Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Not really, it's usually dark when I run as well so it helps with keeping things out of my way: brush, trash piles, motorists, etc.

Holy Cow - good luck with the employee.

Ouch. When I got PF I'd go with the strasbourg sock and ibuprofen and it would clear up pretty nicely.

That's not a fuck-up, that's SOP for these cases. Once someone starts holding them accountable, they move on to another sucker.

2. A Canuker

A Canuker Senior member

I hate to say but at times LC's little sister reminds me of Ed's. The amount of times that she has picked up and moved to a new city in the last few years is amazing. It seems that everytime stuff either gets hard or good a "event" has to occur which shines the light back on her. Sad as she has two kids whom are very nice but are getting the bad end of the deal. One has gone to live with the dad but still gets dragged into the BS and the other one is to young. At times I think we should just offer to take him and let her go live the single life.....

3. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

Thanks for the tips guys. I googled my longtime podiatrist to get his number and was bummed to find that he passed away 18 months ago. He was 56 and very fit and athletic, so this was a real shock. I think it was cancer, based on the obituary request for donations to the American Cancer Society. His wife is also a cancer survivor - she has the same oncologist as Mrs Atlas. :(

4. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

i wish i could say i disagree with this, but sadly i cant. and the other disturbing thing i find is, that that type of personality is generally very skilled at fooling the next unknowing victim.

really sorry ed. :(

5. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

aw, that sucks. Sorry to hear this.

6. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

+1. All the best...

7. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

This isn't really pissing me off - it's more amusing than anything

I set foot in whole foods for the first time in a long time and immediately notice how everyone (mostly the women) are all dressed in their finest workout gear, yoga pants, etc.

Do people change their outfits to go to whole foods? Because you need to look the part? Someone forgot to tell me and I'm feeling awkward in me Fray and Cucinelli

8. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

I've complained numerous times before (especially in the things you don't get thread), but whole foods has an obviously high amount of people who are doing some "aspirational grocery shopping".

at whole foods when you can fill a tiny grocery cart with over $500 worth of groceries (which are still mostly processed food items) that wont last you through the week its kinda sad... especially if you're pulling a middle class salary.

(on the other end... its weird how trader joes can actually be a lot cheaper than even average grocery stores).

9. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

whole foods never struck me as expensive, especially compared to other NYC grocery stores.

10. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Holy fuck Rice Krispies are 5 bucks for a small box here!

Not the Kellogg's but their own magical organic brand. Now I've found something to be pissed off about

11. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

i wonder how much they are at Duane Reade

12. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

yup and the trader joes version for a huge box is $1.99 at the queens store I go to.

it is... the stores like associated/keyfoods/C-town can be expensive but also have a ton of stuff on sale. my wife and I did the math over a year and whole foods is around 35% more expensive compared to associated and keyfoods for comparable stuff.

trader joes is actually cheaper than associated/keyfoods but is a bit a trek with the car to queens.

the western beef in queens is awesome (because they have local seafood thats of really high quality) and its cheap.

making grocery runs to western beef/trader joes is half the reason I have a car in this city.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2013

13. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

you gotta be a high roller to be shoppin at WF on the regular. the food bar is the fucking worst.

14. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

So what you are mad about, is women in yoga pants.....

15. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

i love trader joes.