1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Alter

Alter Senior member

Glad you are all safe there, Bro. But, yes, it was similar during the tsunami situation here in Japan. The enormous loss of life, in an instant really, is shocking and just very, very sad.

2. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

yeah, first thing that crossed my mind after seeing the first reports was the tsunami there. truly tragic- one moment you could be 'safe' at home with your family then next moment everything and everyone just gone.

3. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

So you forgive the girls, and fuck the guys?

4. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

God bless their souls..

5. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

God bless their souls..

6. Biscotti

Biscotti Senior member

FML...left me wallet at home, so now ain't got no badge and have to double back. Fuck...

7. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Almost got run over today, as some fuck wit didn't stop at a crosswalk, which required by law.

8. ImTheGroom

ImTheGroom Senior member

My shirt sleeves are too short, wrecking an otherwise awesome fit.

1 person likes this.
  9. ImTheGroom

ImTheGroom Senior member

Double post.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
  10. otc

otc Senior member

They have started putting up signs in Chicago reminding people that it is the law. They also started adding little signs that stick up in the middle of the road at crosswalks...they have a small stop sign logo at the top and then say something like "for pedestrians in crosswalk".

This does not appear to have made drivers in this city more likely to stop for pedestrians...instead it just leads to dumb drivers who think they have to stop at every one of these things (when there are no pedestrians). I also hate the people who have no spatial awareness of their cars...they freak out that there is a sign in the middle of the road and drive really slow and swerve really wide (often into the bike lane) to go around the sign even though the only way they could hit the sign would be if they were also in danger of hitting oncoming traffic.

11. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

12. bbaquiran

bbaquiran Senior member

Just received word that one of my martial arts instructors passed away in the typhoon. It was his birthday Nov 9 and I'd just greeted him a happy birthday...

:(

13. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

:( Sad news. Sorry to hear.

14. js4design

js4design Senior member

Apparently Verizon now charges $30 for upgrading your phone. Just got hit with this 2 months after I upgraded. The agitation in my voice must have been obvious, because customer service quickly removed it. Annoying that they would add a charge without notice, when just a few years ago an upgrade used to come with a $100 discount.

15. js4design

js4design Senior member

That is awful. My condolences...

16. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

so sorry to hear that. :(

17. otc

otc Senior member

I found something on STP that I wanted to buy as a gift (actually wanted to buy two...one for me, one for a gift). It didn't say low stock so I figured I would wait for a better deal...maybe even a 40% instead of the frequent 35% since I have until christmas.

Nope. Sold out...went from not being low inventory to being totally gone :(

18. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

I just got the oil in my car changed, and so I was sitting in the waiting area performing the act of waiting. I was trying to read a novel (in French), but the TV was on at loud volume (in English, of course) and so I struggled of read. But that ain't even what I came here to post about. What I'm here to post about is that I was watching the Rachel Ray show (I think) and I was amazed at how low it was pitched. There was an older lady explaining dining etiquette. She said "Just remember BMW, and I'm not talking about the car!" (Audience laughs) "I mean bread, meal, water!" (Audience goes wild.)

I hardly ever watch TV, so I'm typically stunned when I do. (Don't even get me started about the commercials I've seen as of late "Mali-booya!" and "Yes Sir-racha!")

19. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

Ha! Good one, LD! brings back memories....

20. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

If any of you are wondering how to order the silverware at table, just remember FOrKS! :bounce2:

F is for Fork.
    O represents the plate, which is typically circular. (Don't interpret the O as a letter, or you'll go wrong. FOrKS is more like a rebus.)
    r means that the next letters represent what is to the right of the plate. (Yes, that is a stretch.)
    K is for knife.
    S is for space. (Some think it is for spoon, but civilized people do not use spoons they are too much like shovels, you should not shovel food into your gueule (snout).