1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

What a delusional twat.

Nice jeans with holes in them, fuckface.

1 person likes this.
  2. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

It's Ralph Lauren. Plebeians like you will never understand fashion

1 person likes this.
  3. Harold falcon

My jeans don't have holes in them. I'm not a fucking peasant.

4. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

How do you get them on then?

2 people like this.
  5. Harold falcon

Those aren't holes, those are leg openings.

Let's play a game - Kanye or homeless bum?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
    2 people like this.
  6. donjuan17

donjuan17 Senior member

Who wore it better?

1 person likes this.
  7. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

^is he the kind of christian who justifies everything he personally believes in/does? those are my favorite kind (especially in the old country). 2nd on the list is the catholic who thinks that going to church for one hour on sunday (and feeling guilty about any wrong doing throughout the week) will absolve all.

Last night at around 11pm I was walking my dogs and about a block away from the house when I see a large pitbull in the distance. The pitbull is unleashed and there's no one around. I hurry up and start jogging with my dogs back to the house - which gets my dogs riled up because they haven't peed and or pooped yet, and before you know it that pitbull is running right behind us. I realize that there's no way i'm getting into the house quick enough (with a screen door and locked front door). Fortunately my car was still parked in the driveway (it was also unlocked because i brought in groceries early that night) I get the dogs inside the car and the dogs are barking up a storm going buck wild inside the car while the pittbull is in the driveway (actually calm and just looking at us).

I call up the wife to ask her if the door from inside the garage to the house open, and she starts doing that annoying wife/suspense movie thing where she's asking me if I filled out some Brazilian tourist visa forms while I try to explain that there's an unleashed rogue huge pitbull in our driveway while the dogs are violently barking in the back ground, then she realizes and needs me to explain what happened and I'm getting angry at her yelling just look out the window to see if the pittbull in the driveway doesn't follow the car inside the garage before the door closes.

prologue: I get the dogs into the house (now barking at the front door violently). Think about calling animal control. Remember to first call/text the neighbors (who have small kids and walk their dogs late at night too). I start feeling a little stupid - because I might of overreacted and contemplate going out there to see if the dog might actually be lost/calm. Then the neighbor calls back and thanks me and says that he'll call animal control (ye-hey I didn't have to snitch... so no stitches!). I wait about an hour and walk the dogs in the back yard anyway (they still needed to go the whole time) I'm jumpy and ready to run like a bitch back into the house at any sudden sounds/movement.

8. MrG

MrG Senior member

:laugh:

You could have shortened that story by replacing most of the first paragraph with, "I did exactly what I'm not supposed to do when approached by a strange dog."

3 people like this.
  9. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

eh, my ghey boston terrier may be ghey, but that thing has been playing with scary assed rescue pittbulls in dog runs in brooklyn since it was 3mths old. Plus my other dog (8mth old blue heeler) turns into a huge asshole after 10pm. I did the mental math: short squat at least 70lbs pitbull with cropped ears. Plus the pits around the area usually belong to "urban fellas" who have them on harnesses/prong collars/large diameter rope leashes and aren't in total control of their magnificent beasts.

10. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

please to post quotes from him, verbatim.

1 person likes this.
  11. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

$180. You can also make a direct deposit into the embassy's bank account.

I git a business/journalists visa once. Had to get a police report and all kinds of extra shit. Then I realized I could just get a tourist's visa that's valid for 10 years.

12. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Like any man, I am vulnerable to the effects of the sun, but I am different in that I am more vulnerable, I think. If it's gray outside, then the likelihood is high that I'll be in a sad mood. But on the other hand, if it is too sunny, then I will be all amped up to where my mind cannot focus its energies on the task at hand. Today I am struggling with the latter problem (too sunny).

1 person likes this.
  13. StephenHero

StephenHero Senior member

Why are the sleeves on Barbour jackets so fucking short?

3 people like this.
  14. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Barbours are notoriously short armed people.

6 people like this.
  15. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

I have a John Partridge quilted jacket (basically knock-off Barbour) with a similar problem. I love it though.

16. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

I found it helped me get through it if I put away a few beers before making the attempt, and then maintaining a steady pace of about one beer for every couple of pages. I was a raging alcoholic by the time I got through it, but I did finish it eventually.

2 people like this.
  17. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

About to go into a 2-3 hour meeting, a meeting that did not have to happen, a meeting to re-decide what's already been decided, and it will be a contentious meeting.

Long story short I made several recommendations to the Board concerning a huge capital project. My recommendations were ignored. Now that everyone has figured out I was correct and one faction has called a meeting to attempt to course correct. The only problem is we're so far down the garden path course correction is going to make this project cost probably another 10%.

:fu:

1 person likes this.
  18. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

You should demand ritual submission from those who ignored your suggestions.

1 person likes this.
  19. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

How much are we talking here for this project?

20. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Most countryside gents are inbred..