Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

That's interesting. I have to say, I don't miss smoking at all, except for moments here and there that last a split second or so. Quitting is one of the things I'm happiest about in my life.

2. MrG

MrG Senior member

Not for me. I've often said that I'd gladly pay a hefty premium if someone invented a safe, satisfying cigarette. My memory of how much I liked it might be clouded by the years, so my attitude might change if I actually picked the habit back up, but I really do miss it sometimes.

Don't get me wrong, I'm proud that I quit and quite glad I did, but it was purely a cost-benefit decision.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
  3. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

thanks, man. yeah, i have a great uncle who almost died of lung cancer over 50 years ago. hasnt touched a cig since, but told my brother that every time he smells it, he wants one. it is awesome. so sucky that it can kill you.

yes.

4. Blackhood

Blackhood Senior member

Indifference can be dangerous. Have you taken a year out before?

5. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Sure, from 2004-2006 to start taking b-school seriously. I even lost my training logs from that time (2002-2004) which I bitterly regret.

6. A Canuker

A Canuker Senior member

I have never missed smoking. It might be that the American smokes taste better, flavour country, but I suspect that could not be the case.

I do smoke the odd cigar though so I still rate myself as a smoker for my group insurance only because I'd hate LC to get screwed if something happened but those are less than 1 a month by far.

7. Lady Canuker

Lady Canuker Senior member

Spent 3 hours at the walk in clinic with the 2 Little Misses and it's left all of us tired and grumpy.

8. mordecai

mordecai Immoderator

9. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

sorry to hear that. those are rough days/nights.

ugh. good luck.

10. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I've never understood people who spend a ton of money on weddings. Go down to City Hall, then have a ceremony on the beach somewhere with a few close friends family. All this running out of the church bullshit with 500 people looking on is ridiculous.

11. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

Eh, there's a middle ground that can make for a really uniquely awesome experience. I had exactly 100 people at mine, and it was really something that I'm not likely to ever have a chance to do again. All my family and friends and my wife's family and friends, all in one place, in a celebratory situation. I loved it, was really one of the best experiences of my life. The "getting married" part would have been just fine if we had just gone to the courthouse, but the rest wouldn't have been the same. We had a small intimate engagement party and it wasn't nearly the same thing.

Spent too much money on it, but that was because my in-laws were paying and they kept tacking on stuff. Whatever, it was their money.

The fact that everything gets 3x more expensive as soon as it's for a wedding is obnoxious though. Bugged me even though it wasn't my money. Also, anybody that goes into debt for a wedding is nuts.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
  12. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Hope it gets better. I've had a cold for the last few days and now have a cough myself. :fu:

13. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

I miss smoking my cloves. I smoke like two packs a year. Now they're illegal and I have to drive out of the way to buy "cigarellos." Thanks Obama.

14. StephenHero

StephenHero Black Floridian

I'm craving a hamburger.

15. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

Hamburger or cheeseburger? 70/30 or 80/20? Mayo, ketchup, mustard, or other? Bun type? Pickles are a given, but what other vegetation if any?