1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

oh man. i can't contact my family in the philippines now. and there are tweeted pictures of a bus/ferry terminal that are just destroyed (which is less than half a mile away from my house (with my parents and sister in it).

jesus i'm really scared now, i didn't realize that it was going to be one of the strongest storms ever.

2. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

Dunno. It must have been that right turn at Pismo Beach.

Good training for when they reach middle age. :embar:

+++++

What a dick. I hope you wash your hands after touching him.

Hoping for the best, good luck.

1 person likes this.
  3. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

pm me their cell number I'll try to call them up from here. hope they're alright.

iirc the bugs bunny "wrong turn in albuquerque bit" was based on chuck jones' colleagues really getting lost in new mexico and ending up in the middle of nowhere so it became an inside joke.

+++++

yup he is. but we'll be alright. its a small (sf related) business and atm we're fine. :)

Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
    5 people like this.
  4. donjuan17

donjuan17 Senior member

I do the toilet paper to the tip thing. I get too much piss flying if i do a shake and if I don't I'll get piss in my undies.

5. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

were you toilet trained by yer mom? :embar:

1 person likes this.
  6. donjuan17

donjuan17 Senior member

I don't recall most of my childhood tbh. Real thing. I'm only in my twenties too

Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
  7. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

^thanks. we've got a Facebook call/text/skype brigade going with family and friends nearby (in cebu where there is still power/telephone/internet). but it looks like all of Leyte is out. its pretty much wait and see until things settle down. my wife's family is in a region thats historically protected from the major storms so they're all right and in contact.

8. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Hope everything is okay with the fam LMD.

1 person likes this.
  9. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

good.

fwiw, disaster management is maybe the ONLY thing that's well managed here. they brought in soldiers to the different islands in the area the past day or so (including leyte) to do a forced evacuation of areas that are deemed at risk. I believe more than a million total were evacuated and sent to different shelters and stadiums and safer areas. from what I see in pics it really is an end of the world type of storm, and the damage it will leave tomorrow will be very huge.

10. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

As previously mentioned (me thinks), I'm starting a new business, which means I have to deal with investors, their managers and hedge funds, at this point I want to smash my face in.

I don't get how these people ever made any money, being so conservative, one investment fund manager told me yesterday "I've spend 3 weeks getting multiple investors on board, as I REALLY want this to happen, but they don't want to be trendsetters." WTF!!!! :brick:

I knew there was I reason why, I've avoided investors with a passion in the past. :brick:

11. Biscotti

Biscotti Senior member

12. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

What a fucking dick head.

That is terrifying. Hope they are ok, doc.

13. Rudals

Rudals Senior member

Why?! Every morning I get on a train to go to work and theres that Vietnamese guy who is always on the phone with who knows who and he is just talking away while the whole car is silent. I hate him. I forgot my earphones today and it is very annoying.

1 person likes this.
  14. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

Arrived for haircut and the old bag ahead of me wont stop talking to the guy and now im waiting waiting waiting. EEEeeeffFFFffffuuUUuuu old chatty lady!!!!

1 person likes this.
  15. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

She's lonely and this is her only human contact for the week :(

16. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

It's the same thing at grocery stores, public transit and walking the dog.

Besides one who annoys the shit out of me, as she can only say negative things, I just smile and nod

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  17. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

It is fucking cold. Next week there is a CHANCE OF GODDMAN SNOW. At least I will be where it is warm then (elsewhere).

18. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

Keeping them in my thoughts Larry.

19. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Those guys are being hit by the most powerful storm in recorded history while they're still recovering from a 7.1 earthquake?

Really puts the bullshit we whine about here in perspective, doesn't it?

1 person likes this.
  20. Rudals

Rudals Senior member

Hope they're all OK.