Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. otc

otc Senior member

When I got my new work computer, I lost access to a local version of our time entry software. In order to have to purchase less user licenses, I would have to use the time entry software as a published application on Citrix. Not a huge deal--I have to log in and click on it instead of just running it on my computer, but otherwise it ran pretty much like a normal program.

Now they have removed it from the list of published applications. Apparently some users had problems (I saw them too but they were minor for non-dumb people...things like not automatically opening in the home screen so you have to click the button for the home screen)...

Now I have to log into citrix, load up a full citrix desktop, log in to that, then go find the time software in the start menu, log into that, and then enter my time. I used to think it didn't make any sense to have my admin enter my time for me since it would take as long to type it out in an email to her as it would to just type it into the software...but now I am seriously reconsidering it.

A small fee is better than a large fee! It sounds like froggy is going to deal with a real bounce ("returned check") rather than just an overdraft :(

Last edited: Dec 3, 2012

2. MrG

MrG Senior member

Yeah, I think savings was an option, too. I don't remember why I decided on using a credit card, but I know there was some reason it was a better idea. I'm 95% certain my bank doesn't charge if I end up overdrafting this way. At the very least, it's a hell of a lot cheaper than overdraft fees.

You also know a guy who doesn't know how to operate a breaker.

3. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

Exactly - that's the one part of this operation that I'm confident I know how to do.

4. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Unscrew the bulbs.

5. Lady Canuker

Lady Canuker Senior member

Sucks warm healthy thoughts energy coming your way.

Terrible loss and so sorry it is a part of your world Conne. Thoughts are with you and yours as well as the families of those lost so tragically.

Wouldn't you like to know and thank the Gods the accident wasn't much worse!

6. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

I definitely love living in an urban neighborhood, but one disadvantage is that I can't take a walk without passing people with clipboards wanting my money for this or that. Not only do they want money, but they want me to commit on the spot to regular monthly donations. There's no way in hell I'm going to agree to that.

I did give the person a one-time donation today. She said "We recommend a donation of X." I said "I am not going to give you X." But I did give her a pretty good sum of money.

7. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Yeah.. I mean I do make a conscious effort to regulate my cash flows and I've done well up until this one point in maintaining a 'safe' balance in cash.

I considered selling a share but the funds from trading activity don't settle until 4-6 days so it'd be moot. The only way to get the funds immediately available for withdrawal is through a wire transfer, so I actually called up my dad to ask him to wire me money for rent (lol.. I felt so ashamed making that phone call) but it was such a ridiculous process that resulted in my having to play phone tag between two financial institutions, both of which made me transfer through three departments with 5 minute hold times. MOST.FRUSTRATING.EXPERIENCE.EVER.

Mind you, I was racing against time because the lady at my leasing office said that checks typically clear before Noon (central time), and I was on the phone with my banks trying to get a wire set up before that time and it just wasn't going anywhere.

So, I just gave up and then I got the idea of using my brokerage account's margin lending, so I called them up and I borrowed against my brokerage account to transfer the funds to my checkings accounts. So now I have a margin balance for rent that's going to incur like.. $1 of interest.

WIN!

The only real problem, now, is whether my apartment's company actually tried to deposit my check just yet. The funds just got transferred to my checkings account 15 minutes ago, so if they attempted to deposit it before that.. well, I'll still get hit with the bounce penalty fee and all of this time and effort will have been for nothing.. but crossing my fingers at this point hoping that they still haven't attempted to deposit it.

LESSON LEARNED JESUS CHRIST NEVER AGAIN.

8. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

See how much better it would be if you were lactose intolerant?

9. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

i know a lot of guys

thanks. :)

10. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

Give a man a fish...

11. otc

otc Senior member

Go to bank. Use ATM outside bank to take a cash advance from your CC. Walk inside bank and deposit cash (to make sure the amount is available immediately). Pay off credit card balance as soon as paycheck hits,

Cash advance interest rates are obscene, but they don't really matter much on a 1-day timeframe.

Keep coming back with excuses, I'll keep hitting back with solutions :slayer:

12. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Thanks for the assistance sir but I resolved the situation on my own completely :slayer:

Company hasn't tried to deposit my check yet and the funds are sitting safely in my checkings account, waiting to be withdrawn.

Just incurred a margin balance in my brokerage account for my rent and it'll be paid off on Thursday. According to my calculations, the interest I'll have to pay for that is $0.067.

Completely avoided the bounce penalty fee -- WIN.

I feel so sleazy after having gone through all this... but now I'm starting to realize how freaking cheap it is to buy securities on margin... :devil:

13. MrG

MrG Senior member

Am I the only one who thinks this whole exercise was the perfect illustration of why people dog consultants for overcomplicating the simplest tasks?

14. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

glad you enjoyed our services. your bill will be forthcoming in the mail.

15. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member