Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

No, the weird thing is people using cheques any time after 1980.

2. A Canuker

A Canuker Senior member

I seem to use them all the time, more so than I have in the last 5 years it seems.

3. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

I used them quite a lot when I lived in Montreal but I barely use them anywhere else.

4. otc

otc Senior member

2 things
    first, what bank doesn't give you personalized checks for free when you open an account? I mean, they won't be fancy, but every checking account I have opened has come with a box of checks (of course I can't even use the first packet before I move 3 years later and the address is no longer current).

second, just have your bank cut a check...the only checks I can remember writing anytime recently were when I bought a sailboat from an acquaintance (who was thus ok with a regular check) and being ready to write a check for a deposit on an apartment if I had to. Everything else comes as a check that is written and mailed by my bank for free. Sometimes it is a little hidden (my current bank, you have to set up a one time bill-pay and then put in the recipient's name and the amount and the bank writes the check and mails it)

5. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

I just wanted to pay this off with my old account that I use for things like anniversary/B-day/secret gifts and very big purchases (like a car). That account was just a simple checking account that I never ended up getting extra checks for - and still have an almost full starter book full yet to be used.

the wife and I have regular personalized checks from our joint accounts. I just wanted to pay for the ticket myself using my legacy account since it was my mistake/traffic violation.

6. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

Many Clerks won't accept personal checks. Verify that the reason your check wasn't accepted is because it was a starter check and that you don't need to pay with a money order or cashier's check.

7. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

Yeah I was about to say: most of the courts around here won't take personal checks. They will take lawyer's trust account checks but other than that you usually need a cashier's check or a money order.

8. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

^thanks I got a letter specifically saying they don't accept starter/counter checks not pre-printed with name address. But on the back of the ticket it says personal checks are accepted.

fuck it. to avoid any problems I'm just going to go to the bank tomorrow and get a cashiers check... better safe than sorry.

9. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

you would think that Monroe County would have a workable system for billing out of towners for traffic violations. that's only what their entire fucking police force does all day

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  10. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

It's been -3c or lower with a windchill of at least -10 for the last month or so here and my dog loves it, he has a winter coat which he wears with pleasure, as he stays toasty for the whole 1-2 hours we are out every afternoon.

11. fwiffo

fwiffo Senior member

I'm on and off some bloody cold. I drink every night and then wake up after midnight to take meds until the next evening. I have benders to go on this weekend. Please alcohol make me healthy.

12. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

Re: cheques, move to a first world country, problem solved.

13. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Same here. It was 7 degrees here this morning with a windchill of -3. Too cold to walk the dog, so I opened the back door and let him out for him to do his business.

14. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

it was really cold here too: 71 degrees :happy:

15. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

the dog's got the puffy jacket over a sweater, or the wool filson dog jacket :foo: too. Its weird because its the kind of cold where I love to run in but hate to walk in. The dog actually milks his walking time and delays shitting until I get really mad and start semi-yelling stupid/emasculating things like "come on boy! go potty!"

:fu: I hate to say it... but I'm missing florida... :fu:

I love colder temps in the 30ºF range (where you can still be active and when you get a sweat going strip down to a single layer during exercise), but at 20F and below its cumbersome and becomes diminishing returns when it gets even below that.