1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

I had planned to get up early, hit the farmer's market, and head to the lake. I went to bed at 10:30, excited about my Saturday, and ended waking up at 2AM with a raging fever, drenched in sweat, every joint aching. Tossed and turned all night, probably got 5 hours sleep total. I feel somewhat better but there's a lingering headache and lethargy that are keeping me on the couch.

:fu: :fu: :fu:

Last edited: Aug 17, 2013
  2. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Son, I am disappoint. I didn't get of those until I was over 40.

3. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

i got my first and last all day hangover at age 17. learned a valuable lesson.

2 people like this.
  4. js4design

js4design Senior member

Went outside to cut some basil to add to breakfast, locked the door as I exited out of habit, now waiting on my wife to come home while eggs and cheese sit warming on the counter. And I'm very hungry after this morning's 10 mile run.

5. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

At least you locked yourself out with your phone. SF is here for you

3 people like this.
  6. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

you should have spit inside his car

1 person likes this.
  7. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Fuck you. :)
    FTFY

2 people like this.
  8. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

Next Friday is the one year anniversary of my grandmother's death at what most would consider a pretty young age. Feels like it happened yesterday, I know exactly where I was and exactly what my mother said on the phone. We're doing a little graveside memorial service which means I will be a sobbing mess but in the end I expect I'll be glad we did it.

Doesn't help that my birthday is next Sunday.

9. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

IIRC, she was in her 60's, which is too young indeed. In the midst of the sadness, I hope the graveside memorial brings you comfort.

3 people like this.
  10. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

I think I managed to sunburn the corner of my face next to my right eye. Probably missed the spot with the sunscreen :fu:

11. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Senior member

All Blacks 47 V Wallabies Wannabies 29 Bourdieu was right how can one be a sports fan. And fuck Bundaberg rum too for that matter.

12. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Ughhhhh I have to fly out for work tomorrow.. :(

Also, I can't grow an amazing beard. That pisses me off.

13. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

When the Rams get into the red zone, the station that televises their games makes the field that Dr Pepper plum color. (It is the Dr Pepper red zone.) It looks really, really terrible. (On the other hand, I guess I might not be seeing the Rams in the Dr Pepper red zone too much anyway.)

Also, I hate when the Rams wear navy over navy, but they don't even care what I think.

14. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

I can't remember the last time I was this sick. I hate the flu.

15. MrG

MrG Senior member

On the bright side, Conne, if you're still feeling rough when the week starts, you can use one of the 300 days of sick leave you receive every year.

Seriously, though, feel better, man. Getting sick on the weekend is the worst.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  16. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

17. L'Incandescent

I dreamed last night that my department did not support my tenure application. (That would effectively mean that I was fired.) Even though I've gotten "Excellent" on every single performance review up until now, I am still having anxiety. (My tenure dossier is due this coming Friday.)

18. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

I had a dream last night that I was fighting off zombies in a post-apocalyptic world with other remaining survivors.

Part of the adventure included hang-gliding off of sky scrapers with a make-shift cloth contraption. And obviously, there was a lot of zombie head impalement on my part.

Don't know where this is going, but I wish you the best of luck!

19. L'Incandescent

That's a pretty good dream! My dreams are typically very simple, and don't involve complex plots with characters or anything like that. For example, I'm playing baseball, then I ground out to short, then I go and sit on the bench.

20. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

I would put the drivers in Orlando up against anyone in the world for sheer driving stupidity. This is not aggressive driving or different road culture - I've seen multiple instances of criminally negligent stupidity every time I've driven there (which is very often)

Last edited: Aug 18, 2013