Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. otc

otc Senior member

Interesting. I've got a bit of a break right now and I've got some perfectly good food already at home, but I certainly wouldn't feel bad about it. I've been working since a bit before 10 this morning and have a call at 9pm (and who knows if that will generate more work).
    In the but-for world, if this client didn't have an urgent crisis, I wouldn't have done any work, would have had steaks and sausage that my friend purchased for lunch, and probably either eaten dinner with those friends or with my girlfriend.

Since their urgent needs prevented all of that from occuring, it's not too much to ask them to pay for some food :) (especially since what's $20 on top of the thousands of dollars of labor they are already being billed for)

Last edited: Jan 13, 2013

2. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Yeah, I was just going to say that ethnic food is probably your best bet for cheap, good eats. Too bad some of your co-workers don't like ethnic food. Generalization here, but most people I've met who don't like ethnic food tend to be very uptight individuals.

I bet you haven't even told your employees that they have said benefit available :laugh:.

Sucks.

I still haven't started my slides.

Fuck.

:fu:

Last edited: Jan 13, 2013

3. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

acidwife complains and refuses to go with me to my folks' place for 10 minutes everytime the kids go there and visit sunday afternoons (they live a few minutes away from my place) AND YET sees absolutely nothing wrong with us all going with her sister to fetch her kid from an event. on a sunday. at 8pm. and she came out at 9.

4. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

Women. They all suck.

5. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Not enough in my case..

6. Cordwinder

Cordwinder Senior member

Dinner with clients and they ordered wine. Given the choice of Chardonnay and Chablis they went from the Chablis. Im not much of a wine drinker but it tasted more like sugar water than wine. Lucky me, my boss had his car and gave me a ride home instead of taking the train. He drank too but called for a substitute driver to drive his car back. Went straight to bed (big mistake) and woke up with a hangover.

Food was good though but the company sucked. It was meant to be a welcome dinner for me. I was going be working a lot with the client. Small division part of large company but they brought more people, even one who I nor my boss spoke to previously, so it felt more like we were the guests instead of the hosts. With more people they controlled the conversation and I kept trying to keep up with their innuendos.

Perils of working with a Japanese company.

7. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

You know that Chablis is made from Chardonnay, right? :D

I do hate when people order shitty wine though. I onetime had a client dinner at some really fancy Chinese place, and they wanted to order a big, overly-alcoholic California Cab with it. They kept asking me why I wasn't drinking much. Sigh.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2013

8. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Blatant Double standard...

Part of women charm..

9. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

A business associate I have dinner with about every two months insists on white Zin. Went to a dinner at his house about six weeks ago and they stashed the bottle I brought somewhere and served us white fucking Zin with dinner.

10. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

sucks. sorry, acid.

11. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

Cripes, that does suck. Half the point of bringing your own bottle is so you have something decent to drink. It's the worst when they stash it and hand out the shitty stuff.

12. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

got to work an hour and half before anyone else, getting stuff done, thought all was going swimmingly....

...2 cops knock on the door...

....i forgot a step to the opening procedure and had accidentally set off one of our silent alarms.

:censored:

:cloud:

13. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Usually I bring wine as a gift and do not expect it to be opened. The only time I expect it to be opened is when all you have in the house is white Zin...in the 2l bottle. :fu:

14. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

Maybe my friends have worse taste in wine than yours, cause I'm always bringing wine for me to drink :D Totally depends on the party though, most of the time I'm bringing it is to a party where there will be a fair amount of wine-drinking and I know it will be opened that night.

15. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Yikes, I just realized that I am guilty of that. One of my holiday party guests brought me a great French Bordeaux as a gift and encouraged me to open it. I never got around to doing it - now I'm wondering if I was just the dolt that can't take a hint. She was a perfect, gracious dinner companion so even if she was disappointed I would never have guessed

We served a California cab that I really like, but my guest is French and she may have preferred a French wine.