Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

Is the UES notorious for a dearth of hot chicks? I was at a few bars last night (The Penrose, which was absurdly crowded and did not impress me, being one) and didn't see much talent at all. Luckily I was already with a girl but the lack of eyecandy was saddening.

I also found out from one of the Lush salespeople that they are discontinuing my prized hair gel. Really pissed off about that.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2012

2. b1os

b1os Senior member

I wonder whether pB already knew. And if not, how shall we break the news to him?

3. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

time to move?

4. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Omnibus post:

1. I learned that it's harder to scrape the cheese off a panini than it is to scrape cheese off a pizza. Anyone who challenges me on this point is living in an alternate reality. (Sorry to be so blunt, but it's a fact.)

2. I was at the store just moments ago and I overheard a woman say veggies. It occurred to me that I never say veggies. The reason is that I don't like the word. It doesn't really piss me off, but it rankles me just a little bit, you know what I'm saying?

3. I ran out of port and I did not buy any new, even though I was at the store. I wonder what got into me?

5. b1os

b1os Senior member

No port, no veggies and no cheese. Oh my!
    So, as I undertand it you are some kind of lactose intolerant, right? Can you enjoy goat milk or sheep milk? If you do, why don't you like goat/sheep cheese (there's so much goodness to be found in the cheese world)?

For me, a weird mix today consisting of much studying, a Klitschko fight, some forum lurking, a Dark & Stormy, a bottle of Marchesi Antinori Chianti Riserva '07, and a dram of Laphroaig Triple Wood/Quarter Cask/10 and Ardbeg 10/Airigh Nam Beist each.

6. L'Incandescent

That is a weird mix!

Honestly, I don't know if I can have goat or sheep milk. My reaction to milk is so bad that I have never had the courage to try it. I don't think it's really lactose intolerance that I have because when I drink lactose free milk, I get the same results. I enjoy soy milk just fine. (Mainly b/c I'm used to it I guess. I can't remember the last time I had milk.)

Also, cheese tastes awful! No offense to the cheese lovers intended, of course. I think my body can't tolerate it, so it has developed a dislike for the taste as a defense.

7. b1os

b1os Senior member

If I were you, I would try sheep or goat milk. Even if it is some kind of lactose intolerance, some people can still enjoy sheep or goat milk. And I can assure you, a statement like "cheese tastes awful" is like "fragrances smell awful". ;) There's just so much variation!

8. L'Incandescent

There is not a single cheese I have ever tried that tastes good. At best, they are in the category of "not inedible."

Also, if sheep or goat milk tastes anything like cow milk, then I don't have any interest in that either. (I think milk tastes bad too. Again, probably for bodily self defense reasons.)

9. b1os

b1os Senior member

They don't. I think a few hours of agonizing pain and throwing up (or whatever your reaction is) is worth the experience of knowing whether you currently can't process sheep's/goat's milk (or can)! And the benefit is to know that you can process the milk. And maybe enjoy the cheesse. And if you don't, at least you know that you can. And that is something, isn't it?

10. L'Incandescent

I'll grant you that much, it is something. :)

P.S. I would vomit.

11. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

I hate cheese. I hate egg even more. Egg reeks of sulfur...nobody else smells it but me, but I can't even be in the same area of a house when someone is scrambling eggs.

12. in stitches

my mouse is not working. :fu:

13. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

Wtf egg and cheese haters?

I made hollandaise sauce from scratch this morning. Holy shit that stuff is so bad for me but it tastes so good. Egg yolks and gratuitous butter. Holy fuck my arteries must hate me.

14. in stitches

srs, eggs and cheese is on of the best food combinations ever.

inb4bacon

15. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

Egg yolk and butter. Mmmmmmmm. Eat it while you can folks, eventually it will be outlawed because its not good for us.