Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

She's a toddler for heaven's sake...

Some people are uncomfortable with nudity and any slight sexual connotations even if a toddler to normal people can't be seen that way..

My mother in law is a bit the same...

If my son or daughter are naked in my house,she is making them wear their panties straight away..

2. death shot

death shot Senior member

The loudmouth moron at work.

Many people think that you're a fucking bozo, even if they fake-laugh at your jokes. You also look like a black Ninja Turtle.

Choke on eggs.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  3. althanis

althanis Senior member

Yeah, I actually purposely let my briefcase or duffel bump into them as a I pass.

4. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

i dont know about you all (thomas, im talkin to you!) but 7:30 is way to early for me to be at work.

5. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

My mother has a million of those of my sister and I, can see why anything would get their panties in a bunch over them (execpt your daugther in 10-20 years when you show them to her bf).

I have figured out a solution walk around with a closed fist at eye height, people tend to move away, when they see a fist coming towards their face. :embar:

6. death shot

death shot Senior member

Petty misandry. The anti-father witch hunt is getting really old.

7. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

I'm of two minds of this. One is that you're her father and have to bathe her and such is life. They need to get over it. I get a little of this sometimes, where it's like - you're a man and therefore untrustworthy.

The other is this: Someone, somewhere is going to see this in the Wrong Light (in fact you already know a few of these people, evidently). All you need is the wrong person with a bit of authority to decide to target you, and things will get inconvenient in a hurry. We as parents do not have the degree of latitude that we once had, and privacy has completely gone out the window. So they 'wash their hands of it' and denounce to avoid the witch hunt. I hate that things have come to that point.

8. death shot

death shot Senior member

^

Yeah. It really is much, much worse for fathers. It has to stop.

9. in stitches

the world has gone to shit :(

10. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Well, it depends on what you choose to look at. The world has always had witch hunts and random acts of violence. We were just talking about it last night as we searched for my Halloween costume.

Maybe a mile from our house, there was shooting at our local Sonic. Sonic was giving away free slushies to celebrate the Texans victory over Bmore (take that Stitch!), two groups of kids got into a fight. Someone ran to their car, grabbed a gun, and started firing into the crowd. Five shots. Blood at the scene, but no injuries reported. Weird. I think that was Mon or Tues.

Relative of a friend was gunned down in the street two days ago. It was a failed abduction, and there's a nationalistic component to it. Given some of the names involved, I'm reluctant to go into further details.

Remember that guy who fell off the escalator at Reliant Stadium a month or two ago? Wife's cousin was standing, with her kids, 10 feet away from where he landed. Had one of the kids wandered a bit...

Random shit, man.

OTOH, we were in a mild panic when we couldn't find the in-laws last night. Turned out they were at a rosary for their friend's mother who lived to a surprisingly healthy 99 years old. 99 years.

11. otc

otc Senior member

Someone in my office has posed frontal nude photos (sitting on a chair or something) of his daughter and I am terrible at guessing ages of kids but I definitely think she is older than 3. Always find it a little odd every time I am in his office but I don'f find the photos themselves to be odd...just putting them up in your office.

12. in stitches

yeah, i didnt mean in entirety, just in regards to certain misplaced hypersensitivities. certainly, in certain ways, the world is vastly improved. :)

13. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Sorry Douglas, I think it's weird to send around photos like that. Yeah, at that age you can take the pcitures but not everyone (relatives or not) will think it's cute to have that sent to them. It's one thing to have it framed or saved in some photo album you show people but another to distribute it. Some may find it cute, others will be put off. It seems like you got the 2nd reaction.

14. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

I don't fully agree with this but think Joff might be on to something regarding mode of transmission. I bet it would have been fine in an old fashioned paper photo be given given a copy; it was arriving via text that contributed to them being bummed out.

15. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Good heavens, when did OCBD's get so damned expensive!