1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

im gonna leave most of those replies alone.

he didnt make bums, he made free choice. but i think you were just making ze joke.

you're not the only one with that struggle. lots of people just say, "have a meaningful fast," its an appropriate remark. as it is the jewish day of judgement, there is a hebrew phrase that translates into, "may your judgement be sealed for good." i usually go with that. anyhow, thank you for your thoughts. i appreciate it.

2. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

This showed up in my inbox today: [​IMG]*
    Unfortunately, the fact that their concert is being promoted by a discount ticket site suggests that L'Incandescent's tastes may not be as universally shared (less popular) than we may have assumed.
    But L'Inc, should you decide to travel here to see them (as well as the former home of the Rams) I would gladly buy you a beer (my treat) before the show.
    Also, not to turn this into the live music thread, but Kwilk: just bought tickets to see B.B. King (also older than me) in December.

*If the full image came through, you would see that they are playing at the Saban Theater in Beverly Hills (same venue as B.B., coincidentally) in about two weeks, and tickets with a $38 face value are being offered at $16-$20.50 on Goldstar.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  3. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

I like working, and usually my complaints about work are silly inconveniences and weird coworker related, but I can honestly say that the past few weeks have an utter shitshow. It isn't even shitty, it is just plain absurd and that, imo, is the worst. I couldn't have ever conceived of such absurdity. I pretty much want stab myself in the asshole with a fork repeatedly. That would actually be less absurd, that is how bad it is.

4. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

And you would thoroughly enjoy that alternate scenario.

5. patrickBOOTH

6. patrickBOOTH

My boss went to a meeting hours ago and I haven't heard from her. If I leave "on time" I am going to have a feeling when she resurfaces she will be pissed I'm not around. Not sure whether to just leave or not...

7. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Thanks, Globe and Stitch, for the advice.
    I hope you both have a meaningful fast.

1 person likes this.
  8. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

I bet when Stitchy fasts the revenues for kosher fast food in the B-more area take a 17% dive.

1 person likes this.
  9. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

I want to go into healthcare management side of things. The plan is to go to medical school eventually but I want work experience across the healthcare industry first and I felt that the best way to do that would be to get into consulting specializing in healthcare. Only it's kind of late and I don't have the relevant work experience which I feel like is a big ding.

I'm at a Deloitte event now. Hopefully something good comes out of it.

Thanks mr. G and conne. I appreciate it

10. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

i can't fucking stand website ads that think it'll be cool to "take over the entire website with a neat graphic" as you're trying to read it.

http://www.nydailynews.com currently has that going on right now in full force. fuck them.

2 people like this.
  11. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

12. otc

otc Senior member

[​IMG]

Curse these airplanes.

13. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

What the hell is that??

14. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

thanks, ld!

dude. they are closed on jewish holidays. no $ lost.

15. binge

binge Senior member

And the increasing use of them for longer and longer routes.

16. StephenHero

StephenHero Senior member

I'm sick of Syria. It's time for a new Middle Eastern country to devolve into civil war.

1 person likes this.
  17. otc

otc Senior member

A crj700. But you are a little Asian dude so you might not be familiar with the horrors.

18. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

You need to decide if you plan to be a practitioner or manager. Two things here. First is becoming a doctor is physically demanding. Internship is not as bad as it was even ten years ago but ask any of the docs here the physical/mental demands of med school and internship. Second, you don't go from consultant to hospital administrator or COO of an integrated system.

Here's some thoughts from my end. Go become the administrator of an ambulatory surgery center or something like that. I'm out of touch with what that pays these days by I know 15 years ago is was 90-120k depending on size and what market you're in. Or get yourself into a boutique hospital company like Health South or Kindred LTACs.

1 person likes this.
  19. otc

otc Senior member

The worst part is...my flight out to houston last night was on a fully packed 757. Flight back tonight has me crammed next to a child on a CRJ700.

20. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

I would come out there to see the Gin Blossoms no two ways about it. There's just one worry that is preventing me from booking the flight right now: I fear that if I go out there, the Rams might get word of my plans and follow me. What if they don't come back to St. Louis? I don't want to be the person responsible for the Rams leaving town. I would become a villain of St. Louis and also wouldn't be able to watch the Rams anymore.