Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

Got my appointment.

:slayer:

2. MrG

MrG Senior member

Be honest. If you don't need antibiotics, you shouldn't be taking them. Overuse of antibiotics is a very big problem. Plus, they won't do you any good if you don't need them.

Also, lying to your doctor is just stupid, anyway. Of all the people for whom full disclosure is critical, your doctor should be at the top of the list.

3. otc

otc Senior member

wtf is up with people who lie to their doctor.

It's probably the only person you go up to and say "I banged 8 hookers, took some drugs, and I've been drinking a lot lately" and have them be ok with it and check you out to make sure everything's still healthy.

4. MrG

MrG Senior member

Have I mentioned how much I hate owning a house?

I woke up this morning and it was 60* in my house, despite the heat being on. Turns out the heat has decided to only run for about five minutes at a time, and the only way to get it to do that is to turn it off and back on. Fan-fucking-tastic.

5. MrG

MrG Senior member

This.

They need to know what they're looking for, and lying could send them in the wrong direction. Plus, if they do find something they need to treat, they need complete information so they don't end up giving you treatment that's contraindicated for whatever reason.

6. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

It allowed for 8 seasons of House.

7. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

Everybody lies!

8. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

smartest everything ever said on television.

9. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

I considered lying because I don't want to deal with this once I leave. I'll be honest and see what she says.

10. MrG

MrG Senior member

I understand that inclination, but lying about your symptoms could have the doc looking for the wrong stuff. A week-long sore throat is very different than a two-day one.

Either way, good luck. I hope it gets better, one way or another. Being sick on vacation blows. I spent pretty much my entire summer family vacation this year with a cold, and it sucked.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012

11. A Canuker

A Canuker Senior member

GF, do you live in a multi-story building? I know that the front door of these places can be shockingly easy to get into and parkades with lots of cars are ripe targets. I installed two of these in the outer heating vents in my car http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_5367_Directed-513T.html and I assure you that they might break in but they are not collecting my stuff.

12. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

If you've read as many charts as I have, and know how patients get labeled by staff, you might have a reason to at least shade the truth. Medical folks, while full of faults themselves, are the worse gossips and the most judgmental people I know. If you told your doctor the above, and it made it into the H&P, you would forever see this echoed through your medical information:

So the doc writes that then every fucking nurse that takes care of you reads this and tells all the other nurses you're a whoremonger and drug seeker. So you break a leg and are in extreme pain and those judgmental fucks will not want to give you needed pain medication as they're going to write, "Pt with history of drug and ETOH abuse. Continues drug seeking behaviour with multiple requests for pain medication."

I'm really not joking here.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012

13. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

For singlehandedly destroying my faith in the U.S. medical system, I nominate Piobaire in the 2012 DOTY Readers Choice Edition.

14. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Well, okay. But do you think it could help him get laid? We are talking about CalTex here.

15. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Oh, I'd LOVE to seem him try that STD shit with a nurse. He'd forever be labeled as having Chlamydia.