

If you don't like the above then just put me on ignore -- it saves time because there's little to discuss or gain.

Edit: The creepiness was also a large factor in why I posted this.

I'll just clear up a few things.

Assumption one is correct though we dated in high school and have known each other for nearly 20 years, neither of us are pleased that we wasted a fair amount of time apart. The other two are far from correct.

I find it odd that you are creeped out but feel it's ok to post nearly 9K random things on the internet about your thoughts and lifestyle but each to thier own I guess.

What I do with or without my old friends is up to me but I'll fill you in a little though since you seem to care so much for me and my well being. I left the parental home at the ripe age of 16 and joined what was effectively a gaggle of young men roaming the streets without supervision we might say, call that group what you will but it was far from a great time. I did all the stuff that most people would rather read about but through my own hard work and effort I have managed to provide for myself, my wife and our children a comfortable life style and I am proud of it. My friends in the real word are real drug dealers, former strippers and otherwise less than perfect members of society and I'm tired of it. I don't want to listen to thier stories of a hard life and the man is keeping me down, it's old and full of bullshit

I don't know what your friends are like but I suspect they are amazing, +1 for you.

I joined this site because I wear a suit for work and wanted to do it better, my wife joined because she liked to read some of the stuff in the DT area.

I'm not going to bother to put you on ignore, I'd rather read your **** and debate if your are a fucktard or not but I'm rather sure I know the answer. Sorry to be the brunt your little sand in the vag episode but go cry about something that actually matters.

Last thought. I don't think either of us post after working hours when we are home so I'm not sure why you think that we are sitting arm in arm wondering what next wonderful thing we are going to share on SF. SF is just something to do, a place to share ideas and thoughts, read silly things that people post(see quoted effort) and generally waste time but never is it a place I would consider slagging a person. Why, I think you need to buck up kiddo.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Some general things:

1. Why care about people you don't know so much that you feel it necessary to defend them over the Internet? It's equally stupid and pointless.
2. This forum is a place to post thoughts and ideas. You might not like some. Oh well. Feel free to disagree. In some cases there isn't much opportunity for discussion.
3. Being kind doesn't preclude someone from also being creepy. Some of the biggest creeps are kind.

1. wrong. when someone acts like an asshole and decides to make significantly insulting remarks about another person, particularly unwarranted and unnecessary ones, it is not only not stupid and pointless to defend them, it is the polite and right thing to do.

i have no intention of changing your mind, that is not the point. the post itself is the point. in this great big world, whether it is in person, on the phone, internet or any other forum, if someone decides to be a jerk, the right thing to do, is say, hey, you are being a jerk, especially when being a jerk in a way that is hurtful to others. and provide some defense to the person who was insulted for no good reason.

if someone here came along and dropped a huge **** on you, would you not enjoy someone coming to your side. if you not, you are either lying to yourself, or a very unique individual.

2. this is indeed a place to post all kinds of ideas. but again, just because we have free speech, does not give us the opportunity to act like a dick, with impunity. i was not implying that there is room for discussion (though clearly there is). i was saying that just because you said, hey i know i just make a ****-head post, please dont comment or defend the people i just shat on, does not mean that people have to abide by that. just as you had a right to post your idea, whether or not people agree, i had a right to reply to it, whether or not you agree.

3. that is true. i was saying that i do not think they are creepy, and on top of that, they are kind, and thus further undeserving of being disparaged as such.

bt dubs, calling them out not by name was a HUGE ass of a move. as if people would not know who you meant and you were sparing them some pain and or humiliation.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The proper response was to take my suggestion of ignoring me. Instead you're arguing with an Internet personality by divulging yet more details of your personal lives despite the fact that that's precisely what prompted all of this and -- in this case -- precisely the wrong thing to do for your own sake.

I hope you and other readers find this helpful and/or entertaining.

Last edited:

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The proper response to take my suggestion of ignoring me. Instead you're arguing with an Internet personality by divulging yet more details of your personal lives despite the fact that that's precisely what prompted all of this and -- in this case -- precisely the wrong thing to do for your own sake.

I hope you and other readers find this helpful and/or entertaining.

(See what I did there?)

:puzzled:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Dear Canukers:

I hope the recent posts here in no way prevents you from continuing to raid with me and observe what a great ZOMG end game raid tank I am against the various foes in Azeroth.

Signed,

Your Meat Shield (no Ed).

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have my level 70 panda at your call, LC is scared though.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
:laugh:

I quit for the third time around this time last year. My trips through WoW are getting shorter. I tend to start up when an expansion comes out. I went back for WotLK, lvl'ed up a DK fast, tanked through having Nax and Ony on farm status, quit. When back for Cata, started a paly, tanked all the way through to the farming Raggy and DW and quit...

Not going back to make a panda even though I think this might be the last expansion for WoW.

Raggy was a great encounter this time. I greatly enjoyed the tank swapping needed in many of the instances and encounters.

Last edited:

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yikes, I don't have a panda and have only seen the adds on the TV. Although I play a different game here and there I've never touched WoW, sorry.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Shhh. This is the part where you convince why that you guys are in my guild's raid group.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i am sorry, but this might be the biggest asshole of a post i have ever seen here. i can only assume you refer to the canuker family. who are both very kind posters and all around nice people as far as anyone can tell. and for you to go and make assumptions about their relationship is downright disgusting. who the **** are you to judge their marriage or anything about them. maybe they are not near each other when they post, and maybe they are and its an activity they enjoy together, no different than many other things couples may do together and enjoy.

and on top of that to go ahead and point out your suppositions here publicly, as if you have some need to call out a couple and disparage them, is as well, disgusting. what is your problem.

and no, you can not just go ahead and make a ****-head comment and say if you dont like this dont respond. it doesnt work like that. when you act like an ass, people get to call you out.

Why is a total cock and has been from the first time I noticed him on this board. I'm surprised he doesn't get called out more.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Why is a total cock and has been from the first time I noticed him on this board. I'm surprised he doesn't get called out more.

I love A Canucker and his wife...

They bring something homely ,different from the usual banter of SF...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads