Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I can't get this horrible nanny murder story out of my head. I'm trying to focus on work but all I can think of is my kids right now, and how I'm not with them. :(

2. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Senior member

I don't see the upside on the toddler pics. Not that it is offensive to me, but there is a real possibility that others may find it so. Did that thought not come to mind?

3. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

Christ, that's right. I imagine all of us here grew up when those pictures were taken with film, not digitally. I think the in-laws weren't reacting to that, however. Still, SS's point is a damn good one.

4. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

:(

5. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

A colleague just (like in the last 30 minutes) went nuts trying to track down his 17 year old niece. Apparently her mom is certifiable, and she didn't think to tell anyone in the family that her daughter would be staying with a friend while mom recovers from surgery. They only learned about it because she mentioned in an offhand way that her daughter "would be back in a couple of days." Mom's boyfriend is creepy trailer trash who probably shouldn't be around a 17 year old unsupervised.

The niece is fine and staying with a friend, but WTF kind of parent is that?

6. Biscotti

Biscotti Senior member

I feel a cold coming on - this is not the time of year to get sick...too much shit to do.

The weather outside sucks...tomorrow will be rainy, working outside in the cold rain sucks, especially when feeling shitty.

All I've been doing the past month is research and reading; I'm writing longer, more thorough papers than people I know doing their graduate studies in my program....

7. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

I left my office today, but then I started to worry that I had left my fan on and that it might start a fire. So I had to come back and check. Of course the fan was off. I never actually do any of the things I worry about having done. But irregardless, I continue to worry.

8. althanis

althanis Senior member

When people use the word irregardless.

9. mrjase

mrjase New Member

people starring all time, and when I stare back they look away fast... really enoying

10. L'Incandescent

How about when cats say irregardless? Do you have feelings one way or another about that?

11. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

lol.. this is how your in-laws sees you, D:
    [​IMG]

seriously- I'd just ignore them.... people can put malice in everything and anything if they so want- that's their problem. nothing good will come out of it if you confront them with this, and you surely do not need to explain yourself to them.
    I sorta had that same issue with MY folks, when my wife called my father and invited him to a dinner celebrating my mother in law's death anniversary, and my wife told my father that he's invited but she understands if he's busy and won't be unable to attend. and my folks (who I know do not like my wife because they are fucking crazy) interpreted this as "we have an event and I have to invite you but you don't need to go". fucking killed me when I found out (through another person) but I found it so pointless to even talk to them. malicious people is malicious.

that's crazy and sad... every parent's worst nightmare. :(

12. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

Douglas, I'm with you, but I don't email those pictures. but they are cute, and I see them as innocent, but my wife feels strongly about them, so I don't take them.

I have my team in town this week, and it is a collosal pain in the ass. we have a corporate dress code - business casual. my guys stretch it, wearing jeans and sneakers, so I sent out an email reminding them how to dress before they came. of course, one of them tried to stretch the rules, wearing a pair of new dark jeans and a sweatshirt, and I had to tear him a new asshole. I don't like doing that.

13. L'Incandescent

That kind of conduct drives me absolutely batty. It doesn't even seem like you can chalk it up to laziness, since it doesn't really require much more effort, if any, to dress business casual than in jeans and a sweatshirt. It's like the person is going out of his way to send the signal to everyone that he's doing the rock bottom minimum, and maybe even less if he can get away with it. That's a terrible signal to send.

14. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

bingo - that is exactly it. he wants to show that he is such a good producer that he doesn't have to follow the rules. fucking cunt

15. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Make him tow the line. Remember one of our banned trolls, Hey Man? He went on endlessly about this topic and I kept telling him I would do progressive discipline and eventually fire the guy. Hey Man just would not believe that.