Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

2. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

I was sound asleep about to sleep my way through the new year and the dog went ballistic when the fireworks started here.... barking and pissed. I don't even think he was afraid/angry at the fireworks but the people yelling having a good time.

poor guy has an evander holifield sized chunk of ear missing and now is stressed... lol... ah well... happy new year!

3. Biscotti

Biscotti Senior member

what happened to his ear? :(

4. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Yeah dogs really don't like it.

It started at around 3:30 pm here and it got gradually worse through the night, I tried keeping him close to me all night sitting in sofa with him etc., but every time a big bang came, he got up and ran in to my bedroom, which was pitch black with a blanket over the window and at one point he got so stressed he started to lick his face for 2 min straight. :(

So I ended up sitting in my bedroom in the dark from midnight until 2 am, he ended up being completely exhausted and fell a sleep during the fireworks and at 2am I was finally able, to find a hole, where we could go out for a pee, where I had to force him to do it quickly before the next big bang.

When we got back up he just collapsed and fell a sleep, I on the other hand was awake until 5 am, due to fireworks right out side my building. :(

So I have decided next year new years is going to be somewhere out in the middle of nowhere.

5. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

globe, sorry about the situation with your friend in Israel. I know you'll make it right and all will be forgiven.

Lawrence, I hate that your dog was attacked. Nothing pisses me off more than other dog owners who do not control their dogs. I hope your dog's ear heals quickly.

As to fireworks and dogs, my dog is not bothered by them, at all. A couple of years ago we watched the NYC July 4th fireworks from the 11th floor balcony of a hotel located on the Hudson River directly in front of the ships from which they were being fired. My dog was fine, throughout the whole event - he seemed to enjoy it as much as we did.

6. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

paid everything by phone by 1:15 am this morning. tomorrow I'll go to the consulate and make sure that his address is no longer registered as my address, hopefully there won't be any complications, and hopefully his anger will blow over.

7. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

good new GT, glad to hear it. im sure it will pass.

8. Douglas

Douglas Stupid ass member

Yeah GT you have a good heart and are a really good person. So is everyone else here; you guys are all really good people. Brohugs.

9. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

thanks - but we can all fuck up sometimes. I feel like this was one of those times I fucked up and hurt a friend through carelessness.

10. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

Got black eyed peas and collard greens, forgot to get the makings for corn bread. There go my plans of not driving anywhere today.

11. jarude

jarude Senior member

When I order a coffee to go, the barista always assumes "black" or "no room" means "fill the coffee to the absolute very brim so that any minute amount of jostling will immediately cause hot coffee to spill everywhere." Then I end up pouring a good amount out anyway after my car or my clothes get a good coffee splash so I'm able to drink it without wearing any more of it.

First world problem for sure, but you'd think someone who pours coffee for a living would know how irritating that is.

12. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Apparently they aren't very good... Also, I work in Union Square where I was at that moment so there is the Whole Foods.

13. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Some damn apes in my neighborhood shot guns last night to celebrate the new year. They scared by cat very much.

14. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

doosche post!

15. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

i do not think he meant what you think he meant.