1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

I'm fasting as well. Stupid vending machine wont take my $5 bill (coins only! wtf?) and I want to write this cover letter before I head home

:hide:(anybody want to take a look at it when I finish it later? I can send you pictures of cute asian girls as a reward)

2. donjuan17

donjuan17 Senior member

I'll take a look at it.
    (If you'll have me)

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

Ill goin to bed, but you can send it and ill check in the AM. Noods not necessary.

1 person likes this.
  4. otc

otc Senior member

If you get it to me before I get the all clear to get out of here, I'll look through it

Otherwise I'll probably pass out on top of it with a taco in one hand...

edit: because as I may have forgotten to mention in my previous post...the worst part about being here with no food is that I have actually done very little. I could have gone and gotten food, ordered food and had it delivered--heck even gone home and made food--with the amount of downtime I have had...but it's all been a constant state of "almost done, just another minute" so why order food if you're about to go home?

1 person likes this.
  5. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

6. otc

otc Senior member

Woo hoo freedom!

I'll still read your letter though if you want.

7. Biscotti

Biscotti Senior member

I was behind this redneck today in London...Ohio, and he was throwing shit out his window (bottles and apple cores). Fucker also suddenly braked to a dead halt, and I proceeded to pass him...but, this act pissed him off, so he floored it to around 70 to pass me only to drop speed not so far down the road.

8. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

^ jeez... definitely rednecks. I'm even from Ohio and I was like where the fuck is London, Ohio? lol

9. Biscotti

Biscotti Senior member

Brillo is made there.

10. Biscotti

Biscotti Senior member

But I may have been in Midway or Newport when this event happened...sadly (maybe) I know just about every highway between Columbus and Louisville. At day's end I'm a lower-midwestern, upper-southern hick/hillbilly.

11. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

hopefully you guys will not have the misfortune to drive in long island

:D sent pm. no rush tho. you're probably at home by now

12. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

I would go out tonight, but I haven't got a stitch to wear. This man said its gruesome, that someone so handsome should care.

I don't get that six month valid passport rule... if I can't use my passport for the last 6 months of its validity, why can't they just move the date?

that sucks man, but you're doing a good job.

+++++++

wife and I celebrated our wedding anniversary last night.... went to a pretty decent japanese place... had some sashimi and cocktails first, then ordered our main course. an hour later, and after I asked the waiter, he comes up to me and said he forgot to punch in our order.

what was frustrating here was I just couldn't go ballistic on them because I realize if I did raise hell, it'lll be the thing we'll most remember years from now when our anniversary's coming up. oh, and the manager also apologized, and asked if I had xxx credit card because I can avail of a discount if I have one. stupid motherfucker.

13. MrG

MrG Senior member

This sounds a lot like my dad when I was a kid. He was only around when he felt like it, completely unreliable when he was, my mom wound up being the bad guy because she had to discipline us while my dad could swoop in and be a hero whenever he felt like it, etc.

For what it's worth, my mom and I are very close, and she is basically my hero because of the way she managed to raise us in the face of adversity. My dad, on the other hand, is a guy I hang out with when we're between rounds of not speaking because he's done something awful/stupid (again). Long story short, it all shakes out in the end, and, when the child gets a little older and gains some perspective, they realize that the "bad guy" from when they were little is really the parent who was there to love and guide them (often in the midst of tremendous self sacrifice) while taking up the slack for the absentee parent.

2 people like this.
  14. in stitches

:puzzled:

15. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Lyrics from a The Smiths song titled Charming man...

16. erictheobscure

erictheobscure Senior member

Nice brisk autumn day. Put on a (recently dry-cleaned) sweater and head to work. Get to work and realize that the sweater is full of moth holes.

17. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

:(

18. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

That sucks. I fucking hate moths.

Found a run in my tie this morning :fu:

19. in stitches

u guys are making me sad with these stories of messed up clothing. :(

20. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

I find people get upset at being passed on a regular basis. They also seem to get upset if you tailgate them. I suppose the message is that whatever speed they are going at the moment is the morally correct one.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2013