1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 9: A MTM nylon MA-1 bomber from Falcon Garments

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a nylon MA-1 from Falcon garments. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. acidboy

acidboy Stylish Dinosaur

Sup sf?

Pissing me off now: tonight is my last night here in little rock. Not gonna miss little rock- but I will miss spending time with my sister and her husband.

2. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

i read that as meth, that is a much more likely thing to keep you up, not math. that should put you to sleep.

sup acid, enjoy the rest of the family time.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2012

3. acidboy

acidboy Stylish Dinosaur

^ yeah... She's flying to dc anyway for some big doctor conference, and otoh I do miss home a lot, and its another day closer to seeing my family.

4. in stitches

HOP THE FLIGHT TO DC!!!!!

5. imatlas

imatlas Distinguished Member

My understanding is that cow's milk and goat's milk contain slightly different variants of casein, but that's about all I know about it. Lactose intolerance isn't usually quite as...violent...as the symptoms that you've described. Have you ever seen allergist?

Movember is pissing me off right now. It seems to be everywhere at the moment, and when I looked up their form 990 I realized that all they are is a fundraising organization, and that 33 cents of every dollar they raise stays in the Movember organization in the form of salaries and marketing costs. Just donate direct to Livestrong if you're so inclined, you don't need the mustachioed middleman.

6. in stitches

the wonderful weather has turned to crap today.

7. Gibonius

Gibonius Stylish Dinosaur

It was sleeting out here this morning :plain:

8. in stitches

ugh, just rain here. sorry, dude.

9. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Stylish Dinosaur

It was snowing this morning but now the sun is out.

10. Gibonius

Gibonius Stylish Dinosaur

Was more weird than anything, temps were low 40s and we had random bits of ice falling from the sky. Didn't seem to make the roads any worse, although there were a ton of accidents. Usually are in the rain around here, DC area drivers being what they are.

11. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

This morning I lost my best friend; my dog of nearly 13 years, Callie. Her condition has been deteriorating slowly for a year or so, but the issues were related to age and not illness, and they weren't severe enough to make it a quality of life issue. A week ago she had a violent seizure that, thankfully, my mom witnessed. She was able to hold Cal down until the seizure ended. My parents decided that if this happened again they would need to seriously consider euthanizing her.

My dad called at 7AM and told me she had another seizure. I went about 80 on the highway and made it home in pretty close to record time. Callie was calm by then, but my dad said she had been shaking like a leaf earlier. She very likely hurt at least one of her legs during the seizure and had difficulty moving without limping. I guess she also pooped a bit on the carpet. But then my mom told me what happened before I got there: despite the seizure, despite the arthritis, she limped to the door and insisted on going outside. Cal crouched down slightly and peed, and my parents helped her back in. That's the kind of dog she was...she wanted to make us happy and insisted on going to the bathroom the proper way, even with the pain and fear.

I went to the vet with my dad. We sat there for a while and just reminisced about her, and stayed with Cal when the doctor gave her a sedative and then the euthanasia solution. She was gone in literally ten seconds. Needless to say that was one of the saddest experiences of my life. My parents' house already feels emptier and quieter, and I haven;'t stopped crying for more than 5 minutes. She was a great dog and I'm going to miss her for a very long time.

I took this first pic two days ago. She was snoozing peacefully in the sun.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012

12. in stitches

same thing in bmore. the already low intelligence level here, drops even more, in drivers, when there is any form of precipitation.

13. in stitches

conne, that is really sad, man. rough couple of months. i am sure you will pull through. hit me up if you wanna talk or something.

14. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Distinguished Member

Damn I'm sorry about that.

15. Rambo

Rambo Stylish Dinosaur

condolences Conne. losing a loved pet is one of the worst things. good for you that you went to the vet and watched her go. it may seem horrible now, but you would have regretted it if you had missed seeing her off.