1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Careful on that one! As The Man if you decide someone is looking you either tell them to GTFO or give them the talk about sticking with the company. If they're not giving you the "grow with us" talk they might be looking for your replacement.

Aren't you thinking of looking in NYC though?

2. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Stylish Dinosaur

Yeah, I'm definitely looking to move to NYC this summer. The colleague who texted me is another analyst who joined this past summer; I've been helping her a lot with tips and best practices for the job so we've gotten pretty close, which is why she asked me such a personal question. We were actually chatting on the company chat program at the time but she was discreet enough to text me the question instead.

Of course, I told her I was not looking to switch jobs because you can't trust no one!

Besides, I've been at the company for 1.5 years now (holy shit, time flies!) and people typically expect you to go to B school or to a different job at the 2 year mark.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2013

3. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Sounds like you're playing it smart.

4. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Stylish Dinosaur

We need a Texas Steel Cage Match to determine who is the best drinker. It's like Thunderdome. Two men enter. One man leaves. Because he's a wimp who can't handle his liquor.

5. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Stylish Dinosaur

I swear to the Lord Almighty, I am going to unfriend my Facebook friends who can't go two days in a row without a goddamned post about bacon. Why does any human being need to go onto the Internet ten times a week to say how much she likes bacon?

I'm not saying my Facebook posts are especially compelling--they are usually about fragrances or things Genevieve said--but Jiminy Crickets, at least they're not monomaniacally focused on a common breakfast food.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2013

6. HRoi

HRoi Stylish Dinosaur

mmm....bacon

7. acidboy

acidboy Stylish Dinosaur

speaking of which... wife and I were working the kitchen and she needed to cook some bacon... told her I'd do it but she just heated up the pan and dumped a whole load of it making everything burnt and soggy and tangled all at the same time. I cried inside seeing all those wasted pig fat....

8. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

tomorrow will be a tired day, and im totally to blame for not goin to bed. feel asleep in the car on the way back from the wedding and now im wide awake.

9. lasbar

lasbar Stylish Dinosaur

I could never be a Muslim ..

Bacon....:slayer:

10. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Distinguished Member

I'm sad the football season is going to end soon. But this bud light commercial elicits anger and confuses me to no end.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

I'm actually totally ignorant and thought that that is some random dude who does the "i will rhythmically point my finger or palm in the air and pretend its a dance!" - move, but my latino friends then informed me that its a "rapper" named PitBull.

I've been going to new friend's house on the weekends to watch football this year. Its been fun and a blast, and weirdly awesome when you make random friends as adult, but when they heard I didn''t know who Pitbull was... they started to play his music loudly during halftime of games and its a mostly latino group, they end up singing along and dancing and loving his music. I pretended to like his music and its become a viscous cycle during half-time of games.

there are reasons to endure the ear raping by Pittbull though:

- the Ecuadorian/Columbian/Mexcian food spread they have laid out during games :drool:. - fuck now I'm hungry
    - higher income demographic latina women really pretty themselves up even for weekend football game house get togethers. there's a ton of eye candy
    - i'm superstitious and the Patriots haven't lost in the playoffs since this new weekend thing of hanging with my new friends - i don't want to change that.

11. MrG

MrG Stylish Dinosaur

Stitch, you've already been warned once about making sock accounts.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013

12. Harold falcon

Bud Light is terrible beer.

13. aravenel

aravenel Distinguished Member

And you're just now realizing this? :D

14. Douglas

Douglas Stupid ass member

OMG I also hate that commercial. My wife had the same reaction - "Really? That's somebody famous?"

That dance at the end with the big smile and the clenched fist makes me :fu:

15. Harold falcon

WTF people? Who goes to a consult with a lawyer then answers their cell phone and has a 5 minute conversation with the car rental place about how happy their are with the Chrysler 300 they rented? Get the fuck out of here.