1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

yes roku is superior. most of the ps3 people i know have a roku (or an appleTV). also when you get that PS4 you can just move the roku to the bedroom.

(be sure to know what tv you have in the bedroom though because the roku3 is only hdmi cable, the other roku models have other legacy ports as well). I've heard the roku 2 HD is almost as good and is like $20 cheaper too (with legacy ports).

2. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

plus through Plex you can stream shows from your laptop.

yup that means pirated movies/shows too. but more than that plex lets you view sites like youtube/vimeo/hulu (not plus) and other stuff that has video playback

Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
  3. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

We currently have two Rokus (living room and exercise room) and I plan to add a third in the guest house. They are the schiznitt and I hate paying any money I do not have to for cable.

4. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

the guitarist I really like isn't with the band anymore (nor your show). such a shame, I'll probably never end up seeing them again.

5. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

+1 on the Roku. Our Blu-Ray player can stream netflix and such, but the Roku is just so fucking simple and awesome, we never used the Blu-Ray streaming. If our Roku broke, I'd just go back out and buy a new one instead of the blu-ray system, I have too much appreciation for the tiny remote that has like 3 buttons and nothing else.

6. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

the roku3 remote has an option to listen through headphones. this is super underrated as a feature (although its awkwardly placed in the side of the remote) because you can listen to shows privately and not bother kids/neighbors/ect . plus the remote works through wifi so you don't need to point it at the roku.

7. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

that's awesome. I think ours is the 2HD. It was actually a christmas gift from my inlaws, they bought like 10 and gave them to everybody as kind of a nicer stocking stuffer. EASILY the gift we've used the most since then, I praise their brilliant thinking.

8. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

Yeah I've never been a huge fan but hey if it's free...and it's never a good sign when a band is on the corporate conference circuit. Case in point: this year's band is Green Day.

9. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

I was. You had to have been the limper that I saw.

#SmallTimerProblems

I just called a monsignor, "father". I'm a moran.

10. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

That is awesome. So the remote picks up wifi?

11. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

yup the roku3 remote works using wifi instead of infrared. i'll use my own earbuds with it and listen to MLB games (with MLB.tv) or pandora around the house or even in my yard when I walk my dogs at night. i'll get the dogs go to the back yard with the dogs and listen to the game while they do their thing.

yeah I actually didn't see the point of roku/appleTV. but my friend was helping me move into the new house (while my wife was away for two weeks for business/vacation) and bought one for me. He basically said: dude just use.. it you'll see.

now I've got one in each guest room.

disclaimer: you do need to have things like amazon prime/netflix and preferably HBO (or someone with a HBO password), and MLB.tv or NFL (i heard they give you the NFL league pass for free with madden) to see how awesome roku is.

12. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

:(

13. MrG

MrG Senior member

Well, it seems the PS3 was prematurely declared dead. I have no idea what changed, but I tested it one last time, and it seems to be running fine (I'm watching a movie right now). Now after all this research and input on sweet Blu-ray players and Roku, it appears that I have a functioning PS3 (at least for the time being), which means there's no need to drop coin on new technology.

Yay?

14. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

Any of you guys ever question what you do?

I mean, fack. My sister is getting her PhD in nursing so she can teach hundreds of people someday to save lives. My best friend is getting his Master's is public policy and labor so he can (regardless of individual political views) help positively impact the lives of people.

I sell beer for a living. I'm really good at it, but for fucks sake, what good does it do? What value to society does it add? I pissed away my college years chasing a dumb girl and then doing nothing. "Oooh hey, check out this beer. It's really yummy." What a fucking life.

Even on this site- conne helps people at his govt desk job. MrG fights for people. Flmm fights for people. Piob brings care to people who need it. Larry is a friggin doctor. I tell people to buy a beer. Yay.

15. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

every single day. I wish I sold beer.

16. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

17. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

the grass always appears greener. really.

3 people like this.
  18. BrooksLauren77

BrooksLauren77 Senior member

You help people get a nice buzz drinking tasty beer, thats something to me, now give me some of that beer.

19. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

Shut up.

1 person likes this.
  20. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

White shirt, gray pantas and brown museum JL luffields in the Recoleta district. I'm sure I stood out in the sea of locals in their Etiqueta Negra. You owe me a beer, biatch

Yes, but not in the way you are. I am not long for the corporate world, tbh. I make a great living, and have been both blessed/lucky as well as justly rewarded for the work I've done. But I knew that I could not deal with the bullshit, politics, and inanity forever, and my breaking point is approaching. Working on my exit strategy now.