Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Call them out on their fb page. that's highly unprofessional and shows a lack of integrity on their part. Very worrying for a charity.

2. nootje

nootje Senior member

Give them a call, dont shit up the fb page.

Explain that you dont mind the photo being used in this manner and have no commercial interest in it, but would like to get credit for taking it.

3. why

why Senior member

My mother always used the phrase 'If you want something done, ask a busy person.'

4. fwiffo

fwiffo Senior member

I think I'm getting old. I don't know how I got hung over with five scotches and two glasses of wine. I guess the bonus is finding some bartender's e-mail in my jacket in the morning.

5. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

Heat gun and putty knife or scraper, then chemical stripper (if needed), give it plenty of time to work then scrape again, then solvent, then sand.

Be careful not to scorch the timber.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  6. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

Humble brag, I think there's a thread for that.

7. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

big fat cocksucker in the bed next to me snoring like a freight train. barely got any sleep. i fucking HATE snorers.

8. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

did he at least spoon you?

9. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

+10000000000

did you at least take advantage of the cocksucker part?

10. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

This is the story of my life.

I want to get into management as fast as possible, but I have a hard time relying on people. There is that old adage, "If you want something done right, do it yourself". I just know it is hard to find somebody who cares about what they do like I do. I am kind of scared for the time when I am going to have to find "me" out there.

11. patrickBOOTH

I have been having this recurring dream where I am back in college and I realize that I signed up for a class, forgot about it the majority of the semester and will fail it. Another take on this same dream is I go to take a test in a class and have no idea what the material is and cannot answer any of the questions. I had these dreams all last week and last night my dream was that I was filled with apprehension about talking to my professors about my performance and making up materials. Odd.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  12. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

What really frustrates me is that some people always put in the rock bottom minimum effort on their assigned work. They can say truthfully that they're working on it, but the quality of their work is so low as to be unacceptable to anyone who really cares about it. (For those who don't care strongly about it, it will fall into that very large category of "good enough.") I'm unwilling to stand by and watch that happen, so I saddle myself with more work.

Of course another thing I have learned is that 90% of the people work harder than most of their colleagues. I really don't think I'm being that person here, but still, it's helpful to keep in mind.

13. patrickBOOTH

Sometimes I wonder what goes through people's heads at work. I will send them a presentation and ask them to put in a slide some some kind of information they have. Then they will send the presentation back with their stuff in there in a completely different format, color scheme and everything. Sure, they sent the information, but it sends a message to me that they are either lazy, don't give a shit, or braindead.

14. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

^i used to have that dream/nightmare constantly. that and walking up huge thin staircases with no railings on the side *

my worse recurring nightmare is falling into a murky/muddy river calming myself and start swimming towards the boat/shore and then seeing/hearing a huge crocodile go under water about 20 feet away.

*prologue:

I was fucking terrified when I realized that I literally had to deal with a nightmare scenario when we went to Machu Picchu

[​IMG]

but I eventually just dealt with it. It wasn't pretty, I was scared as hell, and I was a total fucking pussy and started sitting down on those fucking steps at one point... but I made it through:

[​IMG]

15. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

were there any kangaroo appearances in this dream perhaps?