1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

yesterday i had some fine encounters with drunk boston women:

1. after the redsox game on the T - couple gets on crowded train... won't get out of the way for exiting passengers. one exiting passenger gets angry and the girl starts yelling "FUUUUCK YOU... YOU WANT TO FIGHT MY BOYFRIEND?"

2. Driving around MIT going home at 1am - I'm getting tail gaited on an empty street. Car won't go around me... stays on my ass. flashes bright lights, then finally decides to pass me.... by undercutting me (with an open lane to the left) using the bike lane. *Speeds off at probably 50mph (on a quiet 25mph cambridge street).

*a mile down the road near the ramp for the mass pike I see the car over at a police checkpoint. its a woman driver obviously drunk being questioned by the police and she starts yelling at my wife and I as we drive slowly by.

3. I couldn't believe this was happening... I was finally on the mass pike and I see a couple jumping the fences and are planning crossing the fucking mass pike expressway! girl and guy gain enough courage and start running across and I look in my rear view mirror and see the girl freak out and actually stop in the middle to pick up something she might have dropped.

4. edit: i forgot to add this important one: during red sox game I was surrounded by women. their faces were buried onto their smartphones 98% of the time. I didn't mind that, but then something would happen, and they'd all look at me and ask what happened then complain that there was no replay (when in fact all they had to do was look up from smartphone to the large HD jumbotron to see a replay). In fairness they did drink a lot.... and they all got up together for bathroom breaks.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
    3 people like this.
  2. Blackhood

Blackhood Senior member

I was driving home from work yesterday and i see a car that is pretty smashed up on the side of the road with hazard lights smashing and steam coming from the hood. I was in a steady flow of traffic and not one fucker stopped to see if anyone was ... you know... dead?

I pulled over and in the ten minutes it took to look over the car, call the police and see if I could see anyone (I couldn't, so either they ran after the crash or were picked up and decided to just leave the car running) not a single one of the 100+ cars that drove past stopped to even ask if everything was ok.

I know we live in a shitty world, but I would like to think that if I totalled my car on a busy road someone might pull over and check I was still breathing. Naturally my reward for stopping was the need to give a police statement and spending half an hour in the rain, but I certainly wouldn't call that an excuse to walk on by.

3. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

Depends on the neighbourhood. There are plenty of places around here I'd certainly stop to help.

There are others that if a child's head were on fire on the side of the road I wouldn't slow down even to roll down the window and toss out a fire extinguisher.

4. Blackhood

Blackhood Senior member

Totally get that neighbourhood plays a part, but I live in one of the safest , richest parts of the country. The accident actually occurred a few hundred yards from a stately manor house, Hollywood screen writers couldn't come up with a more stereotypical "safe place to stop". The groundsman even gave me and the police cups of tea!

Just makes me sad that people either don't care or have been terrified of being jumped by the media.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
  5. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Oddly, I don't feel this way. As discussed on the forum in the past, I'm pretty asexual. I think 9 times out of 10 I would prefer drinking with college girls over having sex with them. I love making absurd sexual remarks and jokes to them, however. I find sex to be totally absurd, therefore comedic.

6. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

I am tempted to give Boston another chance, since people have good things to say about it, but on my first trip there was awful. The cabs disappear late at night as if they are preparing for the witching hour, which in this case is just filled with drunken morons.

1 person likes this.
  7. patrickBOOTH

The only time I have been to Boston was a long time ago and not for very long. Based on the people who I know who "love" Boston, I could probably say with great certainty that I would hate it.

8. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

Boston is a great city for a weekend but the people really do suck. There is no shortage of dark bars with dark beer and good food but outside of that it's not so great.

9. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

i think every major city in the world is going to have drunk douches/douche-ettes roaming around at 1am on a saturday. hell i had to deal with drunk/high hipsters/L-train natives for half a decade (and thats any day of the week after 11pm).

but boston is a bit special when it comes to levels of drunkedness. i mentioned before about the women sitting around me [texting, drinking, not paying attention] during the redsox game? one of them had a mild case of cerebral palsy yet was still two-fisting cups of beers, shuffling her way back and forth from her seat to the beer stand/bathroom every inning. :laugh:

10. otc

otc Senior member

Well, they have Uber now...so you can probably get a cab at least.

11. patrickBOOTH

I'm always blown away when I take the L train on a weekday at 1am how insanely crowded it is. It is pretty much no different than 5:30 on a weekday. WTF do these people do for living? :confused:

12. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

pB. weirdest dude ever.

1 person likes this.
  13. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

Boston brings drunkeness to the next level. I've never had that sort of experience in NYC where it seemed like the people working in those hours were afraid of the residents.

It was like an old western, where the town folk batten down the hatches when the bad guy arrives on the scene.

14. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

Live off their parent's money.

2 people like this.
  15. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

no pB is right, the crowded L train at 1am during weekdays is a strange phenomena. its not only just high/drunk hipsters, its regular people looking normal just commuting home. there's three major hospitals that have stations right on the L train so thats part of the answer. I'd commute home from the upper upper west side at 3am and the 1 train would be empty, but then transfer to the L train and even the 8th and 6th ave stops will have a steady stream of people coming in then boom 14th st USQ and its filled up with regular people... in the middle of the night... on a weekday.

16. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

GF's place?

1 person likes this.
  17. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

Being drunk in Boston is great. It's almost as if Mel Johnson's dream of BoozeTown came to pass.

http://www.drunkard.com/issues/55/55-boozetown.html

18. patrickBOOTH

I get to work earlier than most desk jockeys and I have noticed that the majority of the people I see on the L are natives (a lot of which transfer to the G at Lorimer) and people in scrubs. A lot of hospitals like you said along the L line, especially on the east side.

19. zarathustra

zarathustra Senior member

I do not know why people cannot think for their flipping selves. They come ask me the most asinine questions and wonder why I am tetchy.

Really, you don't know why the printer isn't working? ITS OUT OF FUCKING PAPER. You cannot find the PDF of a document on the network. Rather than just scanning the damn thing in again, you waste my time by lying to me that it was the only copy. GO SCAN THE DAMN THING IN.

Adrianna has not been sending you messages on the facebook and the money you sent her to buy a new laptop is gone. No one from Nigeria, any bank or oil company needs your help getting money out of their country and into ours. Oh – and you were not named as a beneficiary with instructions to distribute an unknown rich person’s money to charity. DO YOU REALLY NEED ME TO TELL YOU THIS IS A SCAM?

Stop coming to me and making a big deal out of problems where the solutions are axiomatic and then you may avoid my ire.

20. patrickBOOTH