1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Distinguished Member

jesus... I'm reading about what happened at the CT school... 20 (maybe more) little children shot dead in a mass killing. :(

yesterday night I was walking out of my place and this little kid was playing tag and was going to run out onto the street. I live on a one way street and sometimes drivers get lazy and just drive in reverse and back out onto the through street (instead of driving around the block). I saw a car driving in reverse pretty quickly and the kid (didn't notice/assumed it was clear since it was a one way street) about to run out and get hit. I yell at the kid to stop and watch out for the car at the top of my lungs (neighbors actually came out to see the commotion). The kid stopped and the car stopped inches away from each other, but shit if know- i have no idea if my yelling would've helped anyway. The kid looked back at me and said "thank you" and kept on playing.

now reading about this mass killing of children has me broken up about how quickly things can change. especially when younger people are the ones dying.

2. Thomas

Thomas Stylish Dinosaur

oh, holy cow. oh jeez. wtf.

3. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

seriously. effing disgusting. no words.

do you work in pBs office?

4. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Stylish Dinosaur

I was in a really good mood too. Now I have two weeks on gun control arguments to look forward to in CE.

5. Bhowie

Bhowie Stylish Dinosaur

Thanks for the support.

Update: so my company isn't going to fuck me and dump me. Worst case the position is gone and they'll give me 60 days and a bonus on top of my '12'Q4 bonus. So I'm not financially boned. I'm voluntarily paying spouse support while my wife is in school that coupled with more than half of my money growing legs and walking away has put a lot of financial stress on me.

Best case my position is still around. That said I don't like my boss and he doesn't like me. However, he acknowledges how fucked my market would be without me. We would go from 150 units to 30 units within a few months. He doesn't like how I do business, but he knows I'm good at what I do. And I am very good at what I do.

My VP, different than my direct boss, told me I've outgrown our brand for this market. He Told me I should start looking elsewhere because I'd make a bigger difference and make more money. Also said to send him my résumé and he would send it out to help me look around. I'd like to get a job selling booze just to bars and restaurants for a spirit company with a diverse portfolio. Ideally in NYC, LA, or Miami. I don't have many relationships in those markets and that's a problem.

I talked to my mother for the first time in over 2 months. That was good, I guess. My friends convinced me I was being stubborn about something. So I reluctantly called her. Status quo. I'm the kind of person that can write someone off and never talk to them again. I was fully prepared to do this with her. I did it with my sister whom I haven't spoken to in 2 years.

Thanks again guys.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2012

6. JayJay

JayJay Stylish Dinosaur

^^^Bhowie, glad things are looking up.

Connie, hang in there.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2012

7. acidboy

acidboy Stylish Dinosaur

tl;dr

j/k... good luck brah.

+++++++

woke up and read the news about the school shooting. too too sad and tragic. Christmas won't be coming this year in Newton, CT :(

8. zissou

zissou Distinguished Member

^It was pretty hard to not start crying in the middle of the grocery store this evening. You just don't shoot little kids.

9. Rambo

Rambo Stylish Dinosaur

Last night was a bad night. I don't know if it was the collective malaise and despair with the shooting, just my normal problems, or a combination of both but it was not good.

Today can only be better.

10. munchausen

munchausen Distinguished Member

Can't find my phone. Can't even call it because the battery is dead. My house is so small, how does this happen?

11. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Stylish Dinosaur

Sending good thoughts your way.

12. Fang66

Fang66 Stylish Dinosaur

Cheer up Brian.

13. Lady Canuker

Lady Canuker Distinguished Member

I know exactly how you feel yesterday was the worst day I've had in a while. Sending positive thoughts and energy your way.

14. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Stylish Dinosaur

open bar at boss' holiday party + terrible nightlife in dallas where cabs are non-existent after 4 am + walking home for 2 hours =

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

:facepalm:

Last edited: Dec 15, 2012

15. CalTex

CalTex Distinguished Member

That sucks. Time to clean and polish the shoes.