1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

I don't know which man you are talking about in the quote above, but it ain't L'Incandescent, I can tell you that straight up!

Not only do I enjoy Music from the Elder, I enjoy the unreleased demos from that record. (The original version of Dark Light, which was called Don't Run, is wonderful. "You got courage, girl / so use some of it / I don't mean like, you know, you've gotta be tough or something.")

Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
  2. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

Such poetry brings a tear to my eye (crying).

Also, I have to think this is the greatest KISS live song ever.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

3. L'Incandescent

You did not choose Peter's best vocal performance, to be sure.
    The promoter for that show demanded that KISS play with at least three original members. Gene and Paul pleaded with Ace to do it, but he refused. So they were stuck with Peter, of whom they did not want to play with.

Also, I believe Ace Frehley's lyrics should be taught in poetry and creative writing classes throughout the United States, and perhaps even throughout the world.

4. edinatlanta

Make our dreams a reality. (Not your field, but still your perch [type of job] could help)

1 person likes this.
  5. L'Incandescent

I would have given you a thumbs up for the use of brackets alone. Maybe erictheobscure can pick up the mantle and run with it (or however the idiom goes).

6. edinatlanta

I'll give you a thumbs up because I'm just that kinda guy (nice).

7. L'Incandescent

The bookstore at my university is really awful. For one class, they only need to order 6 copies of a book, and they couldn't even manage that. (It is an extremely famous book, not hard to acquire.) But what's annoying me even more is that students are using that as an excuse not to do the readings. It's 2013 for crying out loud, you have very easy access to books other than through your campus bookstore.

8. Zachgranstrom

Zachgranstrom Senior member

This seems to be a common thing because last year I had a professor complain about the same thing on the first day of class.

Anyway, I thankfully have no reason to shop at the bookstore since I buy everything online before classes start.

9. RedLantern

RedLantern Senior member

I'm sure you have your book list published in advance, but I remember stressing out that my profs would seldom post the required texts before the first day of class, so I was often forced to buy through the book store and demolish my meager student budget.

10. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

so what you're saying is that Tool fans are...tools?

I got face value tickets to the Who in Oakland by calling in at 9:05 the day the went on sale. I wound up with an extra and sold it on Stubhub for enough to cover all of the Ticketmaster upcharges on the rest of the tickets :slayer:

We had RHCP perform at our company's annual conference last year. It was free, it was a great show, and I was about 20' from the stage. :slayer:

11. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

Work has been a disaster this afternoon. Trying to unwind a big problem because a VIP clicked one wrong button in a program. :fu: :fu: :fu:

12. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

Haven't heard from l'incadescent's cat for awhile

13. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

jeesus basketball shoes are expensive these days.

I remember when spending $100 on basketball shoes mean you probably bought the top of the line Jordans or something.

I've been playing a lot recently and was the guy who played in old running shoes. So I go to the local shoe place and they say they have the perfect shoe for me, lightweight, low top, ect and I try them on and ask how much...

The motherucking Kobe bryant shoes cost $200. I fucking hate kobe bryant.

14. MrG

MrG Senior member

On This Lonely Road, Tryin' to Make it Home
    My PS3 gave the YLOD, thus taking away my ability to watch Blu-rays, stream video, and play video games. I don't really care about the video games part, since I haven't played much recently (and now have an excuse to buy a PS4 at some point), but we watch a good bit of Blu-ray and streaming video. Given I have (had) the PS3, I've never had to bother with buying a Blu-Ray player, which means I don't even know where to start.

15. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

I haven't had a BluRay/DVD player for months. I stream everything. There's obviously stuff I can only get on physical media, but I just add those titles to my watchlist. I'll get to 'em someday.

16. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

just get a roku 3 for the meantime. the 1080hd is outstanding. trust me its an awesome product. then the PS4 will come out and you can get that.

17. MrG

MrG Senior member

On This Lonely Road, Tryin' to Make it Home

It crossed my mind to pick up a streaming-only setup. I still have my old DVD player, so I'd be able to watch most stuff that's released exclusively on physical media (albeit at lower quality). However, looking at the Roku, it's just under $100, and it looks like I can get a pretty solid Blu-ray player with streaming capabilities for about $20 more. Aren't I just better off going with that for the extra $20? Then I can grab a PS4 at some point and use the Blu-ray player somewhere else.

Or is the Roku that superior?

18. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

She died.

I only know what YOLO means.

19. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Second the Roku. If you have Amazon Prime and Netflix you are golden.

1 person likes this.
  20. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Where? Are you in Buenos Aires?