• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Be honest. If you don't need antibiotics, you shouldn't be taking them. Overuse of antibiotics is a very big problem. Plus, they won't do you any good if you don't need them.

Also, lying to your doctor is just stupid, anyway. Of all the people for whom full disclosure is critical, your doctor should be at the top of the list.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
wtf is up with people who lie to their doctor.

It's probably the only person you go up to and say "I banged 8 hookers, took some drugs, and I've been drinking a lot lately" and have them be ok with it and check you out to make sure everything's still healthy.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Have I mentioned how much I hate owning a house?

I woke up this morning and it was 60* in my house, despite the heat being on. Turns out the heat has decided to only run for about five minutes at a time, and the only way to get it to do that is to turn it off and back on. Fan-*******-tastic.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

It's probably the only person you go up to and say "I banged 8 hookers, took some drugs, and I've been drinking a lot lately" and have them be ok with it and check you out to make sure everything's still healthy.

This.

They need to know what they're looking for, and lying could send them in the wrong direction. Plus, if they do find something they need to treat, they need complete information so they don't end up giving you treatment that's contraindicated for whatever reason.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I considered lying because I don't want to deal with this once I leave. I'll be honest and see what she says.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I understand that inclination, but lying about your symptoms could have the doc looking for the wrong stuff. A week-long sore throat is very different than a two-day one.

Either way, good luck. I hope it gets better, one way or another. Being sick on vacation blows. I spent pretty much my entire summer family vacation this year with a cold, and it sucked.

Last edited:

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
GF, do you live in a multi-story building? I know that the front door of these places can be shockingly easy to get into and parkades with lots of cars are ripe targets. I installed two of these in the outer heating vents in my car http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_5367_Directed-513T.html and I assure you that they might break in but they are not collecting my stuff.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

If you've read as many charts as I have, and know how patients get labeled by staff, you might have a reason to at least shade the truth. Medical folks, while full of faults themselves, are the worse gossips and the most judgmental people I know. If you told your doctor the above, and it made it into the H&P, you would forever see this echoed through your medical information:

History of multiple prostitution use possibly fueled by recreational drug use. Pt. admits to ETOH abuse.

So the doc writes that then every ******* nurse that takes care of you reads this and tells all the other nurses you're a whoremonger and drug seeker. So you break a leg and are in extreme pain and those judgmental ***** will not want to give you needed pain medication as they're going to write, "Pt with history of drug and ETOH abuse. Continues drug seeking behaviour with multiple requests for pain medication."

I'm really not joking here.

Last edited:

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

If you've read as many charts as I have, and know how patients get labeled by staff, you might have a reason to at least shade the truth. Medical folks, while full of faults themselves, are the worse gossips and the most judgmental people I know. If you told your doctor the above, and it made it into the H&P, you would forever see this echoed through your medical information:

So the doc writes that then every ******* nurse that takes care of you reads this and tells all the other nurses you're a whoremonger and drug seeker. So you break a leg and are in extreme pain and those judgmental ***** will not want to give you needed pain medication as they're going to write, "Pt with history of drug and ETOH abuse. Continues drug seeking behaviour with multiple requests for pain medication."

For singlehandedly destroying my faith in the U.S. medical system, I nominate Piobaire in the 2012 DOTY Readers Choice Edition.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Well, okay. But do you think it could help him get laid? We are talking about CalTex here.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Well, okay. But do you think it could help him get laid? We are talking about CalTex here.

Oh, I'd LOVE to seem him try that STD **** with a nurse. He'd forever be labeled as having Chlamydia.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads