1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

hope your dad's fine, B. and stay dry! (I'm still at work right now, but I need to head back soon lest the water rises)

I'm safe, Larry. so is bbaquiran :) thanks!

and yeah, it's been raining like hell since Sunday morning- the past 3 days of rain is more than the average rainfall we get the whole month of August, and its still raining like hell as we speak. what pisses me off more though is that tomorrow is a holiday, and I might have to go in. and its because my employer is very poor in planning shit up not because we're delayed or are chasing some deadline very soon.

1 person likes this.
  2. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

oh, and as I'm typing this, bad radio music cubicle beside me's playing celine dion's song from titanic.

3. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

Get one that doesn't suck, but is good at sucking.

1 person likes this.
  4. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

When one is relaxed like a rag doll it is preferable to have tasks performed on oneself, rather than the inverse.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
  5. death shot

death shot Senior member

Almost a week later, my order status at The Corner just changed to "Our warehouse is preparing your order. You will receive a confirmation e-mail as soon as it has been shipped."

Estimated delivery time after placing order: 5-8 working days.

[​IMG]

6. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

so since i started my weightlifting routine and having a protein shake before bed, I literally can not sleep through the night without having to pee. It is sometimes 2/3 times a night, no matter what. It isn't that big a deal i go right back to sleep and now i've gotten so used to it i wake as soonas i feel the slightest pressure and just go but I wish I could do something about it.

7. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Just wait until you get older; you won't even need the protein shakes to produce that effect (of nighttime micturations).

8. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

keep safe acid

1 person likes this.
  9. js4design

js4design Senior member

Are you working out in the evening too? I had the same issue but it was from the amount of water I was drinking while working out, not the protein shake afterward.

10. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

i knew yesterday was too good to be true. today has taken the place of miserable first day back after vacation.

11. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

I'm a little pissed off we've had no Hermes Man updates.

12. death shot

death shot Senior member

My voice apparently sounds like John C Reilly. I'm a big fan of the man, but people assume that I'm stupid.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  13. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

At least you don't look like him.

14. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

F'yer health!

Glad you're OK, Filipino friends.

I made it to about 12:30 today and had to leave work. Felt like I was going to pass out. This virus is absolutely miserable.

15. erictheobscure

erictheobscure Senior member

From the department of lessons in human incompetence:

Had impressions taken for a nighttime bite guard about three weeks ago. No word from my dental office (which I knew to be a shady nameless corporate operation rather than a single doctor's practice). After three or four calls I finally got them to admit they'd lost the impressions. Now I have to deal with a manager for a refund--which, they think, might take a month to process. Guess I'll have to start going to one of those good dentists who don't accept my insurance plan.

16. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

There's a shirt on EBay that I'd really like to bid on, but the auction lists three different sizes. I messaged the seller asking if he has a listing for the size I'm looking for, and he answered,

"The auction is for all three sizes and you can choose the size after the win."

I don't want to bid against someone who is buying a different shirt, that doesn't make any sense. Has EBay gotten rid of Dutch Auctions, or is this guy skirting the rules?

17. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Girlfriend got home from an outlet mall a few days ago with some new shoes on heavy discount, non-returnable. They're fake alligator skin full brogues.. But SILVER. They smelled terrible, I told her there was no way they were new. She promises they were. Worst shoes I've ever seen.. and smelled.

I go in the closet the next day (we share one) and it smelled just like the shoes. I told her they're not allowed in the closet. She asked where I wanted them and, of course, I said the trash. She put them somewhere else.

The next day, I go in the closet and it smells worse. FAR worse. Amplified. I asked her if she put the shoes back in there and she said no, she lit incense in the closet to kill the smell.

Now my clothes smell like fucked up incense. This was days ago that she put the incense in there and I can't seem to get it out of the closet since EVERY piece of clothing of hers and mine smell like that.

18. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Haha this is like the Seinfeld episode

2 people like this.
  19. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

I still have barely any appetite. Tired of this. :angry:

20. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

There's a conference room at work that smells like the Seinfeld episode.