1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. RockyTop

RockyTop Well-Known Member

Interesting. I'd rather pay less and have the govt do less.

2. otc

otc Senior member

I can't decide which shoes to bring to NYC.

And the suit I wanted to bring has a little hole in the pants and soy sauce stains from the last wedding I went to (I don't want to get it cleaned until I figure out what to do about the hole since it will make it fray

3. js4design

js4design Senior member

I went to arch school with a Tower of Power superfan. He had what seemed to be every album they ever released and would play them in studio whenever he had the chance. He turned out to be a real creep - introducing himself to my female FB friends as a close friend of mine and then trying to have weird sexting convos and sending them unsolicited dick pics, besmirching my good name in the process. This has nothing to do with his love for Tower of Power, but fuck that guy.

1 person likes this.
  4. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Didn't they back up Huey Lewis back in the day?

5. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Just got home from a long day of work and guess what's going on in my condo building, a fire (blaze). Luckily, everything is fine on my floor. Don't know who started it, so I'm going to yell at everyone I see in my building, have to get the right person eventual.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  6. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

at work? is he part of the academe?

7. L'Incandescent

Coupons is on the periphery of academe.

8. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

So the philosophy department then.

1 person likes this.
  9. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

5th breaking in my building last night in as many months and there's only 18 apartments, last night it was the down stairs neighbor who got their door kicked in, luckily someone heard it so the police came quickly, so they apparently didn't get anything, but still. :cloud:

10. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Inside job?????

11. L'Incandescent

So I don't have a private restroom in my office must needs use the public facility. Well, sometimes there are people in the defecation stalls (toilets) when I go in. Sometimes out of the blue I'll hear someone say "okay, and now on to wiping." As if they think I won't believe they did hygiene unless they announce it in word. Gimme a break, I just assume people do hygiene until I have evidence to the contrary.

12. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Maybe they were talking on the phone to somebody who they are supposed to be meeting with whom is very impatient?

13. L'Incandescent

Maybe he was on the phone with Coupons, with whom he was going to meet to acquire some coupons.

14. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

15. L'Incandescent

Hadn't even thought of that as a possibility.

16. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Nope, someone saw him run away and he doesn't live in the building, they only go for easy money (no laptops etc.)

Same idiot tried to break in to an apartment in the neighboring building while the resident was home, so people know what he/they look like, they just need to figure out who they are.

17. erictheobscure

erictheobscure Senior member

Get a call from my mom and it turns out that my dad (stoic, never go to the doctor's, I'll-die-when-I-die type) has had undiagnosed diabetes for a long time and his eyes are in poor shape. Not an immediate problem, but could turn serious over the next decade. The thought of taking care of my parents as they age has always hovered about, but this puts an edge on things.

18. L'Incandescent

I hope your dad will be able to change his behavior and take a more proactive attitude toward his own health. Unfortunately, I've seen people who just cannot make that transition, and they suffer unnecessarily because of it.

19. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

Three meetings tomorrow, the day before a freaking long weekend. Sigh.

20. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

People who use hash tags to say shit they can write out normally in a sentence piss me off.