• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i like your enthusiasm, but i am going to have to disagree with you on that last part up there.

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

people who clap and cheer in the theater during movies. i want to punch them all.

I want to clap these motherfuckers on their ears. They clearly don't understand what applause means. Dunno if this is better or worse than people who feel compelled to giving a standing ovation to every orchestra they see...since they rarely ever see an orchestra and don't know what they are doing (although last time I was at the symphony, it was completely worthy of a standing ovation and we made that soloist play a motherfucking encore).

People who clap and cheer when an aircraft lands. Sometimes it would be worth the burns and death just to find out if they boo after a crash.

I thought this was an alitalia thing...Only time I have ever observed it happening across an entire plane. They have notoriously bad landings or something.

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I want to clap these motherfuckers on their ears. They clearly don't understand what applause means. Dunno if this is better or worse than people who feel compelled to giving a standing ovation to every orchestra they see...since they rarely ever see an orchestra and don't know what they are doing (although last time I was at the symphony, it was completely worthy of a standing ovation and we made that soloist play a motherfucking encore).
I thought this was an alitalia thing...Only time I have ever observed it happening across an entire plane. They have notoriously bad landings or something.

I was on a domestic flight into Sydney airport in the 90s, as we were landing there was a very strong cross wind and the plane kept swaying from one side of the strip to the other. The plane slammed into the runway like a mother ****** one wing higher than the other. The pilot hit the throttle hard and took off again. I was seated so I could make direct eye contact with two of the flight attendants, and they looked as pale as ghosts. We came around for another attempt plane still swaying, hit the deck hard again but the second time the pilot kept it down. Everyone clapped and cheered including the flight attendants, I'm not sure if I did as well because I think I was too busy trying to un-pucker my asshole.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

people who clap and cheer in the theater during movies. i want to punch them all.

I got into a fistfight after a showing of Independence Day when some dumb asshole decided to start clapping as the credits went up. I said something to the effect of "Bill Pullman and Randy Quaid aren't here to hear that, you know?" Things degenerated from there.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not in the holiday spirit at all this year.

I could type a 2,000-word essay on why, but it can be summarized with:

- My extended family is insane and can barely cloak their dislike for one another.
- My nutty, holier-than-thou Catholic aunt will hardly speak to my brother because he isn't Catholic
- My mom, while a swell person, is a total control freak and can't "play ball" when someone else is making the decisions. She's also passive aggressive to a maddening degree, so when people rightfully get pissed at her, she loves to play the "what did I do?" martyr role.
- I'm not terribly happy with my relationship with my girlfriend lately. She gave me some great, thoughtful gifts, so she obviously cares about me a lot, but she's got so much going on elsewhere in her life that I'm almost periodically an afterthought.
- My brother is suddenly a sitcom character who will never take off his shoes indoors.
- We're having turkey for Christmas dinner. My family has a tradition of making the blandest turkey dinners you'll find in the Midwest.

I know a lot of this is garden-variety pissing and moaning, but bleh, I'm ready to just skip ahead past New Years at this point.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

- My extended family is insane and can barely cloak their dislike for one another.
- My nutty, holier-than-thou Catholic aunt will hardly speak to my brother because he isn't Catholic
- My mom, while a swell person, is a total control freak and can't "play ball" when someone else is making the decisions. She's also passive aggressive to a maddening degree, so when people rightfully get pissed at her, she loves to play the "what did I do?" martyr role.
- I'm not terribly happy with my relationship with my girlfriend lately. She gave me some great, thoughtful gifts, so she obviously cares about me a lot, but she's got so much going on elsewhere in her life that I'm almost periodically an afterthought.
- My brother is suddenly a sitcom character who will never take off his shoes indoors.
- We're having turkey for Christmas dinner. My family has a tradition of making the blandest turkey dinners you'll find in the Midwest.
I know a lot of this is garden-variety pissing and moaning, but bleh, I'm ready to just skip ahead past New Years at this point.

I hear you APK. Take heart and know that this too shall pass.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ah... did you cry when anne hathaway gets her hair cut off?

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Only time I have ever observed it happening across an entire plane. They have notoriously bad landings or something.

I have had that on almost every airline Ive ever used. I don't mind if the landing is rough of the flight is very late, but on a normal flight it's basically like a child during a game of Peek-A-Boo!

Not in the holiday spirit at all
- I'm not terribly happy with my relationship with my girlfriend lately. She gave me some great, thoughtful gifts, so she obviously cares about me a lot, but she's got so much going on elsewhere in her life that I'm almost periodically an

I've learned (the hard way) that a girlfriend who has so much **** going on that she doesn't have any time for you is not disinterested, it's that some she needs you to be the rock and make her down time truly relaxing. I've had relationships where I've freaked because suddenly I'm number 99 on the to-do list, but in reality it's because she knows that when all the petty **** has gone, you'll be the to help enjoy the good times.

For me it was about realising that it wasn't a relationship, it was a partnership and neediness was never going to help her stress levels. Obviously your experience may differ, but that feeling was the beginning of my first grown-up relationship.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I got into a fistfight after a showing of Independence Day when some dumb asshole decided to start clapping as the credits went up. I said something to the effect of "Bill Pullman and Randy Quaid aren't here to hear that, you know?" Things degenerated from there.

WIN

ah... did you cry when anne hathaway gets her hair cut off?

i did not. what movie would that be?
---
APK - so sorry to hear that man. hopefully you will get back to regular life soon, and get away from all that.

Last edited:

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

solidarity, brother. solidarity.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What the **** there's a stain on my Turkish rug? This is from turkey, not from china. What the **** how did this happen? I haven't spilled anything on this rug, ever. I'm very careful. What motherfucker cams in here and spilt something on my rug?

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

What the **** there's a stain on my Turkish rug? This is from turkey, not from china. What the **** how did this happen? I haven't spilled anything on this rug, ever. I'm very careful. What motherfucker cams in here and spilt something on my rug?

Do you think it was her?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics