Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. ama

ama Senior member

Employment law is sticky and differs greatly state by state. That said, at will employees are generally only protected for their lawful off - duty activities. Unlawful ones aren't protected anywhere to the best of my knowledge.

2. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

They will still probably have to pay out unemployment though. If you do not show extensive documentary evidence that progressive discipline was used, or that the offense was so egregious as to demonstrate probably immediate harm to self or others, the person is going to get his unemployment. Hell, based on personal experience, you can action plan, progressive discipline up the wazoo and still lose when some brain dead fucking "workers unite" flunky gets to rule on your case. Hell, I've lost cases where nurses have fallen asleep and caused negative impact on patients. Apparently, getting them to sign employee handbooks statements saying they have read and understand the rules (including no sleeping on the job!) is not good enough. That and the whole patient neglect implicit in it...still not good enough for some unemployment judges.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
  3. nootje

nootje Senior member

Sorry to hear that biscotti, but in the end things always work out. Take heart.

4. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

Good luck to you Bis.

5. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

Biscotti - i am real really sorry to hear that. thats sounds awful. i dont know you outside the forum, but you really do seem like a good guy, and you are clearly taking this seriously, as you well should.

id just echo what GT said. take some time to get your head straight. you need time to process, reflect, and recover. when you feel you are ready, take what you have learned from this, and be better for it. im sure you will find a way to land on your feet.

best of luck man, my heart goes out to you.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
  6. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

On a much less serious note, two suits I recently bought have jackets that fit like a glove but very full-cut trousers. Off to the tailor I go. :plain:

7. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

I've got a suit like that too! It's a really odd look.

8. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

@biscotti damn good luck.

It's 4:30 am and I haven't slept at all and the dog decided 30 minutes ago that moving his morning walk up 4 hours would a good idea.

9. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

thanks guys. I'm trying to cope, and hopefully get this out of my system... I find it hardest not to light a cig when I'm out drinking, or this one time last week I paid my respect to a friend whose dad just died and he quit smoking but he took me aside and asked me to go with him in the smoking area but other than that I think I'm good for now... hopefully I can kick the habit permanently.

fucking knew it- north korea's a better place!

whoa. we all make mistakes bro... though not everyone makes mistakes and ends up in the slammer. in any case, what matters is how you bounce back from it. be strong and be good.

+++++++

I wanted to punch my nuts yesterday. had a hard time starting my car since december and I kept putting off getting a new battery. saturday I was supposed to pass by the shop and get one but I felt lazy and put it off again. sunday morning, 6 am, and my bike and my gear's in the car, turned the engine and it wouldn't start anymore. and somehow the alarm set off while I was trying to turn it again and again and the remote wouldn't work and I practically woke the neighborhood up. fuck procrastination.

10. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

sooooooooo, the self nut punch did or did not happen?

11. Alter

Alter Senior member

Bet you really wanted a smoke after all that, eh? But really, good going on the quitting. It has been around 5 years for me since I quit a pack and a half a day. If you need some some moral support just hit me up, bro.

12. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Senior member

Christ on a bike, it is about a week into a heat wave across Australia, major bush fires in every direction temps on average 44C or 118F plus. Tuesday total fire ban in NSW and its going to be 43C where I am on the cost and there is the humidity to contend with as well.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  13. Blackhood

Blackhood Senior member

I bet you're jealous of the UK's 5c highs and 1c lows! Overcast FTW!

14. nootje

nootje Senior member

Its the same here, havent seen the sun in two weeks now. sucks monkey balls.

15. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Not to /Neo but UGH! First day at work since 12/20. How the fuck do I get 2k emails over Xmas and New Years?