1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Whenever I wear pink pants or shorts there is someone what says "Are those supposed to be pink or did you just mess up trying to wash them?"

2. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

I admit that I have never seen pink or Nantucket Red pants or shorts on a man and thought they looked even halfway decent. I wear a lot of pink, but never as pants.

3. L'Incandescent

I think I get pretty close, maybe 45% decent. If I had a fuller head of hair, I think I'd clear 50%.

4. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

I really hope Im not carrying the baldness gene.

I see kids my age whose hairlines have clearly started receding and it freaks me out.

5. L'Incandescent

There's always the Hair Club for Men.

When I used to get my hair cut, my hair stylist told me that the guys who'd gotten new hair at Hair Club for Men were the worst customers because they would shamelessly hit on her. For some reason, that has always seemed funny to me.

6. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

Mine started when I was 18. Ain't no big thang, as it's been holding steady since I was 25 or so. The bald spot on the crown is the one to worry about.

1 person likes this.
  7. L'Incandescent

I don't think I follow what you mean in the bolded part. If your hairline recedes like a lot of men's, then you end up with the horseshoe, with no hair or very little hair on the top of your head. (That is my case.) That seems like something to worry about too.

8. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

My iPhone hasn't been able to receive a data connection since I got back from Canada yesterday. AT&T was no help, so I'm having to venture to downtown Chicago to an apple store in hopes they can figure it out. It's 4 days out of the 1 year warranty and I really hope they don't try to fuck me over.

9. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

My girlfriends grandma had a minor stroke. Nothing is really minor when someone is as elderly as she is. Already can't walk, hardly talks. So the GF had to fly over to say hi (and probably goodbye).

Sad sad sad. I wanted to go with her but I've only met her grandma twice while she lived here, I felt like the visit should be a little more reserved for family. and we'd have to get everything arranged for us to be gone for four days, during the time of 10pm when she booked the flight and 7am when it took off (we have three dogs that can't stay indoors all the time since they chew, or outdoors since it's 110* outside), plus $1400 for the two tickets. So I stayed behind.

Edit: On top of that, I've got her good friend trying to one up me. She's disliked me ever since we started dating. Just sent me a text asking what the issue was (since I had to state there was an event we were going to tonight that she can't attend now). After I explained and stated I had stayed behind, she said, "Well I'll go ahead and tell her if she wants me there, I'll hop on a flight." Wtf.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
  10. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

^i'm sorry about that. but on a side note

sometimes going to funerals/major elderly sicknesses as the supportive boyfriend puts you in a position to get a ton of sex. I always remembered being in that position throughout collage and the girlfriends are totally in the mood to have sex. funeral/major sickness sex is awesome.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
  11. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

True. But unfortunately, I'm definitely not in a position to be out of work for a few days, drop $1400 on the tkts, or get someone to take care of the dogs that quickly. SUCKS. Best I could do is pay for her ticket and clean the house as a surprise for her. Maybe that'll get the sex.

12. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Holy shit, I would want to blow my brains out.

13. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

14. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan Senior member

Windows 8 is so mind-blowingly shitty. I never wanted to go back to Apple, but I don't see how I have much of a choice. I've given it a month and it's just completely worthless.

15. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

Windows Phone is all right, I will stick with Win 7 on my laptop though..., no touch screen here. Did you get a Surface or update a old one (i.e. no touch screen), or bought a new laptop

16. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

I don't mind 8. I hate MacOS

1 person likes this.
  17. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

I started shaving my head when I was 17. It's not so bad but I have a good head shape.

18. yjeezle

yjeezle Senior member

it's ok if your hairline starts receding... mine's receded a tad bit since graduating college but due to precautionary measures (not rogaine or propecia yet), it's kept the recession to a minimum. I haven't developed the horseshoe yet

you have options now anyway to mitigate it. it takes a bit more work but meh.

19. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

I have a lustrous, glorious mane. Everyone in my family has kept a full head of hair until death. :slayer:

20. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Good luck. From what you've shared here about your publications, service, and teaching, it sounds like you'll have an easy case for granting tenure. I hope it turns out that way.