1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. A Canuker

A Canuker Distinguished Member

Great news!!!

A lot of guys put a massive amount of self worth into thier job. I have a client whom lost his job about 9 months back, I was speaking to his wife yesterday as they are seeking a different advisor who promises more growth in thier investments, which is something I am not able to do, and he has been talking about exiting stage left....yikes. I wished them the best but that's not something I'm wanting to get involved with. I really wish that people in my buisness didn't promise the moon, it just makes us all look bad for the sake of a couple dollars in commision as we all know it isn't going to happen. Oh to have such a great level of insight on the markets yet to be so altruistic as to share it with us bottom feeders, please.

2. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Stylish Dinosaur

That is interesting to know. But once again, which KISS song did you hear?

3. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

nope, sorry.

idk, cuz people are losers.

4. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Stylish Dinosaur Dubiously Honored

That is not the name of the song?

5. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Stylish Dinosaur

I was just giving you the berries a little bit by treating your words as a proposition and not as a song title. Also, it is "Rock and Roll all Nite."

6. munchausen

munchausen Distinguished Member

The sad thing is, up until that point I was a voracious consumer of new music. I think there's a correlation between being a music lover when you're young and being over it early. Some of my friends who were kind of passive about music back then are now nuts about a lot of new stuff. I, on the other hand, heard exactly one new album last year that I really loved, and maybe two or three others that I liked.

7. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Bis: very happy to hear you're back with your firm.

Lin: sorry to hear about your ex.

Frog: remember, you never stop paying dues completely. To wit, I'm still pissed I'm pulling 12 days straight coming back from vacation. I have a seminar on Saturday, then have to take people I would rather spend no time with out for dinner Saturday night (so my entire Saturday is shot until about 11pm), and then have a planning session from 9-5 Sunday.

:fu:

8. A Canuker

A Canuker Distinguished Member

Uh huh, but what have you done for me lately?

9. otc

otc Stylish Dinosaur

I think there is a strong survivorship bias in music. This shitty indie band that turns out to be alright and puts out a few solid albums will stick around...and then 15 years later people will be complaining about how there are 500 shitty post-indie bands and why can't they just work together and make a few entirely listenable albums like such and such band did 15 years ago.

I also find myself less and less tied to music...I have trouble finding stuff that I like now. Also with spotify, I think it is like 31-flavors...I have access to everything, so I am never entirely happy with what I choose. I'm thinking about ditching spotify at home and only using it at work. Home listening will be confined only to things that I liked enough to acquire.

Also, I think listening to Sound Opinions has made me jaded...they will poke holes in things I thought were alright. After I hear them explain why they think such and such a group's new album has fallen off the wagon, I can't help but notice the same problems (like when someone points out somebody's nervous tick and you can never stop noticing it).

10. Thomas

Thomas Stylish Dinosaur

Funny - this is how I felt a few years back, and then I jumped in with a few recs from some SF members and a whole new world opened up. Granted, some of it was hit-or-miss, some has fallen off over time, and others have kept up. Not all the music is new - as in released this year - but it's new to me and more recent than my usual mix.

11. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Distinguished Member

fucking metric. :fu:

after the debacle where my wife and I had a meltdown argument and we missed the Metric concert we finally started listening to them again during a recent road trip. at least we got to watch them in Montreal in 2010

for me its gotten to the point where I'm actively seeing out girl bands who have nice hooks in their music. so what if the yeah yeah yeahs are just a happy girl-led version of The Cure? at least the voices are different.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2013

12. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Stylish Dinosaur

You would enjoy The Like.

13. HRoi

HRoi Stylish Dinosaur

or the call me maybe girl

14. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Don't be shy...I'm that member. :nodding:

15. Bhowie

Bhowie Stylish Dinosaur

Watch your mouth in regard to the yeah yeah yeahs. I think they do many things better than the cure. However, the cure is really fantastic at what they do. I should be careful Kunk-20 years might come in and kick my ass.

BTW, metric sucks.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2013