Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

all the american/euro kids (12 and under) looked like they were having the time of their lives in Peru/Macchu Pichu. Hell there were 8 year old kids who made it all the way up to Huyana Picchu and running around happy and having a blast while I was crying out of fear of heights like a bitch. Everything was so organized there, they even have a free offical park with llamas/alpacas that you can feed/pet, and have natives with looms dying/weaving wool that you can join. the bazaars were awesome too with kids running around.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  2. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

You guys have missed the absolute worse, most inconsiderate, entitled type of fattie there is. It is also almost always a woman.

The fatties on scooters with an O2 tank that has the conservation valve so it goes, "Hssst, schnick. Hssst, schnick" on an ongoing basis. Where do you spot these entitled noisy people? Every venue where the sound carries, i.e. live plays, small venues for recitals, etc.

3. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

80%+ of the fatties on scooters are women. Or at least allegedly women.

4. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

It is a shame because I never yield to any of those scooter people physically, or socially. It is the fat people who are lazy who ruined it for the people who might actually need them.

5. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

thanks - I think our plan was peru and ecador in 3 years.

this year Israel + Petra+ Istanbul + Athens

next year paris + london

year after Lima, Machu Pichu, Quito and Galapagos

year after african safari (not sure where yet, I am leaning towards south Africa and Tanzania, but might skip south africa)

then we will either do several trips to different parts of Europe, or India and various different parts of Asia.

6. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

I doubt anyone actually needs them. People who are actually disabled would be in a wheel chair. Anyone who walks up to the front door of Wal-Mart and then gets into a scooter is just a malingering asshole.

7. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

What bothers me the most about those scooters is that using them is basically an admission that you've thrown in the towel. I feel the same way about elevators. I work in a three-story building, and I see people taking the elevator to get from floor to floor. And 95% of the time, they're very fat. Some of these people are students, 18-22 years old. It's sad to see people that young basically giving up. I can only assume that they're going to get fatter and fatter, since they use every opportunity to avoid moving their limbs.

8. patrickBOOTH

I live on the second floor of my building and I only ever used the elevator when I was moving in. I think me and my girlfriend are the only people who use the stairs to get to the second floor. Oddly enough there are no fat people in the building. Maybe that's just NYC? I am always perplexed that any time I order food for delivery they always use the elevator. It takes longer for it to get to the first floor than it would take to walk up the stairs to the second floor.

9. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

lol, a 10 year old should be running round like a rapid bat on crack not sit in a stroller.

We always did nature/city/historical being active stuff on holidays, so much more fun getting to ride an elephant than riding some water slide, if you ask me.

10. A Canuker

A Canuker Senior member

Every time LC and I travel to Vegas we are shocked with how fat some people are. There are certainly fat people out here in Canada but it is stunning with how many more it seems to be in the states. I'm not sure if it's the diet, lifestyle, culture or some combo of it all but it is amazing.

Fat people always seem to have a reason why life sucks and is out to get them or so it seems. I would bet that 80% of the fatties that I have met have sucked at life and are doomed to fail which is a shame. One good thing though, if the zombie issue ever does happen I know they stand a good chance of being eaten first and slowing down the herd.

11. patrickBOOTH

A bunch of hedonists, we are.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  12. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Yep, and it's no accident that every single one of these contraptions is built with extra wide seats and frames (which is what is so infuriating about coexisting with them). Two normal sized handicapped persons could sit side by side on one

13. patrickBOOTH

Well, the fat guy that invented them is laughing all the way to the bank.

14. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

My ex-fiancee came from British Columbia, and I used to go out and visit her and her family from time to time. I was always surprised at how few fat people I saw. Of course there are the kinds of people we politely call "big boned," but I hardly ever saw the kind of spherical-shaped people you see in the US. (And as I've mentioned before, I grew up in Wisconsin, where a frighteningly high percentage of the population are spherical.)

15. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

yeah, there is a lot I don't like about my mother at this stage in her life, but one thing that I can say is that she refuses to use a scooter. she's 80 now, whith a lot of problems and she is sure that if she starts using a scooter that she'll loose the ability to walk, so she walks, very slowly, with a walker.