1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

I am not that bad but it's just constant discomfort and the burning eyes and headache, oy. It seems to be getting worse each year so there's that to look forward to!

2. donjuan17

donjuan17 Senior member

The same happened recently with my grandmother and I felt Terrible for not feeling bad.
    I was actually the only one who didn't talk to her on her death bed. Everyone else, uncles and even cousins and just everyone spoke and got advice from her, but I was the only prick who didn't take time to call.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
  3. StephenHero

StephenHero Senior member

I haven't seen her for roughly 10-12 years, which is way more than not showing up for the demoralizing swan song at the hospice. In the time since I've seen her, she's actually been sky-diving (at 80 years old or so), so it's not as if she wasn't able to have a part in my life for mental or physical reasons until recently. I always felt fondly for her when I'd see her at a young age. I just kind of accepted at a much earlier age that for whatever reason, my parents weren't particularly keen to make her a big part of my life, which roughly started when my grandpa died. I've heard some vague rumors about all my aunts and uncles fighting after his death over something related to it, but I don't have much will to figure it out. My dad was also paying for her retirement housing the last 3-4 years, which is also really puzzling, because I get the impression he hasn't spoken to her in the time frame, nor is he going to the funeral. Weird or sad, I don't know...

4. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

Kinda similar for me SH. My gma died in May. Hadn't really been with "her" in a decade bc of dementia/alzheimers. Not the same as your situation, but a similarly strange feeling upon her death. Are you sad? Sure. But does it really affect any part pf your existence? Nope. And personally i didn't knkw if i should feel bad about, well, not really feeling bad.

5. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

but i hear once you get old and your immune system starts to slack off anyways, your allergies back off. yay for that right?

6. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

G, glad the G's are okay. That's scary shit!

SH, sorry to hear about the GM no matter the surrounding situation.

I'm just pissed off at the 13 hour workday and no energy to practice guitar before tomorrow's lesson.

7. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Better one tomorrow, bro.

1 person likes this.
  8. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

glad mrs. g and lower case g are alright. really glad.

pissing me off today: my new business looks like its gonna fold up by year end. one partner wants to join a much bigger group and wants us to join him albeit be part of the minority. another one is sure not to join so we're gonna dissolve it by december. too bad, we made pretty good headway in the market.

9. Alter

Alter Senior member

Sorry to hear that! I was looking forward to you coming over here for a biz trip.

10. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

G, glad everyone is ok.

SH, condolences.

11. Liam O

Liam O Senior member

Blah. this forcing myself to do 100 pushups before I eat my breakfast sucks. I better look like the T1000 in like three weeks or I'm a be pissed.

12. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

Yeah that's prolly not going to happen

13. donjuan17

donjuan17 Senior member

Do the hundred pull-up challenge!

14. Liam O

Liam O Senior member

Would, unfortunately there's nowhere for a pull up bar here. I used to have one in my room, could knock out 60 in a row (at age 17). I'd be happy if I could get back up to 30, and right now, I doubt I can do 10.

@indesertum: that's not the only thing I'm doing, I just noticed I was getting a little pudgy around the middle since I started eating normally, and decided I'd rather get more exercise than lower my caloric intake again. 185cm and 65 kilo is NOT okay.

15. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

oh I'm still planning to go there on vacation once the dust has settled. maybe next year.

1 person likes this.
  16. donjuan17

donjuan17 Senior member

Can't you get the detachable kind on the doorframe? They go for like 35$

17. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

A lot of public parks have mini outside gyms with pull up bars etc., isn't there a metal laundry frame thing in the yard.

My left hand has been hurting like shit for the last couple months now, went to get it X-rayed and ultra sounded a couple weeks back and then the doctor tells me, oh you need surgery.

Got a referral and the hospital called last week while my flu was at death con 800, which led to a great conversation, me half a sleep and her asking questions, oh and I need another exam before they can put me on a <8 month waiting list.

18. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

Liam I don't get it... at 185 and 65 how could you possibly be pudgy?

1 person likes this.
  19. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Skinny fat

2 people like this.
  20. donjuan17

donjuan17 Senior member