Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.
As I said.
Jesus fuck, was my joke that tough to spot?
"her type, from what I've gathered, are big, tall white dudes. And now I'm only tall and white."
Sure, you could take away that he's no longer big, or you could also take away that he's no longer a dude.
I need not reply as others have told you the error of your ways.
Or can it just be I am always so right and you only are able to discern this on rare occasions like this one?
Being old and drinking works too.
Sorry Harv I Edinphailed.
sent the check for my first traffic ticket ever in the mail today.
Spoiler: Warning: Spoiler!
- I was caught doing 45 on a 20mph school zone.
- The reason I was going 45mph? First, it was the speed limit of the highway until the school zone.
- also there was a large black pickup truck tail-gaiting me on US 1 (the one lane highway that goes through the florida keys), I tried to slow down and looked into my rear view and saw the driver wasn't paying attention and coming up scarily fast. So I sped back up just went on through.
- I was totally cordial and nice to the officer and when I noticed he was super irritated - I made no attempt to argue my case. he calmed down quickly - but I just played the odds to avoid any type of conflict with a police officer
- on the ticket it said to call for the price. I called 3 times a week for the last three weeks and officer still hadn't submitted his tickets (you have 30 days to pay the violation).
- finally today (going into the last week nearing 30days) I get the price.
- its for $456 (whatever it is what it is...)
- I get a thing in the mail from a Florida Keys Attorney who claims to be able to flight ticket for $149. I figure "what the hell" I call said attorney and proceed to almost use his services.
- I do a quick google search and its just a plethora of "AVOID THIS SCUMBAG AT ALL COSTS" reviews.
- I see you can pay the ticket online (but for a $12 fee) figure since its less than 7 days before the 30 days I'll pay it off and be done with it.
- The transaction doesn't seem to go through so I switch credit cards. The page keeps on saying: "TRANSACTION FAILED DUE TO CARD USER IDENTIFICATION AUTHORIZATION PROBLEMS"
- Keeps on not going through.
- I get a call from both credit card companies warning me that there are over $2000 pending transactions on each card.
- Finally give up and just write a check and will send it priority mail.
ah well... I guess it was stupid to think that I'd never get a moving violation in my lifetime. its not like I'm a saint and don't speed and what not, but still it would've been nice to get a ticket for driving a dodge viper 100mph on the brooklyn queens expressway and not some lame shit that I got pinched for last December.
Welcome to Florida
Shit man, I got my first ticket about a month after I started driving.
the unread posts button is not working.
Is this happening to anyone else?
well I've probably been spoiled about driving around NYC for the last year. there are pretty much no moving violations given out - its all about parking tickets. its amazing how blatantantly dangerous people drive in this city considering there are 6,000,000 walking around with a huge amount of them being tourists.
I'll be driving like 70mph on the FDR (the main highway on the East River of Manhattan which has a speed limit of "40mph") and I'm the guy going slow. I think the police have just given up about handing out moving violations and focused on parking tickets to make money.
But I was always paranoid and drove super safe when I lived in Boston/Rhode Island/San Francisco because well, Boston and SF have super shitty drivers and a lot of traffic cops making tons of money off of said super shitty drivers.
This Superior Spider-Man comics bullshit. Everyone involved with this should be taken out back and beaten with hammers.
My god. The name alone makes the Clone Saga and One More Day story arcs seem like masterpieces.
On the advice of my attorney I have been told not to comment about my, I mean,this case. However, when all the facts come to life I am confident I will be exonerated... Did I say to much?
FUCK i can't believe I missed that.
Don't worry, I couldn't hear you over the chewing sounds....
I injured my voice on my drive home because I was repeating in a Brian Regan-esque voice the stupid ass things I had to listen to my colleagues say today.
i wish i had that on tape
Separate names with a comma.