1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Rambo

Rambo Stylish Dinosaur

jesus man, that sounds depressing as fuck. if you need an ear to bend i'm here for you.

2. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Pics or GTFO

3. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

so sorry conne. i hope you find a way to have a happy holiday with your family. i think you will.

4. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Stylish Dinosaur

Take care Conne. This too shall pass.

5. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Distinguished Member

Join the club!

6. acidboy

acidboy Stylish Dinosaur

dear customer,

you do know that I'm almost always at my office, and if not I'm just probably doing some stuff in the factory floor. so if you think it's not a good idea to call my office number up during my lunch break, then it's also absolutely not a good idea to keep bothering me during my lunch break by calling my cellphone. and its also not cool to call me up at 7 in the evening and I'm having dinner with the kids. specially if your measly purchases are a fucking waste of my time and then you expect it to be delivered first thing tomorrow morning. fuck you.

love,
    your favorite supplier

Last edited: Dec 13, 2012

7. E TF

E TF Senior Member

Well there is plenty of that. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt though - it's difficult to get your tone across in text. Sometimes I write a post which I intend to be helpful and sincere but when I read it back it comes across as snarky or douchy. So most of the time I just don't bother.

edit: think I just read the posts you were taking about. I don't give him the benefit of the doubt.

---

I'm joining the anti christmas/holidays club. I've got such a stupid extended family, various members of whom aren't on speaking terms, and yet they all expect me to host them, and to fit in with their schedules, which means this year we are doing four separate days, which takes up a lot of time, preparation, effort and money, little of which will be appreciated. I'm just fed up with it: next year I'm booking two weeks in the Caribbean with the wife and they can all sort themselves out. Mind you, I said that last year and here we are again.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2012

8. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Stylish Dinosaur Dubiously Honored

My grandmother also passed recently. She used to always give me an envelope with $100 in it at Christmas. It would be nice in memory of her if my father handed me the same style envelope with my inheritence check in it. :slayer:

9. Thomas

Thomas Stylish Dinosaur

Feeling ya. November and December are rough months in our household as well. Thanksgiving was the big heartbreak for us: my grandfather passed a week before Thanksgiving 20 years ago (also a week before his 50th wedding anniversary), and Thanksgiving was never nearly as festive again until we started hosting it ourselves. Which reminds me, I've not been out to pay my respects for a while. :(

But remember this: at some point the holidays will be about the good memories rather than the loss.

Speaking of, I've got to have a Talk with my father about what the hell is he going to do about that ranch he never visits and is getting too infirm to deal with, and also whether he has a plan for taking care of my brother after he goes.

And there's one other thing which is sad but also a relief but I'll tell you about it some other time.

10. Lady Canuker

Lady Canuker Distinguished Member

So sorry you are going through this Conne. It's never easy to celebrate a holiday while feeling the loss of a much loved family member.

11. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Conne, sorry to hear this but remember there's little alcohol can't fix. ;)

Try and have a good holiday season.

12. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Stylish Dinosaur Dubiously Honored

Style forum won't let me load more subscriptions more than once for some reason. I would post this in Trans Mod, but I need to load more subscriptions to get to it. :(

13. A Canuker

A Canuker Distinguished Member

Asshats who do shite like today's school shooting piss me off. That's a lame story and has put me off the work day.

14. Gibonius

Gibonius Stylish Dinosaur

:plain: Someone down the hall is intermittently shouting profanities :plain:

15. otc

otc Stylish Dinosaur

Felt tired and had a little bit of a headache when I woke up. Was feeling a little woozy on the bus to work but figured I would be fine. Made it until noon feeling unpleasant but otherwise ok...and then I threw up in my office.

Feel totally fine now though...