Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. otc

otc Senior member

Don't worry. 10 minutes ago, a woman from the cleaning crew blasted in to the bathroom while I was doing the thing we aren't supposed to talk about anymore in this thread (but it involves blasting).

2. MrG

MrG Senior member

One of my closest friends was supposed to come up with his family for my son's birthday party this weekend (they live about eight hours away). Problem is, this friend, despite being a really good guy, is one of the least reliable human beings I've ever met. That being the case, the missus and I have been trying to stay in touch and get updates over the weeks since he mentioned coming up in the hopes that we'd know ahead of time if plans fell through. It looked like he was actually going to make it happen, so we've tried to do stuff to accommodate them, but I found out a couple of days ago that their plans might change. He's supposed to be here tomorrow. I just got in touch with him to get a definitive answer as to whether we should expect them, and it turns out he still isn't certain they're coming.

What the hell? You're supposed to be on the road in like 12 hours. How is this not decided?

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012

3. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan White Hispanic

A good excuse to cancel hasn't happened yet. Give it time. We've all got friends like this.

4. Fisher Shard

Fisher Shard Well-Known Member

I just cannot get my hair right, no matter what I do =(

Thing is I try to do it without the pomade or anything.

5. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Here's the thing: not everyone takes commitments the way we do. There is quite a bit of literature on the type of people like your friend, the type of people that are late for every meeting, etc. It basically percolates down to insecurity and/or a false sense of worth. So I guess you should cut him some slack but not count on him to be there.

6. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

i know people who have dont that. maybe i DO know you. :)

i didnt know you were so tight with edina. :confused:

7. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

i know that i complain on here about what idiots some people are at work, but i actually like my direct colleagues a lot (the people who work for the same boss as me). there is, however, one annoying thing that they all do that i have no time for.

whenever one of us, or someone who works for us, slights the other - no matter how big or small the offense - we have to have THE TALK about it. and give/receive FEEDBACK. it's fucking tiresome. i completely agree if we're talking about someone who keeps making the same mistake or did something that was drunk air traffic controller-bad, but not every little goddamn thing. today, i've had these FEEDBACK sessions to hear about -

how i should have notified the meeting organizer that i was bringing one of my people to a meeting ahead of time (the meeting was about her project and i need her there to actually answer questions and make the meeting productive. didn't realize i had to get a multiple entry visa to the conference room for my person)

how my assistant had a bit of an attitude when a colleague dropped by my office (said colleague had previously thrown my assistant under the bus because he was looking for me, tried to find my assistant to find me but couldn't find her, and proceeded to call the senior assistant implying that my assistant isn't available when she needs to be)

that one of my people mentioned a colleague's project in a meeting. apparently that means that my team is trying to take credit for something that we are not really leading

i swear, people just need to get over stuff that is not a big deal. i used to spend hours wasting time on this shit but now i've taken to brushing people off when they want to talk about petty bullshit. i love you guys and will do anything it takes to help you on the truly important stuff, but i am not going to get sucked into all this little garbage

8. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

HRoi, you may not like to hear this, but I noticed in your post that you used many terms that I use in my own posts, such as "colleague," "swear," and "multiple entry." I don't know, it just feels like you're trying to piggyback on my online reputation. I think we need to talk this through, not via PM, but right here in public view.

9. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

are we going to have a FEEDBACK session? :fu:

10. L'Incandescent

For the good of the forum, I can't see any way around it.

11. in stitches

as with most things, the best way around it, is to reach around.

12. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Senior member

I had to contact a government department today and make an appointment.

So i go into their office and they tell me they are too busy and give me a number to ring.

I ring and I am informed that at this time i can make an appointment to make an appointment. So they give me an appointment time in early November when they will call me to make the appointment.

So why can't I make an appointment today? "we're too busy, so I can only offer you an appointment time to make an appointment. ":brick:

I knew I should never have run away from the circus as a child.:decisions:

13. L'Incandescent

Stitchy, that sentence is gayer than anything I have ever written on this forum. You deserve an award of some sort.

14. in stitches

why thank you.

15. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

Lawyers have no soul hence no soul to sneeze out of their body.