• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My throat has been scratchy and sore for the past 2 days. Hope this goes away by Friday.

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really sorry to hear that L'in. This phase always comes too soon, even though we think we can prepare for it. Here's to hoping that some therapy might give her the will to elave some more 'catty' remarks here.....

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Thanks to everyone for the kind words. Unfortunately, I got some very bad, but not entirely unexpected, news. Her kidneys are failing pretty badly and her red blood cell count is dangerously low. Also, she's been quite lethargic today and her appetite is poor. Even in the best case scenario, I don't think I'm going to have her much longer.
As some of you know, I'm sort of a weepy person. I've been doing plenty of that today.

I'm so sorry to hear this L'Inc.

My throat has been scratchy and sore for the past 2 days. Hope this goes away by Friday.

Mine has too, I've been coughing up thick phlegm and lately it's gone from glue-like to chunky. However, I'm digging the Barry White voice I'm now sporting.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Mine has too, I've been coughing up thick phlegm and lately it's gone from glue-like to chunky. However, I'm digging the Barry White voice I'm now sporting.

i just got over that. but i always have a sexy barry white type voice. well, on the internet that is.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear your cat is not doing well, L'Incandescent. It's a difficult realization to come to.

Holy Mother of God. I woke up in the middle of the night with the most intense pain in my neck. I don't know what I did, but it hurts so bad I could cry. I can't even swallow a sip of coffee without it hurting. My 9:45 chiropractor appointment cannot come soon enough.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Thanks to everyone for the kind words. Unfortunately, I got some very bad, but not entirely unexpected, news. Her kidneys are failing pretty badly and her red blood cell count is dangerously low. Also, she's been quite lethargic today and her appetite is poor. Even in the best case scenario, I don't think I'm going to have her much longer.
As some of you know, I'm sort of a weepy person. I've been doing plenty of that today.

Really sorry to hear this, L'in. This happened to my cat when I was in college. She was 21 and had a wonderful happy life.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

While I can't say I know what you are going through, having never been in that situation, I can say she is fortunate to have a son who gives a damn. Best of luck to you.

getting old sucks. hope she gets the best care.

Thanks for the kind words. I've managed to straighten out the disaster she caused, so that's settled. I am happy to help, but it's hard to keep a smile when interacting with a critical and overbearing parent who, ironically, hasn't taken care of herself for the past 30 years. The worst part is, she has no money, so who knows what kind of living she could afford.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
courtesy of my dog... :fu:

Last edited:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Moscots are overplayed anyhow.

I am just pissy because I dripped coffee down my leg and onto my shoe.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm pissed at my wife. She makes this huge announcement that we spend too much on clothes alteration/repair and dog sweaters/jackets :foo: (90% all her clothes/ decisions for dog stuff). then follows up this announcement that she's going to be doing all our alterations and making the dog's jackets and proceeds to buy a sewing machine, and material/textiles/supplies (which turns out to be ******* expensive and a total bummer to shop for - going to places like Michael's arts supply and fabric stores is depressing as ****).

did I mention she has absolutely no training in how to sew? when the hell did she think she'd have time to learn how to sew anyways? We are about to go on a huge road trip to the south (maybe also scouting for places to move soon) and I mention how maybe she can cut some of my old pants into shorts... and she ends up taking 3 pairs of pants to the dry cleaners/tailors to have them hemmed/cut. :facepalm:

I'm actually pretty excited that she wanted to learn something very "domesticated wife-ly" (since she doesn't cook, know how to clean a house, ect) do but this is just such a :foo: situation.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads