1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. js4design

js4design Senior member

I had my sleeves shortened :embar:

(in my defense, I'm normally a small but had to size up to a medium in the commander because the shoulders are so damn narrow)

2. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

Don't they know that you are infallible?

1 person likes this.
  3. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

I also kills me that they have that wonderful contrasting (usually brown) corduroy lining on the inside cuff that is just begging to be rolled up and shown off... But who's arms are short enough to do that?

4. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Senior member

Get out of office head off to the beach enjoy the sunshine and the sights. Yesterday it was 37c in Sydney.

5. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

It is fall (autumn) in the United States of America, which is where I live. It's about 60 degrees here, which isn't really ideal for a beach. (Plus I don't really want to hang out on the shores of the Mississippi River.)

I hope you are enjoying the 37c temperatures, though, and that the sun doesn't make your mind too disorderly (as it does mine).

6. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

@Piobaire that sucks.

Barbours are designed for outdoorsy people, so they roll up the sleeves, so they don't get blood on them.

People who think they know design and call everything open plan ny loft style or worse put some idiotic conceptual thing in the room and call it loft style.

7. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Always a tough move to pull on the people that are theoretically your boss...but I more or less did it for the faction that was recalcitrant.

Need a "knock on wood" emoticon here but I have been lucky in really making no overly bad major decisions in 10 years.

8. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

No doubt because of the consistently excellent advice given in this forvm.

1 person likes this.
  9. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

A guy I went to law school with died about a year ago. I just discovered how: he committed suicide. The guy was never my close friend or anything but he was a really nice guy and, more than that, was a really positive and upbeat guy whose life had been one success after another. I don't know his whole life story and there was obviously some awful unbearable pain he was dealing with, but this shit is fucking with my head.

10. mkarim

mkarim Senior member

I was planning to go to Brazil too but the visa requirements turned me off. There are too many countries where I don't need a visa.

11. StephenHero

StephenHero Senior member

Spotify's loud as fuck commercials are driving me fucking insane, which says nothing of their inconvenient timing right between movements in Beethoven's piano concertos.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
  12. L'Incandescent

Spotify is terrible for classical music in general, I think. (Actually, this is probably truer for contemporary classical, which is mostly what I listen to.) Often the tracks are somewhat arbitrary, so you get a loud ad about air harping to Celtic music right in the middle of a piece of music.

13. L'Incandescent

In the men's restroom on my floor (office), there are six micturating stations. Well today I was the only person there until another person came in; would you believe me if I told you that he took the station right next to mine? Come on, there are norms about that (should not do it).

14. MrG

MrG Senior member

On This Lonely Road, Tryin' to Make it Home

It's funny you should relate this particular story tonight. I was on the phone with my best friend earlier this evening, and he told me about the time Mitch McConnell did the exact same thing to him.

15. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

I feel you. Shit really sucks. You can never tell from how a person acts around other people. I went through this middle of my busiest semester and it fucked with me for years

16. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

That sucks Munch. It really throws your world out of kilter. I can understand the need to escape whatever hell they are living through, but I can never understand the cruelty to loved ones that is so inherent to the act.

17. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Munch, sorry to hear about this. I lost a brother to suicide. If you want some thoughts on this PM me.

18. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

I really should have put that in "things you just don't get". Like I said, I wasn't really close to the guy. But it's just bizarre. He had a great career, plenty of money, a beautiful and intelligent girlfriend, was involved in the community and volunteering. He was financially well off, handsome, athletic. He was the kind of person that everyone liked. If I were so inclined, I would have been jealous of the guy. Obviously there's something I didn't know about him.

19. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Depression, the silent killer.

20. why

why Senior member

I hear this a lot and it gets dumber every time someone repeats it.

I can never understand why people think a person should be around for their pleasure -- or really that a person should exist solely so that they aren't upset. Considering the inherent selfishness it makes me wonder if such people cared at all to begin with, and given that a supposed 'loved one' committed suicide I'd have to guess they didn't -- or at least not enough to offer help if there was an opportunity.

(I'm not referring to obligations the person might have which is a different argument.)