1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. otc

otc Senior member

This person hasn't learned to travel with earplugs.

2. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Yet ANOTHER lie from a person who makes horchata the wrong way (with sugar and not condensed milk).

3. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Would you really prefer the double fatty treatment to sitting close to a crying baby? Because I think I would rather sit in the lavatory than sit between two people who spill over into my seat

Plus, it's very rare that the baby cries the whole time anyway

1 person likes this.
  4. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Yup. I have a slender build, so I haven't really suffered during the occasional flight sitting next to a fatty. Leg room is more often an issue for me.

Plus, fat peoples' shoulders make good head rests for when I sleep.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  5. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

You say that now, let's see how you like it when they accidentally eat you

2 people like this.
  6. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

This. Music or action movie on headphones = crying baby problem solved.

7. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Even worse use you as a pillow.

Crying baby any day of the week and twice Sunday, I can't stand sitting next to wide people on planes.

The only thing worse is fat people with add, who can't sit still or people who recline their seat the whole flight, sit your ass up its not night time and I can't see the picture on my screen when you recline your seat.

8. Liam O

Liam O Senior member

I don't really care that they were talking shit about me in a language that they don't understand, but it does annoy me that the Chinese who run my local sushi place called me waiguoren when I ordered in Danish and they speak less Danish than I do, so are obviously FOB.

Also, when you're 500m from a university with a huge Asian Studies department, maybe not the best idea to talk shit about customers in one of the more popular languages of study.

1 person likes this.
  9. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

I seriously laughed out loud at the visuals here.

10. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Wow. Had no idea Liam was racist.

1 person likes this.
  11. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

please to have a desk or door plaque with the name danny devito installed while she is away. post results upon her return.

legit lol'ed

---

best part about traveling with my kids is that i am guaranteed to have slender seat mates in my row. winrar!

12. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Okay, there are many things that got me to PO'd today, but I'll only mention a couple:

1. If you are making a right turn, you do not have to veer left first. If you do, you will come into my lane and hit me unless I take evasive action. Stupid bittay crossed a good foot into my lane in order to make a right turn.

2. I'm sorry but I just do not want to hear you crying out "hoo hoo I am so behind on my work can't finish a task that other people's work depends on just so overwhelmed." Maybe I am just being a Calvinist asshole here, but how about you betake your lazy ass into the office during non-scheduled working hours and finish your damn task. ("Hoo hoo can't exert on the weekend or after 4:30 I am but mortal.")

2 people like this.
  13. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

Calvin was my favorite chipmunk. (Calvin, Simon, Theodore Roosevelt.)

1 person likes this.
  14. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

Your kids however don't have that same luxury.

1 person likes this.
  15. in stitches

16. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

People who do unpaid overtime piss me off, they fuck it up for everyone else. If a task requires X number of hours to complete then X number of hours should be paid for, but no, the man can always rely on ass lickers to work for free.

17. in stitches

At times (wage employees and similar) I agree. Its employer abuse to do that. But for other jobs, that is the job. When the job is not hours per task, but rather the task is the job.

18. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

We are not paid by the hour. Moreover, if a person doesn't have her work finished, she should not express exasperation with me when I press her to get it finished. Because when that happens I'm going to "turn the tables" and express exasperation at her lazy ass for not getting her work finished.

EDIT: I see that the bit about "non-scheduled" in my original post would naturally have given the impression that I was talking about hourly work. I just meant the hours the person is normally in the office.

19. Liam O

Liam O Senior member

Not racist (well, probably not enough to be worthy of note). I just resent being called a nasty term for foreigner by someone who has had more time to integrate but hasn't even tried, in a country neither of us is from. I mean shit buddy, I speak their language, the local language, and an international language, and they're making fun of me?

20. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

dude waiguoren literally just means foreigner (foreign country person). now if they called you baigui then i would probably understand