Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

sounds like my grandmother. never hear the end of things and every piece of advice is repeated three times minimum

job hunt is pissing me off. i'll never get employed. im going to end up a bum. i dont understand how people with low GPAs can possibly get employed

Last edited: Jan 4, 2013

2. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

She is.

Thanks dudes. I legitimately believe that she is not that insidious but because she has no ability to read social cues or settings, I think she doesn't get why what she does is so hurtful. Like, there is probably some narcissism or whatever but I think the main thing is she has less than no grasp of what she does.

Yeah, I was talking to my mom about her last night because she's been pretty bent out of shape over my sister and the thing we both agreed on is that its a godsend my sister does not have kids.

But yeah, my mom is the only person I feel sorry for in this situation. She told me she feels like a failure when she sees how my sister has (not) progressed over the years, ruins all her relationships etc. She was pretty well shaken by it all and she really doesn't have anyone to talk to about it. I guess what really worries me is that she too honestly thinks the stress and worry of my sister will kill either my mom or my dad. My mom said now after my sister's blowups it takes her a week to lose the stress and physical tension it creates in her.

So I have to be pretty frugal with my money and on many, many things, WF is cheaper than Publix. For example, I buy tofu every week for breakfast and it is usually 70 cents cheaper to get it at WF than anywhere else. For the quantities I need, spices and seasonings are the same price at WF. Most produce is the same price. What is different is meat. However, considering I usually buy the same items every week, I know exactly what to get at WF and what to get elsewhere. My apples are the one exception. I usually pay about $2 or $3 extra for the variety of apples at WF (fuck Red Delicious). Basically, my point is that its a mixed bag, at least what I have to buy. If I go see a movie on sundays there is a Publix next to the theater and I just shop there so often the point is moot, anyway.

Why are you still "friends" to begin with?

I am aging really quickly looking at photos of me from this time last year. :(

3. Lady Canuker

Lady Canuker Senior member

The lack of evening gowns in this city

4. MrG

MrG Senior member

Keep your head up, and try not to get discouraged. The market is brutal. I have great experience and a professional degree from an excellent program, and, despite aggressively pursuing anything that looks good, I'm still not getting any solid bites. Very few people I know are changing/finding jobs right now. There just aren't many openings, and, when an opening does come up, it's inundated with applicants.

Employers are also trying to leverage the fact that so many people are searching by trying to get great talent at a discount. As an example, MrsG applied for a job in the fall. She's a state-licensed professional geologist with 10+ years of experience and fantastic references. Despite the fact that the prospective employer knew her current salary and was aware that she was just looking for something new, she got an offer that amounted to a 40%(!!!) pay cut. It was a complete waste of time and utterly :facepalm:.

So, all of that being said, good luck! You'll find something, but believe me when I say that I know the search it completely miserable. Just keep in mind that things are really rough out there right now, so having trouble finding something isn't necessarily a reflection on you.

5. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Lol. That's a blessing in disguise that this happened up front and have your wife realize that she would have been working for a bunch of idiots.

6. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

At least yours puts things in the dishwasher. I'm trying to get the wife to even use the damn sink.

Feel your pain, broheim.

Yep, this too.

7. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

The slovenly attire worn by our fellow humans. This morning I saw more than one person in awful jeans, baggy untucked shirt, and New Blanace sneakers and it made me :fu:

8. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

They live among us, but they are not one of us.

9. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

wife in bad mood

kid crying

barber late

towel for some reason left towel lint all over me

had to find tape stick roller to remove it

jeweler did not have shit ready

people driving on the highway were being retarded

late to work

too many people in the office

one of bosses being a dumbass

what a mess of a morning. ugh.

10. patrickBOOTH

Push through, pal. Weekend is here.

Reminds me there is this restaurant that gives you these terry cloth napkins and it gets lint all over my fucking pants. I never use them and ask for paper napkins. They are always confused.

11. eztantz

eztantz Senior member

Wife is having minor procedure in the city. Original appointment was for 7:30 and they called to confirm yesterday at noon. At about 6:00pm they called back and said they needed us to change our appointment to 8:30 wife said ok. Been here since 8:30 and all they have done is take her medical info and administered a urine test. WTF!

12. patrickBOOTH

Welcome to medical offices.

13. eztantz

eztantz Senior member

This one is particularly horrible. An hour I can understand - 2.5 hrs is beyond absurd. She just got called to have a anesthesia consultation to decide how she wants to undergo the procedure. What a croc of horseshit.

14. patrickBOOTH

15. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

thanks buddy, things have smoothed over on all fronts now. its all good. ::