1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

:facepalm:

2. MrG

MrG Senior member

Eh. I judge people who like to fill their time talking about dumb stuff. I'm not really ashamed to admit that.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
  3. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Ed, I implore you to introspect about your insecurities that have been causing you to feel such anger and resentment towards me.

You're the only person on this forum who goes out of his way to semi-seriously insult me, and while I would love to engage you in a battle of wits for hours-on-end, sadly, you are unarmed.

How old are you, again? Genuinely curious.

4. otc

otc Senior member

The woman behind me on the plane yesterday was a total winner (both her pre-takeoff phone call and her attempted interactions with the man next to her). Hopefully I will have time later to do the storytelling justice.

5. MrG

MrG Senior member

My son's daycare just called my wife and told her he's got some stomach bug and needs to go home. On Friday before a three-day weekend filled with plans. Awesome.

6. js4design

js4design Senior member

I don't want to throw myself into this issue between you and Ed, but the bolded is a really lame insult. It probably killed when the first guy that thought of it said it, but it makes me cringe when I hear or read someone say it now.

1 person likes this.
  7. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Sshhh!!

Don't give Ed any fodder!

8. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

I am constantly amazed at the intimate details people shout into their cell phones in public spaces.

G, sorry to hear Jr G has a stomach bug. Hope it passes quickly.

1 person likes this.
  9. edinatlanta

Like three people in this office are sick today, they KNOW the policy is just stay home,we're a small office, don't get everybody else sick (which the first person did).

10. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

its just the type of thing you would give yourself credit for, thats all. :)

the blinker thing is not about being cut off, its about driving with the flow of traffic, and having to screech to a halt when the person in front of you all of sudden starts to turn, when they should have signaled as such a few hundred feet ahead.

or, even more infuriating, when you are coming up to a light and there are equal cars in both lanes so you stay where you are, and then find that the asshole in front of you is turning left and you are stuck waiting, when you would have exited the lane earlier if his damn blinker was on. the worst is when its a busy light, and you cant get over and the guy turns as the light goes back to red, and then you have to wait another round of light changes.

its about people not doing something so simple as putting on a damn blinker when it could otherwise endanger someone or waste their time. damn bastards i would kill them all.

11. in stitches

seriously, if i here one more drawling idiot go on about miley cyrus at the VMAs, i might lose my shit.

also hate that. restaurants, planes and grocery shopping check out lanes seem to invite this.

ugh. i hope it passes quickly and cleanly.

12. edinatlanta

What was Miley Cyrus thinking? I mean come.... on!

There are children watching, for god's sakes! CHILDREN!

13. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

This one seriously pisses me off. I have been known to occasionally behave with less than absolute courtesy and forbearance in such circumstances.

14. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Cross-post to Killing Trayvon thread?

15. MrG

MrG Senior member

Thanks, guys. MrsG got him a little while ago, and it sounds like it's a bit of a lower GI upset (I'll spare you all any further description). No vomiting, no fever, and he seems to be feeling fine (not lethargic or anything), so I'm hoping it's just something that bugged his stomach a little and not a virus that's going to linger or spread through the whole family. I'll have to grab some Pedialyte on the way home and hope for the best.

1 person likes this.
  16. StephenHero

StephenHero Senior member

It's too hot to do anything but complain about society.

2 people like this.
  17. in stitches

sometimes i wish i had a recording device in my car so i could listen to all my verbal explosions, after the fact. i think it would be amusing.

18. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Kids are good for that, unfortunately. :embar:

1 person likes this.
  19. edinatlanta

You know what the worst thing ever is?

When someone tries to be friendly with you and start a convo as you're waiting for the elevator. No dude, I don't care that you seem to posses keen powers of observation vis-a-vis this building's internal modes of transportation. But the only reason I am responding is because I know you work here and I'll see you again.

(The above scenario just played out).

20. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Fine with that as long as she's hawt

1 person likes this.