1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
  2. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Thanks, he's with me 23 hours a day, so it was sort odd not having him around.

3. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

I made a really bad joke to a guy about his beard making him look like a terrorist. He filed a complaint with HR. I apologized immediately after I made the joke but I guess it wasn't enough. I guess I'm pissing myself off. Stupid diarrhea mouth

4. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

You should have called him a tattletale little bitch. At least that's the truth. What a fuckwad.

6 people like this.
  5. in stitches

in stitches Senior member

c'mon man, you know how sensitive i am about that.

REPORTED!!!!

1 person likes this.
  6. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Does he really look like a terrorist???

4 people like this.
  7. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

8. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

I'm supposed to fly to China at 6am Saturday morning to work on something important that also involved coordinating about 8 people's schedules.

The stuff we sent over to China 2 weeks ago via international airfreight express and that is necessary to what we are planning to do is stuck in customs and appears it will not arrive until late next week, which blows the entire schedule.

If I cannot resolve this this evening, I need to re-book three people's international airfares, try to figure out how to change or cancel three internal Chinese airfares, and see if I can't get everyone all lined up again to try again the following week, which also involves really blowing a crapton of personal scheduling work as well.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

9. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

And in other news, I think I've mentioned all the break-ins and muggings in my neighborhood of late. Last night I actually dialed 911, around 7:30pm, when two different house alarms within close earshot went off within 10 minutes of each other.

We all went to bed around 10pm when I heard a very distinct two bangs at a downstairs window. For the first time in my life, I loaded up a shotgun with ammunition, scared shitless, and turned on all the lights and did a perimeter check. At the time, the police helicopter that has become a nightly presence in the skies above was very close.

I do not rattle easily with bumps in the night, but I really can think of zero "natural" explanation for what I heard last night.

10. Biscotti

Biscotti Senior member

I feel as though I can no longer write well anymore, but this may just stem from second guessing myself with every word I write. ughghg

11. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

Damn dude. What is going in your 'hood. :(

12. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

I just wish he would've talked to me directly about it instead of going through HR

I think it was a good experience tho. I get made so much of being korean with dog jokes, slant eye jokes, Asian glow jokes I just assumed people really don't take offense at racist jokes which is probably a very bad assumption.

13. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

honestly it was probably just in stitches trying to sneak a peek at me in the shower but it was unsettling nonetheless. in my neighborhood they call in the chopper whenever they see blacks or jews on the street, which would explain why they were nearby.

1 person likes this.
  14. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

You mean I could have reported the manager who used to say that my beard made me look like a terrorist? or does that only work if I'm of Arab extraction?

Why, are they afraid someone won't pay them retail?

15. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

That's what you guys get for having beards :stirpot:

1 person likes this.
  16. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Douglas, glad to hear the bump in the night did not materialize into anything worse.

1 person likes this.
  17. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

18 years of misery

18. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

Not that kind of bump.

19. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

I know ;)

That sounds an awful lot like my neighbourhood at the moment although, we don't have guns, townhouses or police choppers, wish we had though.

20. in stitches

in stitches Senior member

that would be ideal. sucks that this guy is a loser.

i guess so. still, peeps need to learn to take a joke when thats all it is.

you were twerking. it was hard to peel my eyes away, that was a lot of flesh twerking all at once.

funny thing is, go back not too many years, and that is factually true about your neighborhood.