• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Just throw away the microwave.
It is pretty rare that I actually want to use a microwave and I much prefer the extra space that not having one has left me with. It takes a little longer to reheat stuff, but the results are better...

Only really a problem if you love popcorn.

My microwave died recently and I have no desire to fix it. Alliever did was heat water in it. I'm on the search for a tea kettle.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is pretty rare that I actually want to use a microwave and I much prefer the extra space that not having one has left me with. It takes a little longer to reheat stuff, but the results are better...

My microwave died recently and I have no desire to fix it. Alliever did was heat water in it. I'm on the search for a tea kettle.

Let me know what you find. I also need a tea kettle, started drinking tea recently.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Funny, I went online and the part I need is easily available for $200, but I told the girlfriend she can buy it if she wants, but the only time I use the thing is to keep my steaks warm while I make a salad. It is an over the stove one, I am wondering what else I could put there that would be better than a microwave.

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Funny, I went online and the part I need is easily available for $200, but I told the girlfriend she can buy it if she wants, but the only time I use the thing is to keep my steaks warm while I make a salad. It is an over the stove one, I am wondering what else I could put there that would be better than a microwave.

A real hood.

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well, yeah, but there is nowhere for the exhaust to go except the hallway, stairwell, or into my neighbor's apartment.

Ah, didn't realize you were in an apartment, which I suppose I should have given you are in New York :D

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

you people are nuts. the microwave is a GODSEND.

meh

Ours broke when I was a kid and we never got a new one.
Had one belonging to my roommates in college and never bothered to get one when I moved out.
I use them all the time at work and such...so it is not like I am unfamiliar with them.

There are only a couple of things where I really would like one for...but when you look at it like you would evaluate any other kitchen gadget...the amount of storage space they take up is not worth it for the limited use.

I braised a big pork shoulder a couple weeks ago and the differance between reheating it in the oven (in a stoneware dish covered in foil) and at work in the microwave was insane. The microwave version got watery and sad...and the oven version was maybe better than the original!

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
My favorite thing about my microwave is that it can function as a small convection oven.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
I went to a little cafe for dinner and saw they had chili on their specials of the day board, so I ordered it. The girl goes "It's vegan. Is that okay?" and at that point, I couldn't just admit that I have a bias against ****** vegan chili, so I reluctantly accepted the bowl of chili that was every bit as ****** as you could expect vegan chili to be. It even had avocado slices on top. WTF?!

Last edited:

Bearin

Reaction score
Why would you go ahead with an order of ****** vegan chili? Man up next time

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
you're struggling with the food here lately, SH

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I make a good vegetarian chili, but I'm guessing the one you had was some awful fake meat thing.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
what the **** is vegetarian chili? just beans and spices?

hahahahaha

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads