• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ordered a MTM shirt at the beginning of november, was told it would take a maximum of four weeks.
Returned to the shop two weeks later to have alternations made to one of my earlier shirts and am told the new shirt will arrive december 3rd.
Went there on the 5th and neither the new shirt was around nor the one that should be altered was finished.
Apologies, they would get both shirts ready asap and call.
No call till last thursday.
I call and am told the new shirt has still not arrived but will be there by saturday 100%.
Lucky for them I wasn't able to go there saturday as my call five minutes ago tells me the shirt is still not there.

Right, delays can happen but I am pissed they go on telling me when to pick up my shirts but aren't able to meet their own schedule and even worse wont call to tell me.
Both tailors in the shop who take measurements and discuss details with the customers are professional, friendly and helpful but those women at the reception desk are ******* incapable of doing their job.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm suppose to be in NY for Christmas, I haven't booked my ticket.

I refuse to pay 700+ USD for a ticket I have paid 300 USD for before.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i think it has been 2 weeks, and this horrible cough will not go away. :(

gonna see the doc tomorrow.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Stitch, are you still smoking? If so might want to think about that. Hope the cough gets better.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Race-day is in four weeks, after this cold my mojo is slowly starting to return, but my indifference continues to grow. I'll be hanging up the spikes after this one, and maybe going at it again in 2014.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Stitch, are you still smoking? If so might want to think about that. Hope the cough gets better.

indeed not. this cough has got me to quit. thanks!

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Second best thing I ever did was quit, best thing was replying to LC's facebook message.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Second best thing I ever did was quit, best thing was replying to LC's facebook message.

awwwww.

yeah, its nice not be a slave to the old smokey but damn im gonna miss them.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

awwwww.
yeah, its nice not be a slave to the old smokey but damn im gonna miss them.

I've known a lot of people who've quit for a long period of time, but then started again. Keep being vigilant.

I quit ten years ago, but just yesterday I was walking behind a guy who was smoking and for a split second I thought I should too. It's just amazing how strong a hold that habit can get over you.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Suicide season in South Korea. Found out today a former student killed herself.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I've known a lot of people who've quit for a long period of time, but then started again. Keep being vigilant.
I quit ten years ago, but just yesterday I was walking behind a guy who was smoking and for a split second I thought I should too. It's just amazing how strong a hold that habit can get over you.

Yeah, I'm with you. Smoked sophomore to senior year in high school. Quit all 4 years of undergrad. Started smoking in grad school. I probably haven't smoked in the past 2 years until recently. I've been smoking a little, like half a pack every week.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

yeah, i have been on and off for the past 10 years. biggest off being maybe about 2 years. i dont think the urge ever goes away.

Congrats, fella!

thanks! but its a long road.

Yeah, I'm with you. Smoked sophomore to senior year in high school. Quit all 4 years of undergrad. Started smoking in grad school. I probably haven't smoked in the past 2 years until recently. I've been smoking a little, like half a pack every week.

see, i wish i could do that forever. just smoke 2 - 4 a day, but it always ends up being like half a pack a day for me once i get in the habit.

Suicide season in South Korea. Found out today a former student killed herself.

:( really sorry to hear that, clag.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Good on ya, Stitch. Keep it up.

yeah, i have been on and off for the past 10 years. biggest off being maybe about 2 years. i dont think the urge ever goes away.

It doesn't.

I quit over nine years ago, and I still miss it (though I loved smoking). It gets much, much easier with time, but it never completely goes away.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads