1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. CalTex

CalTex Distinguished Member

What don't you get?

He was walking and the whale decided to not be courteous. He said fawk the whales and tripped her.

2. lasbar

lasbar Stylish Dinosaur

Poetic justice..

3. Alter

Alter Distinguished Member

Fuuuuuuuu!

Going through M&A hell. I still haven't received my salary information under the new organization, a week after most of my colleagues have received theirs. At the same time I am being courted by some of the parent company's bigwigs to take on a management role in the new org but when I ask about salary they all say it is not up to them...talk to HR....even though most of them are HR.

4. nootje

nootje Distinguished Member

:D And our clients wonder why I warn them that post M&A integration NEVER goes as planned.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation, perhaps pay the guys at HR a visit in the flesh? Most of the times they really arent that helpful when on the phone, but will run when they have to deal with you physically..

5. Find Finn

Find Finn Stylish Dinosaur

Don't give family members money

6. Liam O

Liam O Distinguished Member

My manager is terrible. She's completely incompetent when it comes to handling people, and gets pissed off at me for not understanding instructions she delivers to coworkers in an incredibly complicated language I've been speaking for three months while I'm helping customers, and then holds me accountable for not having done tasks she never told me she wanted done. We were friends when I took this job, this is rapidly becoming not the case.

7. lasbar

lasbar Stylish Dinosaur

Unfriend her..

8. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

I say don't loan them money. Give it if you feel like it and can afford it.

9. E TF

E TF Senior Member

Yes I was just going to say the same thing: I'd never lend money to family members (or anyone else for that matter) - too much potential to sour a relationship. But I'm happy to give them it, no strings, if they're in need. Of course it's a different story if you know they're just going to waste it somehow...

It has happened twice recently (must be the recession) that female relatives of mine have had marriages come to an end, revealing that their deadbeat husbands have been wallowing in debt (and forced them to run up debt too). I was happy to help them both out. It pisses me off that one of the ex-husbands doesn't even pay child support and I effectively have to make up the slack - but I'm pissed off with him, not her. One recompense is that it reminds me how much better a person I am than him in every respect - and that he must know that too, deep down.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012

10. Liam O

Liam O Distinguished Member

At this point I make a point of only seeing her when our shifts overlap. If we hung out I'd say something.

Also, seriously wondering what the fuck I'm doing in this country. It has not been a good week.

11. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

something was lost at work. people were freaking out and bugging me all weekend. i come in this morning and solve the mystery within minutes. so annoying. people need to chill out.

12. Claghorn

Claghorn Stylish Dinosaur Dubiously Honored

It's all that time you spend StyFo-sleuthing. Practice makes perfect.

13. otc

otc Stylish Dinosaur

Last monday was the last day where I could change the amount going into my medical flex spending account for 2013.

Today I made an appointment for January that will blow through the entire amount I elected to put in the account...

14. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

:laugh: it is really more about keeping a level and logical head.

15. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Stylish Dinosaur

Yes. There is always talk of paying me back, but I have no expectation and I don't apply any kind of pressure.