1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

evite. What a sad, sorry piece of shit. A fantastic idea that should have been, could have been great, but is just so kloogey and dumb and doesn't work well that people have totally given up on it. And nothing has risen in its place that works even remotely well, either.

1 person likes this.
  2. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

thing is, I've done this to others (nothing as bad as calling a woman Danny Devito, but still I've done it), and so I'd be culprit #1.

3. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

kill someone. now.

anonymously hire someone else to do it. plausible deniability.

4. Bill Smith

Bill Smith Senior member

Suffering from what could be the beginnings of the second cold this year.

5. otc

otc Senior member

I've found it to work ok. It is able to function without people having to create an account (it sends them a custom email, so if they use the link, you know who is RSVPing) and it works in a nice one-off manner.

As to things replacing it...I have lots of people who use facebook events. Start an event, invite people, they can respond (although I don't think it has an option for listing number of guests)...and then other guests can see all of the yes/no/maybe responses. Only problem is that there is no capacity for guests that aren't on facebook or you aren't friends with.

For a little more open ended things, Doodle is pretty cool:
    http://doodle.com/ghyyhncwc4f9ff84
    you can set up a couple dates/times, get your people to fill it out, and then pick the time that works for the most people (you can also play with the options to add things like a "yes/no/maybe" option).
    Like evite, you can send this to anyone you have an email for (or you can distribute the link)

Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
  6. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

^its true. Even fast food places like KFC can be really nice in asia. A lot of FOB asians end up getting disappointed when they try KFC here in the US. :laugh: the thought of FOB asians reminiscing of their superior asian KFC.

I remember in Thailand/Manila/Singapore KFC doesn't have extra crispy, but they have "spicy extra crispy" which was so hot (i think they injected a cayenne pepper infusion into the meat) that I would often just give up on the 2nd piece.

i remember watching Demolition man in the US then seeing it again later in the year in Singapore and freaking out (i was like 13y/o and stupid) that they changed Taco Bell to Pizza Hut and how nobody believed me that they changed it.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

7. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Taco Bell is the worst. All this talk of fast food is making me hungry for some Popeyes though. Brb

8. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

So you only let English people make your food.

9. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

There's this protocol called Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP). You should try it. I've also heard that the kids these days are using something called MyFace or FaceTube or sumsuch.

10. ImTheGroom

ImTheGroom Senior member

punchbowl.com is pretty good; so is paperless post, but it isn't free.

11. js4design

js4design Senior member

Trip to NYC in early December is off. My wife added a day to her request that was put in months ago, at which time her boss told her that he was already going to be out that weekend so it was a no go. Why she wasn't told as soon as he knew he was taking the weekend, I don't know. Luckily everything we've booked is refundable, but this is the third year this trip hasn't happened (she changed jobs so it is not the same boss).

1 person likes this.
  12. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

I have been ill as of late, but on Monday I started feeling better. This made me believe that the worst was behind me. But today I feel as if my lungs are becoming dislodged from my thorax (coughing).

13. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

sorry, man. that sucks. :(

14. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Why bother going to sleep?

15. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

This made me laugh. When I lived in Stuttgart, all the "Italian" pizza places were run by Turks. I just figured 'fuck it...it's something different.'

16. fredrikkm

fredrikkm Senior member

I ate at smagsløget (next to Nørreport) this weekend. The no 10 was great, you should try it if you are ever in the vicinity!

17. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Close Italians and danish women.

The owner of one of the places once asked me where I came from in Italy, that was an awkward conversation, having to tell him none, I'm not Italian.

Just googled them looks good The Cofoco at Torvehallerne, the two italians in Ndr. Frihavnsgade and Karin Falcks køkken on Jagtvej are all worth multiple visits.

Damn now I want a sandwich.

18. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

i had a weird grandfathered in apple ID that was only a word with no email attached like @gmail.com/@yahoo.com but it was the same apple ID that would update my iphone/ipad/iTunes/AppStore up until about a month ago.

Now it won't work and I've wasted an hour with support with them trying to find it. The support people don't believe that my old apple ID, thats just a word and not and email, would work until now and I've showed them multiple email receipts from purchases that I've made this year alone.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to start over with a new apple ID, but might lose all the information in my apps (like my medical information apps) and purchases. Its really frustrating.

19. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

My work drama has recently been dialed up to 11.

Background: Was to be staffed on a cool project, turned out to be a very shitty project. The partner with whom I normally work wanted me on a better project more in line with my background anyways, and went to bat to get me off of said shitty project.

Well, the whole thing seems to have touched a nerve between these two pretty senior partners with both of them fighting about the whole thing. It has now gotten to the point where the whole thing is going to the guy that runs the whole practice area to arbitrate and decide.

I guess it's good that they both want me enough to go to the mat over it, but I'm worried that if I end up on the shitty project somehow, that well will have been poisoned by the whole thing and I'm going to be setup for failure.

Everyone that I am most closely aligned with is aware of what's going on and is on my side, so I'm not fearing any sort of direct hit from all this, but I am definitely worried about it biting me in the ass in some other way further down the road.

2 people like this.
  20. otc

otc Senior member

I don't know where in my office to store my yoga ball when not in use.

It is too tall to fit underneath the unused desk space, but when placed on top of the desk, it is not very visually pleasing.