1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 9: A MTM nylon MA-1 bomber from Falcon Garments

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a nylon MA-1 from Falcon garments. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

Every now and then I'll have this dream. I've never spoken with professors, however, it's more of a "aren't I supposed to be in this class?"

2. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Stylish Dinosaur

Okay, basically I just went in there and kicked some ass. (Sorry for my blunt language, but I get fired up when I complete the task to a high standard.)

3. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Stylish Dinosaur Dubiously Honored

Beard trim?

Pics, girlfriend!

4. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

just nicked the edges to keep it tidy. er, tidier, that is.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2012

5. L'Incandescent

I didn't take any photographs of my handiwork. It shouldn't matter, though, because I know in my heart that you are not a man of doubts.

6. L'Incandescent

C'mon guys, let's get some chatter goin'! Little bit of chatter!

7. Maximator

Maximator Senior Member

I'm here if you want to talk.

OnT My boss is pissing me off more than usual.

8. MrG

MrG Stylish Dinosaur

They are incredible. I've had my number stolen twice in the last year or two, and they always catch it before I do. That's saying something given I check my activity online very frequently.

Have you ever gotten the "confirm you made these purchases" phone call? We got one after we went on a spending spree post buying a house. They called my cell phone to be sure everything was legit.

I can kind of relate to this. Of the people at my level in my office, I have, by far, the most work. This is due to a mix of factors, including incompetence and inexperience among my coworkers (also, I'm pretty good at my job). The problem is that upper management doesn't care that I have twice as much work as everyone else, and, therefore, doesn't consider this when doling out new projects. The result is that I'm saddled with twice as much ongoing work and the same amount of new work as everyone else in my division. It has gotten so bad that my immediate supervisor, a middle manager, actually stated outright that I'm being treated unfairly. It's infuriating, but I do my best to remind myself that my immediate supervisor, the one who writes my reviews and will one day (hopefully soon) be a reference for a new job, is aware that this goes on (and is happy with my work).

This isn't entirely true, is it? I was thinking you could be held responsible, but the amount is relatively low. $50 is the number I had in my head, but I don't know if that's right.

9. otc

otc Stylish Dinosaur

Yeah, you can be liable for $50 but most credit cards eventually offered to cover it all (yay competition!)

I've had the opposite happen...I've had them just block the card instead of letting the purchases authorize and then calling me (and it popped some notice up on the store's machine that they should call a 1-800 number). It was really annoying actually.... It was almost a year after I graduated college, in the city where I live and went to college (and had thus lived in for 5 years at that point and done probably 95% of the spending on that card) and I was trying to buy a keg at a liquor store.

It was an incredibly long wait while the store called them on the phone...then I had to talk to them...and it was like
    "someone is trying to use your card in chicago"
    "Yes, that someone is me"
    "Your billing address is somewhere else"
    "So? I've lived here for longer than I have had this card and made thousands of dollars of purchases here without issue"
    "Someone is trying to make a large purchase at a liquor store"
    "Again, that is me, and it is not the first time"
    "Would you like us to change your billing address?"
    "I wasn't aware that I could only use this card in the state where you mail the bill"
    etc...

Took like half an hour to get out of the store with my keg. The one time I had real CC fraud, they didn't catch it and it was only because I happened to notice it (though honestly I barely noticed it...it looked like a textbook purchase from what was probably the billing name of some used-book vendor...but then I realized it was dated far too late in the quarter for me to have been buying any expensive textbooks...turned out to be Blurays of some crappy movies).

10. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

yup. usually when i make an online purchase that is out of the US.

who ends up footing the bill though? does the merchant lose the money? does the CC eat it? do they pass the buck to some kind of insurance company?

11. JayJay

JayJay Stylish Dinosaur

cc company covered all the fraudulent charges. I had to identify whether recent charges were legitimate or not, and then fill out a form. They made the process easy. In all of my cases the charges were made to companies outside the U.S., places I'd never traveled.

12. JayJay

JayJay Stylish Dinosaur

Mine was trimmed early this morning.

13. L'Incandescent

Did you trim it yourself or did you have someone else do it for you? My guess is the latter, given the passive voice construction of your sentence.

14. L'Incandescent

My Little League coach always emphasized the importance of getting some chatter going. From time to time I like to remind the people I'm dealing with to have a little chatter.

15. JayJay

JayJay Stylish Dinosaur

I did it myself. Looks good, I did a good job. :embar: