1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

This. I showered twice in three hours yesterday because it was so damn hot in the apartment. WTF.

2. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

I do hot all the time...

Hate cold and especially snow..

Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
  3. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

starting to?

barf.

its raining today, then i think its supposed to cool down to 60s and 70s. that would be nice.

4. mktitsworth

mktitsworth Senior member

I like that it's supposed to cool down in B'more, and here in Dallas it's 54.

1 person likes this.
  5. Liam O

Liam O Senior member

Slept through class today (because I stayed up way too late to get all the readings done). Between that and having been unemployed for over a month for the first time since I was 15, I'm feeling like a massive slacker lately.

6. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

weather be cray cray, son.

7. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

One of the things I'm bad at in life is worrying about fires. Every time I leave my condo, I check two or three times to make sure I haven't done anything that might cause a fire. Often I get all the way downstairs, and then I come back up to check again.

Now that it's getting cool, I'll probably start having to use my heater soon. And what do you think the symbol is on my thermostat that tells me the heater is on? Yes, it is a flame. Now I'm going to believe subconsciously that a fire is blazing in my home when I am gone.

8. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

One of the things I'm bad at in life is worrying about fires. Every time I leave my condo, I check two or three times to make sure I haven't done anything that might cause a fire. Often I get all the way downstairs, and then I come back up to check again.

I have the same paranoia with switching the oven off when I leave my house...

I have to check two or three times..

9. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Yep, Pecan Lodge. My go-to place is Lockhart Smokehouse in the Bishops Art District.

I'm lusting after some fatty brisket w/ extra burnt ends right now :drool:.

Too bad my car's in the shop. I'm practically stranded.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
  10. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

Fucking salesmen. This guy cold called last week, visited our facility, and our receptionist allowed him to drop off some materials, though obviously she didn't let him see me. He left a handwritten note, which I allowed to impress me, so I gave him an opening: I told him I admired his doggedness, but that he should direct future correspondence to another person (whom I copied on the note), and not to me.

He follows up with an e-mail totally ignoring that instruction and insisting it's critical he meets with the business owner.

Then he calls me today like we're old friends; he must have lied to get through the switchboard to me.

I bit his head off.

I open the fucking door for you and you try to take a mile? Fuck you, goodbye.

1 person likes this.
  11. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Purported apology/renewed attempt in 3...2...1...

1 person likes this.
  12. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

it took til 4:18 for the e-mail to arrive, LD, but there it is now in my inbox

:facepalm:

1 person likes this.
  13. donjuan17

donjuan17 Senior member

It is now the second day of migraines and nausea. I've been locked in my room and fuck everything.
    I also haven't gathered the strength to get up and eat so I've been fasting since two days ago.
    I usually fast when I'm sick but I'm not one to get migranes so i have no idea if the same concept applies.

14. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

I'm pretty sure not eating isn't helping your cause.

Eat some food.

Pop some excedrin.

Book an appointment with your doctor.

1 person likes this.
  15. otc

otc Senior member

I think I was getting a migraine last night...but it was late and I didn't want to pop some caffeine filled Excedrin migraine...

God was that a mistake. And +1 to the not eating...I am pretty sure that was what triggered it (and sometimes I suspect dehydration). I hadn't eaten all day other than some cereal (more than for a normal breakfast...but not enough to make up for lunch) and I started getting funny vision at about 9:45 as the food was coming out of the oven.

Would have been better to be a awake a bit more from some extra caffeine rather than to still be awake, sitting up, trying not to vomit.

16. donjuan17

donjuan17 Senior member

Last thing i had was cereal as well. Coisidence? I think not!

17. donjuan17

donjuan17 Senior member

A quick google search just showed me that by fasting I've actually been making it worse.

18. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

You had to google that? Please stop posting amd having sex.

19. donjuan17

donjuan17 Senior member

I've only ever had one other migrane and it was because i got kicked in the temple so i am very unfamiliar with how to treat one.

I usually fast to help cure a cold and it is very effective. I just thought the same concept could be applied.
    Thanks for your useless comment tho. That was the highlight of my day.

20. otc

otc Senior member

Are you sure it is a migraine? I didn't think you get migraines from getting kicked in the head. I think the name for that pain is "Some asshole kicked me in the head and it hurts".

The excedrin migraine bottle says you aren't supposed to take it unless a doctor has diagnosed your migraines...but I am pretty sure I get them occasionally and I go ahead and take it.